$183 MILLION: Huge Powerball lottery jackpot set for Wednesday

Mar 10, 2013, 8:47 am (178 comments)

Powerball

By Todd Northrop

There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday night drawing of the multi-state Powerball lottery game, causing the grand prize to increase to an estimated $183 million for Wednesday's drawing.

Saturday was the 9th consecutive Powerball drawing without a jackpot winner.  The jackpot run started February 9 as a $40 million jackpot.

The estimated cash value for the new jackpot is $112.5 million. After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state on the Jackpot Analysis page at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

Although there were no jackpot winners Saturday, 3 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, and 1 from South Carolina.

Of all the second-prize winners, only the ticket from South Carolina was purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1. Because they purchased the Power Play, that particular ticket is now worth $2 million.

29 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000. Of those tickets, 6 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, March 9, were 10, 37, 40, 46, and 52, with Powerball number 12.

Following the Saturday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate was raised $33 million from its previous amount of $150 million. The cash value was raised by $17.3 million, from its previous amount of $95.2 million.

The next Powerball drawing will take place Wednesday evening at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 pm Eastern Time. Tickets cost $2 each.

On April 8, California will join the Powerball game, becoming the 43rd state to play the game.  After California joins the game, Powerball will be available for purchase in every U.S. state that operates a lottery.

The Powerball winning numbers are published at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) minutes after the drawing takes place.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

I am ready for this!  May the winning ticket win!!

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$183 million sounds good to me.....Banana

sully16's avatarsully16

Good luck everyone.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

With PB tickets being $2 per line, I've been making trial runs at picking some lines.  I just wish I had played and posted my picks as predictions last night.  Now I'm ready to start picking PB numbers to play for real.  Good luck everyone.

Piaceri

Love the excitement of the bigger jackpots!

Good luck to everyone! 

White Bounce

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

looks like im sending over  my $2 for a pool  ticket . good luck all.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

And

Here

We

Go ................. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Lep

good luck everyone

Ronnie316

Lurking

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 10, 2013

PB should give a $1 "pool" option on the play slip. Everyone in the pool splits when a pool players wins.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 10, 2013

With PB tickets being $2 per line, I've been making trial runs at picking some lines.  I just wish I had played and posted my picks as predictions last night.  Now I'm ready to start picking PB numbers to play for real.  Good luck everyone.

Would you have won some money RJ?

Good luck to you this week.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Mar 10, 2013

Would you have won some money RJ?

Good luck to you this week.

Yes, at least a $4 -$7 since 12 was one of the 10 bonus numbers I picked to play and 4 of the winning white ball winning numbers were among the 45 I planned to play.  Still not a lot for spending $20 but I might have gotten luckier than usual.

Since my lucky 5of6 win with Classic Lotto, I'm spending lottery winnings to play but it's going fast.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

the only "pool" that I am interested in is the one in the backyard of my new house when I win LOL

good luck Dance

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 10, 2013

the only "pool" that I am interested in is the one in the backyard of my new house when I win LOL

good luck Dance

I Agree! I Like your ideas Party

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 10, 2013

good luck Dance

You got that right..
It is with sadness that we Californians will not be contributing to "this" PB jackpot in either winning or losing until next month.Just a few more weeks before it becomes a reality in the Golden State. Here's hoping the jackpot continues to climb.
Wouldn't it be something if it did and the winner was from California?  What a welcome- what a send-off !!

** Now for a moment of silence...... .Thud

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 10, 2013

You got that right..
It is with sadness that we Californians will not be contributing to "this" PB jackpot in either winning or losing until next month.Just a few more weeks before it becomes a reality in the Golden State. Here's hoping the jackpot continues to climb.
Wouldn't it be something if it did and the winner was from California?  What a welcome- what a send-off !!

OK that sounds amazing Lottery officials if you are here reading this let the JACKPOT raise UNTIL California can join in then let them be the First time BIGGEST WINNERS then we can rejoice over their good fortune! Dance

JoeCanWin

I'm playing my same numbers (1 row) I have since 1997, plus two more rows, brings me to $9 with PowerPlay, unless I also go for a QP.

Good Luck everyone here, please win something :)

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I'll be coming up with ten lines for the pool I'm in along with me and myself, they are the only other guys I would trust to join a pool.

Ronnie316

You got that right..

I think there is a rule that it needs to re-set to $40 million before CA can start playingWhat?

You got that right..

with a bit of luck it will still be jackpoting in a months time. and the pool i mentioned, its me and the guy over in america that buys the ticket.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by JoeCanWin on Mar 10, 2013

I'm playing my same numbers (1 row) I have since 1997, plus two more rows, brings me to $9 with PowerPlay, unless I also go for a QP.

