Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you take your kids out of school??

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19964 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

OMG ! I'm wondering if this is the same episode I saw...This family won millions of dollars and instead of building or buying a new house, they decided to build onto their double wide trailer?? Not that there's anything wrong with that! lol...Anyway, if it's the same family, I'm thinking these particular kids were teased BEFORE winning the lottery..All I gotta say is I hope the momma isn't the one home schooing them. If so, they ain't gotta chance...but then again, with that kinda money, it probably doesn't matter.

oh lord, your kidding right, they won millions and live in a trailer did they not realize they can buy a house now.LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2013, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Having gone to private schools and not being from a rich family, that really is untrue. I was evaluated on how hard I worked and my grades and I was never punished. But I worked hard to take advantage of all opportunites and did not make excuses. No one should discount good old fashioned hard work in our society.

Yeah most if not all private school offer scholarships...but what I said was true...did you ever get into trouble with a kid whose family was richer than yours?....They usually dont get into trouble or are severly punished as much as the kids who parents have less is what Im saying....clout or money in that respect..

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
      Member #70550
      February 5, 2009
      120 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I would take them out and put them in private schooling and if that's not to their liking would hire a private tutor and home school instead

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Yeah most if not all private school offer scholarships...but what I said was true...did you ever get into trouble with a kid whose family was richer than yours?....They usually dont get into trouble or are severly punished as much as the kids who parents have less is what Im saying....clout or money in that respect..

I went to a private school and I don't recall anything of the sort.

But then Mumsy would never let me mingle with the trash.

It was such fun when my chauffeur would go into a rage if they came near the limo when he was picking me up after school.

But we were all treated the same at school whether we were pedigreed or trash.

And it's not like I've never been through trying times, no, not by a long shot.

I could tell you tales that would curl your hair.

Like the time the staff neglected to pack the Grey Poupon in my lunch basket. Have you ever tried eating a Kobe Beef Fillet on a freshly baked French Baguette without Grey Poupon? No, I didn't think so! I was tempted to tell Mother that I was required to eat that ghastly creation of macaroni noodles and some kind of cheese sauce that the rustics eat so she would fire the whole incompetent staff, but I relented.

So don't assume that I haven't been through hard times or that I've lived a life of privilege because I attended private school.

No, far from it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2013, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Some financial advisers tell jackpot winners and others who fall into large sums of money to buy a K & R insurance policy- Kidnap & Ransom.

Considering that, taking kids out of public school might be a good idea.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.