Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

South Carolina Education Lottery! What in the world??!!

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by CinCin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #135285
November 21, 2012
584 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2013, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello...So i've been playing this lottery for many years off and on, until September/October of 2012 when I began playing it religiously...

In the past 7 years that I'd been playing, this particular lottery has averaged around 12 jackpot winners a year...Not alot, when you consider it is played 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year., but for some reason I've felt committed to sticking with this lottery, hoping one day, it will be my turn.

Okay, here's the strange turn of events...In the past, there might be one winner a month, sometimes a couple of months would go by without a single winner...Well, this month, February 2013, there's already been about 7 winners! I'm scratching my head here..I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...One lady that won has admitted to winning this same lottery 3 times in the past 7 years. They were quick picks. Oh, why can't it be meeeeeeeeeee????? Just ONCE, dangit! lol....anyway, I'd read where SC is getting ready to make some changes by using a private agency...I'm not up to par with what this would mean for lottery players...wondering if this means there might be more winners??? The news is very recent, so i'm sure nothing new has kicked in yet, but I'm just wondering what all these recent winners could be all about...I'm happy these people are winning, but will be happier when it (or if) it ever become MY turn! Thanks for reading my rant....

CinCin

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4788 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Hello...So i've been playing this lottery for many years off and on, until September/October of 2012 when I began playing it religiously...

In the past 7 years that I'd been playing, this particular lottery has averaged around 12 jackpot winners a year...Not alot, when you consider it is played 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year., but for some reason I've felt committed to sticking with this lottery, hoping one day, it will be my turn.

Okay, here's the strange turn of events...In the past, there might be one winner a month, sometimes a couple of months would go by without a single winner...Well, this month, February 2013, there's already been about 7 winners! I'm scratching my head here..I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...One lady that won has admitted to winning this same lottery 3 times in the past 7 years. They were quick picks. Oh, why can't it be meeeeeeeeeee????? Just ONCE, dangit! lol....anyway, I'd read where SC is getting ready to make some changes by using a private agency...I'm not up to par with what this would mean for lottery players...wondering if this means there might be more winners??? The news is very recent, so i'm sure nothing new has kicked in yet, but I'm just wondering what all these recent winners could be all about...I'm happy these people are winning, but will be happier when it (or if) it ever become MY turn! Thanks for reading my rant....

CinCin

I think it means a big win is coming, like a PB or MM or another NC win. The people are winning the top prize?  In the 10 weeks prior to that guy winning with a ticket from the Richmond VA airpot, Va had 9 2nd place winners right after another. I knew a big win was coming to VA.

J'aime La France.

Columbia, SC
      United States
      Member #135285
      November 21, 2012
      584 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

The big win in this particular lotto is the jackpot prize...The winners I mentioned have all won the jackpot prizes...

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2013, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Oh..do you mean it might mean a big win in ANOTHER lottery might be getting ready to hit SC? not the lottery I'm speaking of???

Oh my Artist...That dream you had really MIGHT BE ME!! YeeeehaaaaW

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19794 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2013, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

i give ya 5 stars case you don't win your still a winner here HyperGood LUCKLep

MemberRating
          helpmewin5 stars

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4788 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2013, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

MemberRating
            helpmewin5 stars

awwwww helpmewin is so nice.

J'aime La France.

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4788 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Oh..do you mean it might mean a big win in ANOTHER lottery might be getting ready to hit SC? not the lottery I'm speaking of???

Oh my Artist...That dream you had really MIGHT BE ME!! YeeeehaaaaW

yea if they  keep winning the top prize (and that # is highly unusual), I think something bigger is due. It was so obvious in VA with all the consecutive 2nd place PB winners  (You will normally see very few VA winners with 2nd place PB wins), that a PB JP winner was due/trying to hit. Hard to say which big lottery is due for a hit or your situation. I would get both a MM and PB ticket also until the trend is definitely over.

J'aime La France.

u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19794 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

awwwww helpmewin is so nice.

Thanks

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19794 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

yea if they  keep winning the top prize (and that # is highly unusual), I think something bigger is due. It was so obvious in VA with all the consecutive 2nd place PB winners  (You will normally see very few VA winners with 2nd place PB wins), that a PB JP winner was due/trying to hit. Hard to say which big lottery is due for a hit or your situation. I would get both a MM and PB ticket also until the trend is definitely over.

WTG she just left ran out to get them tickets i suppose a dollar & a dream Thumbs Up

Let it Snow Snowman

HIMSELF's avatar - darksword

United States
                    Member #368
                    May 25, 2002
                    77 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2013, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

can you tell me where you found 7 winners in the  month of february 2013

can not seem to find same..      thanks

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4788 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2013, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

WTG she just left ran out to get them tickets i suppose a dollar & a dream Thumbs Up

lol lol  I was serious.

J'aime La France.

u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19794 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2013, 2:23 am - IP Logged

lol lol  I was serious.

Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2013, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Have Faith CinCin, your time will come. You will be blessed with the right jackpotThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                            Athens
                            Greece
                            Member #133234
                            September 24, 2012
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2013, 7:00 am - IP Logged

Have Faith CinCin, your time will come. You will be blessed with the right jackpotThumbs Up

>_Have Faith CinCin, your time will come. You will be blessed with the right jackpotThumbs Up

I couldn't agree more with that "positive approach". Have faith, believe and be positive. Your time will come!

6/49 dis(assembly)

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2013, 7:14 am - IP Logged

MemberRating
                              helpmewin5 stars

AWWWWW.....THanks HELPMEWIN!!!!!

You're such a sweetie!