Would you consider sharing your 1997 numbers for others to play?

Ronnie316

$183 MILLION: Huge Powerball lottery jackpot set for Wednesday

2 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
THRIFTY 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars

I will buy a lottery ticket someday.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 10, 2013

OK that sounds amazing Lottery officials if you are here reading this let the JACKPOT raise UNTIL California can join in then let them be the First time BIGGEST WINNERS then we can rejoice over their good fortune! Dance

Thumbs Down

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 10, 2013

2 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
THRIFTY 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars

I will buy a lottery ticket someday.

4 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
THRIFTY 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars
savagegoose 5 stars
helpmewin 5 stars
JoeCanWin

You don't buy lottery tickets?

Ronnie316

I do buy lottery tickets and need more community numbers.

you don't? well you should try it somtime it might be FUN! Big Grin

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by on Apr 26, 2024

In "The valley of the sun" we want a game wide pool option..........

Ronnie316

you don't? well you should try it somtime it might be FUN! Big Grin

Do you have numbers you have played for at least 10 years?

Ronnie316

THE THRIFTY WAY TO WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT WITH A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT AND THREE PLAYING METHODS.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/242114 

THE THRIFTY WAY TO WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT WITH A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT AND THREE PLAYING METHODS.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/242114 

hows that working out?Banana

Ronnie316

hows that working out?Banana

I'm a firm believer in the gospel according to Thrifty. He taught me how to win a jackpot.

I'm a firm believer in the gospel according to Thrifty. He taught me how to win a jackpot.

i will a few QP Yes Nod

Ronnie316

i will a few QP Yes Nod

No regular numbers in play?

No regular numbers in play?

No Nod

Ronnie316

I saw her, and its about time.

I saw her, and its about time.

Dance

Ronnie316

Sage wisdom that ONLY THRIFTY  can provide.........

You should ask her out before you buy the drink.LOL

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/254633/2842848

Ronnie316

I Agree!

Ronnie316

Dance

Your deleting posts faster than I can read them...... Sad

Ronnie316

5 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
THRIFTY 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars
savagegoose 5 stars
helpmewin 5 stars
Piaceri 5 stars
LottoPerro

Ching ching.  Somebody's gonna hit it big Wednesday.

Ronnie316

Numbers that have been played for more than 10 years have the power of positive energy flow.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by LottoPerro on Mar 10, 2013

Ching ching.  Somebody's gonna hit it big Wednesday.

Have you found a way to play?

Ronnie316

I want JoeCanWin, to share his numbers in the forum.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Cheers

I hope it sets a new record 

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Mar 10, 2013

Cheers

I Agree!Cheers

Ronnie316

Oh stop with the frivolity.Stop

Ronnie316

Im trying to win a jackpot here and Im going to get my tickets NOW.

Im trying to win a jackpot here and Im going to get my tickets NOW.

Good Luck Lep

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Cheers

I don't care about it setting a new record, I'm going to try and win it this Wednesday. Banana

Oh stop with the frivolity.Stop

I Agree!      Yes Nod

I don't care about it setting a new record, I'm going to try and win it this Wednesday. Banana

Don't you want to wait to give California a fair chance

Ronnie316

Good Luck Lep

I am going to set a new record, a record   amount goose wins on the lotto. it will be  a long long time standing.

Ronnie316

I am going to set a new record, a record   amount goose wins on the lotto. it will be  a long long time standing.

I'm hoping multiple LP members will win at the same time playing community numbers.

we can both acheive our dreams,  where are these community numbers? maybe ill see about  playing them also.  i recall we plan to win 2nd prize right?

noise-gate

Ronnie- did you purchase the same tickets twice?
I don't get the method to your madness.

Ronnie316

Ronnie- did you purchase the same tickets twice?
I don't get the method to your madness.

lol.Green laugh Same numbers TWO different games...... MM and PB.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

You can be pretty sure not everyone here would be rejoicing over a California win - but it would be hilarious to see the outrage if it rolls over until California comes in and then it's won in California.

Scared

Some people would be 'p.o.'d de luxe'.

Bang Head                 Green laugh

Ronnie316

I'm hoping multiple LP members will win at the same time playing community numbers.

I posted a photo of the tickets above. I'm happy with 2nd prize, but the jackpot is BETTER.

Ronnie316

we can both acheive our dreams,  where are these community numbers? maybe ill see about  playing them also.  i recall we plan to win 2nd prize right?

I posted a photo of the tickets above. I'm happy with 2nd prize, but the jackpot is  BETTER.

Ronnie316

Cheers

Cheers

Ronnie316

Good Luck Lep

Drum

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Mar 10, 2013

You can be pretty sure not everyone here would be rejoicing over a California win - but it would be hilarious to see the outrage if it rolls over until California comes in and then it's won in California.

