Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you need to win THAT much?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Inland Empire
United States
Member #118116
October 22, 2011
317 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2013, 1:15 am - IP Logged

I guess I need a couple of millions and use it as a nestegg to boost my life in general. I have no intention to retire even if I win. 

I don't need a house. If I invest in mid-risk income investments then I might fetch a few thousand dollars per month. That's sweet enough for me.

Even if I won $100 mil, I'd still invest 90% of the prize for income properties and other funds that generate incomes. And I'd run a charity foundation that helps vets in So Cal with the incomes from the investment.

I really, really want to stay like a hermit. I mean, I'd still live in a nice suburb but I will never reveal that I am a winner. And see, I've been lonely for many years and I want to feel compensated. I don't want to sound like a pig but I won't go monogamous for some time because I was completely depraved of intimacy for many years, since I got out of the military. I am sorry for saying this and please don't bully me.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19911 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2013, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

Inland Empire
      United States
      Member #118116
      October 22, 2011
      317 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2013, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Guys, seriously...I want to win one. But I don't wanna win some massive windfall. The visualization and meditation on such astronomical fortune scares me because too much wealth corrupts our souls.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2013, 4:03 am - IP Logged

I would be happy with $1 million-$2 million PB & Mega second prize. or what ever the Hot Lotto jackpot is.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2013, 4:06 am - IP Logged

I'd be happy with a medium sized pizza with extra anchovies. Dance

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2013, 7:46 am - IP Logged

I guess I need a couple of millions and use it as a nestegg to boost my life in general. I have no intention to retire even if I win. 

I don't need a house. If I invest in mid-risk income investments then I might fetch a few thousand dollars per month. That's sweet enough for me.

Even if I won $100 mil, I'd still invest 90% of the prize for income properties and other funds that generate incomes. And I'd run a charity foundation that helps vets in So Cal with the incomes from the investment.

I really, really want to stay like a hermit. I mean, I'd still live in a nice suburb but I will never reveal that I am a winner. And see, I've been lonely for many years and I want to feel compensated. I don't want to sound like a pig but I won't go monogamous for some time because I was completely depraved of intimacy for many years, since I got out of the military. I am sorry for saying this and please don't bully me.

Do I need to win that much??? Hmmm think about this...Do you really need a car?? God gave you to feet you can walk whever you want to go...Do I need a television?? Well you could sit around and listen to the radio like they did in the 30's and 40's or talk to your family better yet....People don't need to win that much...but like everything else it would make life easier and more comfortable....For me I say bigger is always better and more is better than less....Im sorry Im a huge capitalist....I just love money...which is probaly wh I can't get enough of it LOL LOL

lele100's avatar - pinklisa
              Saint Louis MO
              United States
              Member #110754
              May 11, 2011
              2650 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

I don't think you need a massive amount, however I don't want to block my blessings. To win a little something would be nice so you could have options and convenience. Happy lottery playing and good luck!

lele100

Good Luck!!

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2013, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Yes Nod

Yes Nod

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2013, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Guys, seriously...I want to win one. But I don't wanna win some massive windfall. The visualization and meditation on such astronomical fortune scares me because too much wealth corrupts our souls.

Stick to playing pick 3..............What?

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2013, 10:17 am - IP Logged

What?

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                      Marquette, MI
                      United States
                      Member #20541
                      August 20, 2005
                      705 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2013, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Everyone has their own situation that is why there are so many different games.

A 25 year old most likely could use a bigger jackpot than a 75 year old but, again, that depends on the individual
                      situation.  Don't limit your imagination.

Lack of imagination corrupts the soul more than money.

Look at those Billionaires who spend money on  electric car companies and private space companies and asteroid mining companies and all the other things they are spending it on!

So ya, lack of imagination corrupts the soul more than money.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Stick to playing pick 3..............What?

Why not? A thousand hits on a $1 straight in NH, will net you $500,000   Dance

Denmother1's avatar - batman38
                          Suffolk, VA
                          United States
                          Member #106648
                          February 22, 2011
                          781 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2013, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Simple solution to your "dilemma".....  If you don't want to win big money; don't play the big money games.  Hit With Stick

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing that a tomato does not go in a fruit salad."  Hat

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: February 25, 2013, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Simple solution to your "dilemma".....  If you don't want to win big money; don't play the big money games.  Hit With Stick

There's a church bingo hall in my neighborhood, that pays out $750 on a Tuesday evening.   Banana

You've got to be willing to shell out at least $20, to have a decent chance at that jackpot however.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: February 25, 2013, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I guess it depends on your personal definition of 'that much'... I dont need to win 'that much' - which would be over 300M.  So I agree with you, just with a slight tweek to your basic definitional premise.