Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does praying works to win the lottery?

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 4 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #122950
February 10, 2012
85 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2013, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Does anyone else pray for material things and their prayer answered. Not that desperate but wondering if it ever works for anyone.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2013, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Gambling joke:

The difference between praying in church and praying at the racetrack?

At the reactrack you really mean it!

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2013, 3:18 am - IP Logged

People have prayed for thousands of years. Heck, people have done the rain dance to make it rain and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does prayer work? Those that believe in such things think it does. I think prayer is just a way to get in contact with your inner being and the universe. If you are an amputee, you can pray till the cows come home for your limb(s) to grow back and it wouldn't happen. You can ask whichever God you believe in and it will never happen. So does prayer work? It depends what you're asking. Back to the original question: Does prayer work in the lottery? Who knows but I guess it can't hurt to try.

Play to win!

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        rekjavik
        Iceland
        Member #99537
        October 27, 2010
        177 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Gambling joke:

The difference between praying in church and praying at the racetrack?

At the reactrack you really mean it!

Scared

ROFL

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2013, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Does anyone else pray for material things and their prayer answered. Not that desperate but wondering if it ever works for anyone.

I pray everyday and give thanks everyday .......I do pray for the lottery and the best thing i can tell you is that God answers prayers and He may not give you what you ask for ....but He always gives you what you need......I would love to win the lottery and I ask for it everyday....but I have recieved many many blessings that I needed more and didnt even ask for....that's why I thank Him for all the blessing I recieved in the past and all the blessing i will recieve in the future....Be thankful for what you have.....Believe in prayer.......

United States
            Member #123632
            February 25, 2012
            156 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:32 am - IP Logged

I pray everyday and give thanks everyday .......I do pray for the lottery and the best thing i can tell you is that God answers prayers and He may not give you what you ask for ....but He always gives you what you need......I would love to win the lottery and I ask for it everyday....but I have recieved many many blessings that I needed more and didnt even ask for....that's why I thank Him for all the blessing I recieved in the past and all the blessing i will recieve in the future....Be thankful for what you have.....Believe in prayer.......

The only way to possibly get God to answer your prayer to pick the jackpot winning numbers would be to say a prayer like this...

God you know there is no way that I could possibly pick the numbers with so many combination. Its nearly impossible for me to do that. So God if you want me to pick the winning numbers because you have some unknown purpose for me to have that much money you would have to have them pop into my head and I will listen and be a vessel and write them down and play whatever you say without question. Otherwise God there is no way I could possibly pick them out of thin air.

And then say Thank you Lord and go play.

And let it be at that.

If you win it was God's will for you to win!

And if you do win count it as a miracle because thats about what it is to pick all the winning numbers correct.

And if not then you're back to the ol 9 to 5 grind.

Are you able to accept that?

You cant cheat fate! You cant make God give you the numbers but you can humble yourself and ask.

If you win it was written in your destiny.

God does know the next winning numbers in every lottery in the world yet it doesnt mean hes going to give them to you. But maybe?

Its not about how good you think you are or how bad. Each day comes with its own instructions.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:46 am - IP Logged

People have prayed for thousands of years. Heck, people have done the rain dance to make it rain and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does prayer work? Those that believe in such things think it does. I think prayer is just a way to get in contact with your inner being and the universe. If you are an amputee, you can pray till the cows come home for your limb(s) to grow back and it wouldn't happen. You can ask whichever God you believe in and it will never happen. So does prayer work? It depends what you're asking. Back to the original question: Does prayer work in the lottery? Who knows but I guess it can't hurt to try.

Perhaps the creation of prosthetics can be attributed to someone who prayed?

United States
                Member #123632
                February 25, 2012
                156 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:48 am - IP Logged

yes!

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

yes!

Thumbs Up

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                    Kunming
                    China
                    Member #57910
                    January 23, 2008
                    3626 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Not really. It's because God couldn't regrow limbs so we had to do something and invented prosthetics. How about that? Prayer is an outlet for us. It gives people something to hope and believe in. Not that I'm against it. It is what it is.

Play to win!

United States
                      Member #123632
                      February 25, 2012
                      156 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Not really. It's because God couldn't regrow limbs so we had to do something and invented prosthetics. How about that? Prayer is an outlet for us. It gives people something to hope and believe in. Not that I'm against it. It is what it is.

So a bit like what the lottery is for some you're saying? Wink each to their own as they say.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

James 4 NIV

You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

If that's the way you want to choose to see things....... Go for it. You are what you are.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2013, 10:52 am - IP Logged

If that's the way you want to choose to see things....... Go for it. You are what you are.

Yeah Im with Ronnie on that one......God can do anything......anything.....if he wanted your limbs that were blown off or what ever to regrow....they would...Miracles happen every day.....It is all His will

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Yeah Im with Ronnie on that one......God can do anything......anything.....if he wanted your limbs that were blown off or what ever to regrow....they would...Miracles happen every day.....It is all His will

I Agree! LOL. I just got an incoming call from a 666 area code. Im NOT kidding. LOL. I didnt answer it. lol.