Scared

Some people would be 'p.o.'d de luxe'.

Bang Head                 Green laugh

wouldn't that be ironic Blue Angel

Ronnie316

Have a good night everyone. Sleep

mightwin's avatarmightwin

It will be taken down  before california joins since that's about a month away, but I am hoping it rolls a few more times.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

I tell everyone that my career goal is to be a lottery jackpot winner. Even though I put my resume in 4 times a week and haven't heard anything back yet, my current job is only temporary!

hotslot3

I will be getting my tickets tomorrow after work.   Will probably get me about $40 worth of quick picks.  I know the odds are low but the odds are the same for everyone and somebody will eventually win it. If I win the jackpot (about $70 million after the IRS steals its share of the winnings) I will give $10 million to various charities, leaving me with about $60 million. I will put $50 million in tax free bonds/munis. The other $10 million I will buy anything and everything I've always wanted and things I didn't even know I did want. Off the top of my head I would want to own a couple foreign exotic sports cars...vacations, buy a luxury apartment in New York in the upper east side (I have to schmooze with those in my rarified new wealth status now) and buy a home in the hamptons to "summer"  I will probably abandon flying commercial with the regular hoi polloi and start flying private. I'm sure being rich would be great, for a while but then it would get routine and lose it's excitement. I would probably end up giving away most of the money and then live on about a couple million.

Whoever wins, enjoy it!  Hyper

LottoPerro

Have you found a way to play?

Sure have.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

I'll be coming up with ten lines for the pool I'm in along with me and myself, they are the only other guys I would trust to join a pool.

U must B in it 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>GREED>>>>>>>>>$$$$

Think about D >4U>>>>>>>>4UR>>GREED>>$$$$$$$$$$$

LP>>>>>>>>>>>>>4U>>>>>>>>4LP>>MEMBER'$$$$$$$$$$$

CONCLUSION:

LP>>>>>4U>>4>ME>>>4LP>MEMBER'$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-BoxDanceDrumJack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxDrumDanceJack-in-the-Box

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Approx. 7 more rollovers for something like that to happen- jackpot would be crazy high (1 billion?).  But if Cali hit it, what a way to do it... have all the other states fill the pot and then somebody or some "group" in Cali says "thank you very much"- ouchBang Head

Would be interesting and I suppose anything is possible...

Illinois is due for a hit!

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by Romancandle on Mar 10, 2013

Approx. 7 more rollovers for something like that to happen- jackpot would be crazy high (1 billion?).  But if Cali hit it, what a way to do it... have all the other states fill the pot and then somebody or some "group" in Cali says "thank you very much"- ouchBang Head

Illinois is due for a hit...AFTER  California. I have it on good authority that California is hoping the other States will jack up the PB jackpot and then Cali will strike. Make it so people.

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

C'mon Powerball! I'm feeling this one.

Rich and Famous  Beverly Hills  Dream House

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 10, 2013

Oh Robin:You said it ol Chap.

California for Powerball. First win in April...with THIS present climbing to historic heights jackpot.

** People who say " it cannot be done" should not interrupt those who are doing it.

George Bernard Shaw.

New York's avatarNew York

I can't wait to win. I already know what to wear to the photoshoot. My yankee hat and a white shirt. I'm gonna bring my girlfriend. Then from there, get a lawyer to help us with advice. Then go to a real estate and buy a nice penthouse on the west side. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

VenomV12

I will be playing my usual $2, because let's face it, your odds don't really change whether you play $2 or $200. In reality you are better off throwing your money at your local 5 digit lottery, the odds of winning that are much higher and more frequent. 

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 10, 2013

Razz

mcginnin56

Yet another opportunity for one of our elite blowhards to prove that they have a good system.   Type

Best of luck to you all, but as always, the QP will trump all.  Lep   Hyper

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 11, 2013

Oh Robin:You said it ol Chap.

California for Powerball. First win in April...with THIS present climbing to historic heights jackpot.

** People who say " it cannot be done" should not interrupt those who are doing it.

George Bernard Shaw.

Yeah Noise, I'm California Dreaming too from the great state of NJ!

I've been to Cali a few times and it is lovely out there but with your new state income tax rates (13.5% - highest in the nation) I would only be a part-time resident if I won Powerball ($183M). 

California Dreaming California mansion

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 11, 2013

Yet another opportunity for one of our elite blowhards to prove that they have a good system.   Type

Best of luck to you all, but as always, the QP will trump all.  Lep   Hyper

I hear ya mcginnin! QP's rule the day and win most of all. 

