Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anybody feel as if they hit the "lottery" in life itself??

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I Agree! 

I went to bed last night thinking, "If I had in a palatial mansion it wouldnt be any BETTER than it is right now"

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Money is such a big part of America now a days i'm wondering just how many people think they hit life's lottery...As in maybe you beat cancer, or your child didn't get hurt or God forbid killed in some accident...Or you like me actually had a great childhood and have more fond memories of growing up than bad...I could ALWAYS use more money LOL....but as life goes i think I got a pretty good one...I hope all of you do as well........

Thanks for sharing b2b, I have a son that was saved from a potential abortion situation. He is 21 now, already served his country and has an honorable discharge. He is married and about to have his first child. We are best of friends and communicate almost daily. No amount of money in the world can replace happiness.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

I agree. Thumbs Up If you make it out of your mother's womb without Planned Parenthood chopping you up into little pieces, life can be a wonderful thing!

I Agree!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I agree. Thumbs Up If you make it out of your mother's womb without Planned Parenthood chopping you up into little pieces, life can be a wonderful thing!

Amen Brother....Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Everyday is a gift, Just yesterday, I was waiting for my son to get home before I started my shift, He went to the Gun and Knife show in Novi, bout a 20 minute drive from here, all freeway, the snow was coming down in squalls, Needless to say, I was a worried Mom.

When he got home, he told me about the scary ride home, how slow they had to drive, I got a big hug, It was a hug that said, " I love my Mom" You can't trade those moments for all the money in the world.

Cherish the little moments, they mean everything.

Amen SisterI Agree! I'm glad he made it home safe Sully.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2013, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Amen SisterI Agree! I'm glad he made it home safe Sully.

I Agree!

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
              Columbus, Ohio
              United States
              Member #128906
              June 5, 2012
              599 Posts
              Posted: February 17, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

As long as I have to work for a living just to barely make ends meet is not something i consider beating a life lottery. We live in a material world, and it takes money to survive, or lots more money to live stress free with no cares in the world. I want as much money as i can get.

I'll save the whales after i get rich.

People always say you have your health. Yeah, so what? Working 7 days a week is no way to live life, especially when there isn't time to enjoy it cause I'm always working.

If you ain't rich, life is just a waste of time and energy trying to catch up, especially in a bad economy.

So many people tell me it could be worse, but i got news for them. NEWS FLASH !, It could be better too.

Life sucks if you isn't rich, cause after this life, you're just worm food.

This is such a brilliant post, I think one of the best here... I agree.

Years ago, I had money... well over 100k a yr for several years.  After losing most of it due to a few bad real estate deals and ever changing web space (websites) my life is different.  I'm doing a 9-5 at a bank, have debt and I'm down to just one rental.  I'm truly not happy and I wish I had parts of my old life back.  I'm not completely down and out but money would make my life easier and I'll be alot happier.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

This is such a brilliant post, I think one of the best here... I agree.

Years ago, I had money... well over 100k a yr for several years.  After losing most of it due to a few bad real estate deals and ever changing web space (websites) my life is different.  I'm doing a 9-5 at a bank, have debt and I'm down to just one rental.  I'm truly not happy and I wish I had parts of my old life back.  I'm not completely down and out but money would make my life easier and I'll be alot happier.

Thanks.

Sorry for your monetary loss. It's harder once you've already tasted the good life and forced to change your lifestyle habits because of a major reduction in pay. I'd be happy making 100 grand a year for sure.

Hey, we only have one life and that's it, so if it isn't done right it's a waste of a life. I'm not a religious person so i don't believe there's an afterlife to look forward to as a consolation.

Who knows, maybe in my next life I'll come back as a member of the lucky sperm club and be born in Beverly Hills. Green laugh

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  5125 Posts
                  Posted: February 17, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

If I wake up in the morning, I know it's going to be a good day!!!  Thumbs Up

The day I don't, is going to be a bummer.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #126396
                    April 8, 2012
                    402 Posts
                    Posted: February 17, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Money cant get you everythigng in this life, but in our society it is definately means  freedom. And freedom is very important for us. I really believe freedom is road to happiness. Can you imagine just wake up everyday and make your own choices about what you want to do.

I try to wake up everyday and be thankful for what I have, but it is so hard when others depending on you. If you have kids and leaving paycheck to paycheck with debt in your pocket I just  cant resist to have huge wish to be rich.

And honestly a lots of time question pop up in my head why was I born in this way, mean I was raised by single mother who worked hard all her life and still strugling without money and other people were born in  to money..I guess I will never find an answer. But life is going on and I have to hope that dreams come true one day, cause without hope there is nothing to look forward to and it would be great gift of life to hit lottery and be more free and expirience riches. I had enough lessons, I learned through the times of hard work..But I still thankful for my life, though, even without being rich I have many things I had been blessed with..

Nice topic..Big Smile

oregon
                      United States
                      Member #136618
                      December 15, 2012
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: February 17, 2013, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Money cant get you everythigng in this life, but in our society it is definately means  freedom. And freedom is very important for us. I really believe freedom is road to happiness. Can you imagine just wake up everyday and make your own choices about what you want to do.

I try to wake up everyday and be thankful for what I have, but it is so hard when others depending on you. If you have kids and leaving paycheck to paycheck with debt in your pocket I just  cant resist to have huge wish to be rich.

And honestly a lots of time question pop up in my head why was I born in this way, mean I was raised by single mother who worked hard all her life and still strugling without money and other people were born in  to money..I guess I will never find an answer. But life is going on and I have to hope that dreams come true one day, cause without hope there is nothing to look forward to and it would be great gift of life to hit lottery and be more free and expirience riches. I had enough lessons, I learned through the times of hard work..But I still thankful for my life, though, even without being rich I have many things I had been blessed with..

Nice topic..Big Smile

Keep up with thinking positive even when your road has dead ends or becomes very bumpy. Know the feeling and been through many things myself. Things may not always turn out exactly how anyone ever wants it. On the other hand what dont kill you , makes you stronger.

No sorry, i dont have a tic tac for your foul mouth lolJester Laugh

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3159 Posts
                        Posted: February 17, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Felt like i won today. Ran a chainsaw for 5 hours today and did'nt spill any blood.

Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #126396
                          April 8, 2012
                          402 Posts
                          Posted: February 17, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Keep up with thinking positive even when your road has dead ends or becomes very bumpy. Know the feeling and been through many things myself. Things may not always turn out exactly how anyone ever wants it. On the other hand what dont kill you , makes you stronger.

ImDaBakerLady, Thanks,

it is very true what you said.

tvpventures..

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4146 Posts
                            Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Nikki- l have never had to sleep in the cold, gone to bed hungry and for that l am eternally grateful.l think often of those who have and hope they can find a way out of their situations.
                            Im living my lottery in life- just being alive is a jackpot , however when l hit the big one that will be the icing on the cake.Stretch

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                              Joplin MO
                              United States
                              Member #138489
                              January 28, 2013
                              190 Posts
                              Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I can say that I (we) have won the lottery of life!

Like many people, there are things that could be better, but there are sooo many things that could be worse.  There are just far too many things that have worked out in such an awesome way, that we cannot deny that Jesus watching down on us and is taking care of us!!!

If I ever do win a big chunk of money, one of the promises that I've made is to do more to help others that haven't been so lucky.