Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Excel to open office formatting question.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Greenfox.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3112 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2013, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Those spreadsheets that Mickie linked to are great. The user interface is very close to that of Excel. Some of the formulas I use won't (or I don't know how to make them work in the Apache). But the Kingsoft is great and much more user friendly. I've been using it and am getting close to making up a book in it. I may not be able to do the Apache, but will try. I would definetly recommend the Kingsoft though. For free, and as close as it is to the excel, you can't beat it.

Thanks again Mickie for the link and finding it!!!

The open office that came free with my computer in 2002 described itself as an excel viewer, it would not run the macros.  Does the Kingsoft run excel macros?

Thanks BobP

Mickie's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
    Spring Lake
    United States
    Member #313
    April 26, 2002
    181 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2013, 9:30 am - IP Logged

:-) Happy for you, now if we could only find a free version of excel,LOL

MickieDisney

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
      Burnsville
      United States
      Member #107244
      March 4, 2011
      853 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

The open office that came free with my computer in 2002 described itself as an excel viewer, it would not run the macros.  Does the Kingsoft run excel macros?

Thanks BobP

Hey BobP,

What I downloaded was just the spreadsheets from Kingsoft. They do have and will run macros in the kingsoft office pro. It costs like $70 dollars though. Still cheaper than MS office, by about half. I haven't tried to run any with it so far with what I'm doing, but the only one I have in it is to date the sheets. I haven't really tried to do that yet so I don't know. I do know from reading on it that the pro version will.

From what I've used it though in just the spreadsheets, it's for sure worth getting for free. The Apache program is nice but it wont read a lot of my formulas and the user interface takes some getting used to.

Hope this helps out!!!

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
      When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
        Burnsville
        United States
        Member #107244
        March 4, 2011
        853 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

:-) Happy for you, now if we could only find a free version of excel,LOL

Yes it would. I don't think MS, will let that happen anytime soon though. Not thru them anyway. I'm sure looking around it's untelling what one could find.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
        When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-