To all the "systems" players be dam...! LOL

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by New York on Mar 11, 2013

I can't wait to win. I already know what to wear to the photoshoot. My yankee hat and a white shirt. I'm gonna bring my girlfriend. Then from there, get a lawyer to help us with advice. Then go to a real estate and buy a nice penthouse on the west side. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Awesome plan. Lets have a party too.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 11, 2013

I hear ya mcginnin! QP's rule the day and win most of all. 

To all the "systems" players be dam...! LOL

No need for smelly QPs with my all time great "regulars" in play.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 11, 2013

Yeah Noise, I'm California Dreaming too from the great state of NJ!

I've been to Cali a few times and it is lovely out there but with your new state income tax rates (13.5% - highest in the nation) I would only be a part-time resident if I won Powerball ($183M). 

California Dreaming California mansion

I Agree! Its a great place to visit.

LottoPerro

If it rolls, I may go for it.  But I think someone will hit it.

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

Quote: Originally posted by LottoPerro on Mar 11, 2013

If it rolls, I may go for it.  But I think someone will hit it.

i think it will roll

to more then 50% of all number combo's are sold or even close to 40% , i always think it will roll

hell i think avg jackpot  should be 200m range  and not 100m range going by odds if i had to take a guest.      but reality is diff.................

am more shocked when its won over and over with few sells /few number combo's in play  "rolls eyes at mega millions"

also don't fool your selfs in what if about CA

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29    + 06 $587.5 Million
Saturday, November 24, 2012 22 · 32 · 37 · 44 · 50    + 34 $325 Million
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 08 · 18 · 24 · 30 · 39    + 26 $250 Million
Saturday, November 17, 2012 03 · 15 · 27 · 58 · 59    + 20 $214 Million
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 08 · 10 · 30 · 44 · 58    + 13 $185 Million

seeing as we have a 183m jackpot

i think record sitter a decent chart to go by, how fast this thing could possible go form 18x range 

as this chart shows, if it rolls, it gots about 4 more rollovers before its a goner for sure

, let alone 4 weeks "8 draws" before  u guys show up 2 the party

once jackpot into 400 m range,   it skips right past 400m

goes right to 500/600m range  as proven by pb/mm records

there to many tickets on play  i be more in shock if ONLY 1 ticket won as pb/mm in such mega jackpots

the past  2 records have shown so many numbers get played/and replayed when everyone  buying for that draw.

thro i would love a 300m one for 2013, we have not had 1 yet, and i want one!

anyway even if it got 2 500m range,  it be won for sure on next draw, there no way in hell it could ever last to 8th of  next month

sadly u CA people are gonna get a jackpot not more then 150m 

as it takes a month mini to get to 100m to 150m range

and sense u guys join on tickets sells i think u start sellin 8th correct

that be your best hope for a jackpot  that large at all

so enjoy watching this run ca,          there no chance in hell u get our pot, onless u cross the border.

do feel free to drive on up 2 oregon or down to  arizona lottery as they be more then happy to take your money for this PB run.

or get one at your local airport in a other state like a recent PB ticket got sold by. lottery didn't even have to pay a retailer a winning cut, GG

Bubbles48

I do not feel that they should have to pay money that they do not owe. It is typical for a city to once they see someone has money they have to stick their nose in it. I agree with them. I watched the show, The Lottery Changed my life" and the things that they did for the homeless was heartfelt, not to many people would do what they did, and this is ther thanks that they get.

I stand behind them on what they believe and i would do the same thing. Some of the posts that I have read on here that say "You have the money just pay it and move on and so on". Well let's see you put yourself in their shoes and see if you would like to be treated the way they were. I think that you would be standing behind your values just like they are. Look at all those people that they have helped out over the years and for the city to shut them down was so uncareing for the people that called those places home.

You guys stand up and fight and KEEP FIGHTING I am right behind you....

Sincerely 

Free in Ohio

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles48 on Mar 11, 2013

I do not feel that they should have to pay money that they do not owe. It is typical for a city to once they see someone has money they have to stick their nose in it. I agree with them. I watched the show, The Lottery Changed my life" and the things that they did for the homeless was heartfelt, not to many people would do what they did, and this is ther thanks that they get.

I stand behind them on what they believe and i would do the same thing. Some of the posts that I have read on here that say "You have the money just pay it and move on and so on". Well let's see you put yourself in their shoes and see if you would like to be treated the way they were. I think that you would be standing behind your values just like they are. Look at all those people that they have helped out over the years and for the city to shut them down was so uncareing for the people that called those places home.

Sincerely 

Free in Ohio

As long as I'm not directly in front of you, I wholeheartedly agree.  Thumbs Up

Welcome to the LP Bubbles48...Thumbs Up

Welcome  Bubbles48 Smiley

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles48 on Mar 11, 2013

Sincerely 

Free in Ohio

Welcome to Lottery Post, Bubbles, best of luck to you.

I have no idea what your post is about though.

Are you a drinking man by any chance?

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 11, 2013

looks as if their from Ohio Big Grin

As long as I'm not directly in front of you, I wholeheartedly agree.  Thumbs Up

What?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 11, 2013

What?

Are you behind or ahead of me.  What?

Are you behind or ahead of me.  What?

BESIDE YOU! DanceDance

mcginnin56

BESIDE YOU! DanceDance

As long as you are not on top or bottom of me.  Wink    Dance

As long as you are not on top or bottom of me.  Wink    Dance

mcginnin56

Drum   And the beat goes on........  (Sonny & Cher). I know don't tell me,...... you never heard of Cher.  LOL

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I will gladly take this jackpot off of everyone's hands this thursday morning at 8:00 a.m. in salem oregon at lottery headquarters.  Oregon needs its fourth jackpot so come on oregon.-weshar75

US Flag

noise-gate

Was not Sonny the one who collided with a tree on the ski slopes at Lake Tahoe that led to his death? Since you brought up his name, win this one for Sonny.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 11, 2013

I Agree! What?

zirabamuzaale

I think $183 million may appear to be chicken feed after witnessing the biggest Powerball lotto late last year, however as I am naturally a selfish person, I wouldn't decline a $183 million win. It is heartening to learn that California is joining the Powerball. In light of California's very strong economy and populace, maybe we could get a billion dollar lotto Jackpot one day. Megamillions almost did it last March but fell short by some $300 million odd dollars.

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 12, 2013

Was not Sonny the one who collided with a tree on the ski slopes at Lake Tahoe that led to his death? Since you brought up his name, win this one for Sonny.

i don't know what your even talking aboutWhat? do you guys just come on here at night and start randomly talking about anythingLOL but if i was going to die anywhere by Lake Tahoe would be fineThumbs UpThanks

I Think mcginnin56 was dreaming talking about Cher Green laugh

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 12, 2013

i don't know what your even talking aboutWhat? do you guys just come on here at night and start randomly talking about anythingLOL but if i was going to die anywhere by Lake Tahoe would be fineThumbs UpThanks

It's day AND night.24/7.It seems like the nonsense from these two never ends.I think they are in a race to see who can rack up the most posts in the shortest amount of time.

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Mar 12, 2013

It's day AND night.24/7.It seems like the nonsense from these two never ends.I think they are in a race to see who can rack up the most posts in the shortest amount of time.

that I'd believe....

Especially from Ronnie and Mcginnin 

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Mar 12, 2013

that I'd believe....

I Agree!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Mar 12, 2013

that I'd believe....

Why thank you hearse, I can't speak for the great Ronnie316, but it's refreshing to know that we are held in such high esteem. Cheers

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 12, 2013

I Agree!

Cheers

noise-gate

Cletus-What are you on about "  these two"- l made a statement about " Sonny " of " Sonny & Cher" because the name came up.l recall him having a fatal accident at Lake Tahoe years back. You are mistaken my young apprentice with your " rack up points statement"..
Now back to the lottery. Somebody,Just win.Party

mcginnin56

Cletus-What are you on about "  these two"- l made a statement about " Sonny " of " Sonny & Cher" because the name came up.l recall him having a fatal accident at Lake Tahoe years back. You are mistaken my young apprentice with your " rack up points statement"..

According to some sources, Sonny was checking his pick 3 numbers from the previous evenings drawing, just before he hit that tree.   Dead

Either that, or he was filling in his bet slips while texting to Cher.  Type

CLETU$

I was NOT referring to you or your posts.

easygoing123go

I got my $ 20.00 worth, 5 I pick, and 5 auto pick, send me the money...

Quote: Originally posted by easygoing123go on Mar 12, 2013

I got my $ 20.00 worth, 5 I pick, and 5 auto pick, send me the money...

Good Luck Lep

Brcebrce

You sure it's a good idea to put so much in government funds? Tight budgets plus easy answers mean it could be taken. It it was me, I would put enough in to cover taxes from other investments.

BBLL's avatarBBLL

Quote: Originally posted by Romancandle on Mar 10, 2013

If the Powerball rolls to 1 billion how much would the pay out be in you takes cash option?

RedStang's avatarRedStang

I was NOT referring to you or your posts.

Any chance your a Sheriff from Hazzard county.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 13, 2013

Yes Nod

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 13, 2013

LOL

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Hey Ronnie316!! Will it be ok with you, if I play these numbers, they look like good numbers to play!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rock_nc on Mar 13, 2013

Hey Ronnie316!! Will it be ok with you, if I play these numbers, they look like good numbers to play!

Is that even allowed. What?

I'm pretty sure Ronnie owns the rights to these numbers perpetually.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 13, 2013

Is that even allowed. What?

I'm pretty sure Ronnie owns the rights to these numbers perpetually.

Once Ronnie posted his numbers in a public forum they are in the public domain as are all the data posted here.  If anyone has any legal rights as far a copy rights, it's Lottery Post.  I have always assumed when someone post something here it is because they wish to share that information for the benifits of all or anyone who wish to use it.

Perhaps this should be a warning to those folks who feel they have the next winning combination to keep it to themselves if they don't wish to share the prize.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 13, 2013

Once Ronnie posted his numbers in a public forum they are in the public domain as are all the data posted here.  If anyone has any legal rights as far a copy rights, it's Lottery Post.  I have always assumed when someone post something here it is because they wish to share that information for the benifits of all or anyone who wish to use it.

Perhaps this should be a warning to those folks who feel they have the next winning combination to keep it to themselves if they don't wish to share the prize.

Was meant to be an innocent satire, nobody has the rights to any set of numbers.

Except the secret fail safe numbers, which detonate a hydrogen bomb over countries such as North Korea or Iran. Surrender

Ronnie316

Was meant to be an innocent satire, nobody has the rights to any set of numbers.

Except the secret fail safe numbers, which detonate a hydrogen bomb over countries such as North Korea or Iran. Surrender

Nice work on the innocent satire mcginnin56 , you relly keep us on our toes around here. Yes Nod

Ronnie316

I Agree! The reason I share my played numbers is because I do think they will win, and I also want others to play them so as to share in the excitement and joy of winning a jackpot. The more people who play the "community numbers" the more Positive Energy Flow.........

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by rock_nc on Mar 13, 2013

Play away my friend...... You have just entered, the LP pool zone.

im only playing 1 line, so i took a quick pick. if you posted 1 line, i might have played that instead.  as there was 5, wht line to play, chances are if one of the 5 won it wwould one of the other 4, no good to me.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 13, 2013

im only playing 1 line, so i took a quick pick. if you posted 1 line, i might have played that instead.  as there was 5, wht line to play, chances are if one of the 5 won it wwould one of the other 4, no good to me.

I usually post the ten lines my free membership allows on the prediction board with the best line first.  However the best win I've ever had was in the last line when I matched 5of6 last month.  Consequently when I play the lines I post I don't have any money left to play anyone else's lines.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

There's a lot of innocent satire being mistaken for good information by newbies coming to LP to learn about lotteries, perhaps the BSemoticon should be used in the post to warn them. Thumbs Up

oh you mean 1234 for the 1st guy, and 5678 for the 2nd guy?  sure ill keep em quiet.Patriot

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 13, 2013

I Agree! The reason I share my played numbers is because I do think they will win, and I also want others to play them so as to share in the excitement and joy of winning a jackpot. The more people who play the "community numbers" the more Positive Energy Flow.........

Thumbs Up that's very nice of you Ronnie, thanks for sharing your #'s.

mcginnin56

There's a lot of innocent satire being mistaken for good information by newbies coming to LP to learn about lotteries, perhaps the BSemoticon should be used in the post to warn them. Thumbs Up

I Agree!  Humor is always best received with an ample supply of fore-warnings and disclaimers.

Just glad you didn't fall for the gentle satire RJ.  Wink

To all the thousands of newbies out there, please accept my sincerest apologies for having offended your sense of dignity.  Sad

mcginnin56

Nice work on the innocent satire mcginnin56 , you relly keep us on our toes around here. Yes Nod

Thank you my high ranking friend, I just try to fill a need where I sense a vacuum.

Your body of work on this site, continues to educate, inform, entertain and enlighten us all.   Patriot

your so giving White Bounce

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 13, 2013

your so giving White Bounce

Blue Angel

Ronnie316

I Agree!  Humor is always best received with an ample supply of fore-warnings and disclaimers.

Just glad you didn't fall for the gentle satire RJ.  Wink

To all the thousands of newbies out there, please accept my sincerest apologies for having offended your sense of dignity.  Sad

Perhaps the public would be best served by making you avatar the bs symbol What?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 13, 2013

They are all god lines to me......

By correctly choosing the bonus number the jackpot odds drop from 1 in 175 million to 1 in 3.9 million.

mcginnin56

Perhaps the public would be best served by making you avatar the bs symbol What?

As one of the highest ranking, and most respected members on this site, I have no choice but to yield to your every request.   Cheers

I would now like to affectionately dub you the "Junior Bottle Washer".  Patriot    Lovies

Ronnie316

As one of the highest ranking, and most respected members on this site, I have no choice but to yield to your every request.   Cheers

I would now like to affectionately dub you the "Junior Bottle Washer".  Patriot    Lovies

Whoever is first to win the PB jackpot receives honorary elite status and a lifetime supply of clean bottles.

mcginnin56

Whoever is first to win the PB jackpot receives honorary elite status and a lifetime supply of clean bottles.

I'll just settle for just the jackpot; you can have my honorary elite status and the clean bottles.  Cheers

Ronnie316

I'll just settle for just the jackpot; you can have my honorary elite status and the clean bottles.  Cheers

All right then.....Cheers

jjtheprince

Powerball is the only musl game to play!  Mega millions is a joke, it's way too easy to win, so it never gets over $100 million.

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

Quote: Originally posted by jjtheprince on Mar 13, 2013

Powerball is the only musl game to play!  Mega millions is a joke, it's way too easy to win, so it never gets over $100 million.

how my times have you won a mega millions jackpot?

Ronnie316

I'm sure at least a half a dozen times?

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

I wouldn't go as far to say it's easy to win... but it hasn't broke $100 Million since early September 2012... that's BS6 months- c'mon mannn...

Nearly a year ago it was at 656 Million- seems like a lifetime has passed since than!

Artist77's avatarArtist77

lol You cannot claim a copyright in a lottery number (can't 99.9% ofthe  time for a number).  Now if you had a business called "100 moving guys" you could possibly trademark it if it was not in use and also something connected with an item like a 737.  A copyright is an "original work of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression."

Now we do have a tangible medium of expression with LP since I assume things are backed up on some sort of a system, but it ends there. And ideas are not protected by any law. However , if you publicly post some multistep system for winning the lottery, you are out of luck if people use it to win. Now they could not write a book on your system in most cases since copyright attaches at the moment of creation but you would have to show you are the original creator.  And if it was so novel that it required a patent (a process/for a utility patent), publishing in a public forum negates your rights and someone else would likely beat you to the patent office.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Ooh, come my way, pick my ticket to win the jackpot tonight, lovely Powerball jackpot! See Ya!LoviesDisney

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

it rolled to 216

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29    06 $587.5 Million
Saturday, November 24, 2012 22 · 32 · 37 · 44 · 50    34 $325 Million
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 08 · 18 · 24 · 30 · 39    26 $250 Million
Saturday, November 17, 2012 03 · 15 · 27 · 58 · 59    20 $214 Million
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 08 · 10 · 30 · 44 · 58    13 $185 Million

it was 183. so its following <snip> near footsteps of last jackpot

no doubt thx to MM being so <snip> low, everyone spending there money on pb

the fact is where 3 rollovers away form  500m range again due to it being 216 now

, or gasp 600 

i doubt we get that lucky

but  it be won in 2 weeks

the real ? will be will 1 lucky player win all this money, or 2  tickets

or 1 ticket but group etc

this will be a intresting jackpot to follow in news

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Mar 14, 2013

it rolled to 216

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29    06 $587.5 Million
Saturday, November 24, 2012 22 · 32 · 37 · 44 · 50    34 $325 Million
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 08 · 18 · 24 · 30 · 39    26 $250 Million
Saturday, November 17, 2012 03 · 15 · 27 · 58 · 59    20 $214 Million
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 08 · 10 · 30 · 44 · 58    13 $185 Million

it was 183. so its following <snip> near footsteps of last jackpot

no doubt thx to MM being so <snip> low, everyone spending there money on pb

the fact is where 3 rollovers away form  500m range again due to it being 216 now

, or gasp 600 

i doubt we get that lucky

but  it be won in 2 weeks

the real ? will be will 1 lucky player win all this money, or 2  tickets

or 1 ticket but group etc

this will be a intresting jackpot to follow in news

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I want to know what was snipped out. Are you a potty mouth?

noise-gate

The Powerball Jackpot is going to climb and climb and climb until someone in California wins it. Its that simple.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.
George Bernard Shaw 

zirabamuzaale

Currently, it has climbed to $216 million!!!

zirabamuzaale

However, you should note that Megamillion still holds the record of having amassed $656 million last year. Yes, I too am frustrated over the "easy" wins in the Mega which currently stands at a paltry $12 million at the moment. But sooner or later it will accumulate a lot of millions. Ironically, Megamillions still holds various monetary records over the Powerball, despite the latter being my more favorable lotto game.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Not everyone want to work as hard for their million$ as you do but now that MM has reset to $12M they'll have to if they want to win over $200M.

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 14, 2013

The Powerball Jackpot is going to climb and climb and climb until someone in California wins it. Its that simple.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.
George Bernard Shaw 

California isn't getting Powerball until April 8th. That is 8 draws from now. The jackpot is going to reset before California has a chance.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 14, 2013

California isn't getting Powerball until April 8th. That is 8 draws from now. The jackpot is going to reset before California has a chance.

Says You.

" If you only knew the Power of the Powerball"

Says You.

if no one wins Powerball in the next 7 draws, the Powerball jackpot will be well over $2 billion.

jjtheprince

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 13, 2013

how my times have you won a mega millions jackpot?

How about you ask a mega millions winner how easy it was to win?  I'm sure they'll tell you they laughed all the way to the bank.

jjtheprince

I want to go down in history as being the first powerball or mm winner that had a HARD time winning.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 14, 2013

I Agree!

Ronnie316

Says You.

We do know the power of PB. Once it gets to $500 million they will sell over 50% of the pool and have multiple winners as happened last time.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Hey!! Thanks Ronnie for letting me  use your numbers. I did play them on Tuesday, no wins though!! I used them again on Powerball last night, no wins on it either. But will be playing them again on Friday and Saturday nights. Like Richard Lustig says"#1 pick your own numbers, instead of having the machine do it for you.#2 Reseach and see if your numbers have won before. #3 Select your 10 sets of numbers and keep those if you continue buying tickets.#4 buy as many tickets as you can afford. Richard Lustig has won the lottery 7 times! You can do a search on him, interesting read about him!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by rock_nc on Mar 14, 2013

Hey!! Thanks Ronnie for letting me  use your numbers. I did play them on Tuesday, no wins though!! I used them again on Powerball last night, no wins on it either. But will be playing them again on Friday and Saturday nights. Like Richard Lustig says"#1 pick your own numbers, instead of having the machine do it for you.#2 Reseach and see if your numbers have won before. #3 Select your 10 sets of numbers and keep those if you continue buying tickets.#4 buy as many tickets as you can afford. Richard Lustig has won the lottery 7 times! You can do a search on him, interesting read about him!

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like we are on the right track. I have heard about Richard and will read more.

Ronnie316

I just saw Richard on a Good Morning America You Tube Video. Fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjftNVW4Q5k

noise-gate

Thats why Richie wrote a book on his so called winning " formula"- hoping some suckers can purchase it. He was on Youtube where asked the winner " l hope you did not use QP's"..and she said she had and won over $80 mil.He comes real close to being a snake oil salesman.

Ronnie316

Thats why Richie wrote a book on his so called winning " formula"- hoping some suckers can purchase it. He was on Youtube where asked the winner " l hope you did not use QP's"..and she said she had and won over $80 mil.He comes real close to being a snake oil salesman.

I don't always use oil, but when I do I prefer snake oil.

Ronnie316

I like that strategy for my "non-snake" oil QPs.

Ronnie316

I need a few more slippery, slimy "regular" numbers if anyone wants to contribute.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Hey!! Ronnie, just checked the numbers that started with the 11-16-33-40-41+8. the numbers won 5 numbers correct on 2-2-2013, the powerball number was 34. trying to find out where it was won at, not NC powerball. Must be another state with 5 numbers right!

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 14, 2013

I need a few more slippery, slimy "regular" numbers if anyone wants to contribute.

maybe psykomo will give you numbersBig Grin

Ronnie316

Hey!! Ronnie, just checked the numbers that started with the 11-16-33-40-41+8. the numbers won 5 numbers correct on 2-2-2013, the powerball number was 34. trying to find out where it was won at, not NC powerball. Must be another state with 5 numbers right!

I got that set from a news story here on LP. Im looking for the story of a pool who split the money.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 14, 2013

maybe psykomo will give you numbersBig Grin

Only properly aged numbers please.

Ronnie316

I found the ornery dog story. https://www.lotterypost.com/news/257001

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

one winner from Idaho, one winner Massachusetts, two from New York, one from Pennsylvania, one from Texas with powerplay, one from Washington all had 5 numbers correct.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

one winner from Idaho, one winner Massachusetts, two from New York, one from Pennsylvania, one from Texas with powerplay, one from Washington all had 5 numbers correct.

Yea, I remember that story with his dog!

Ronnie316

I needed to fill a 5th line, so that's where I got the numbers.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Mar 13, 2013

lol You cannot claim a copyright in a lottery number (can't 99.9% ofthe  time for a number).  Now if you had a business called "100 moving guys" you could possibly trademark it if it was not in use and also something connected with an item like a 737.  A copyright is an "original work of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression."

Now we do have a tangible medium of expression with LP since I assume things are backed up on some sort of a system, but it ends there. And ideas are not protected by any law. However , if you publicly post some multistep system for winning the lottery, you are out of luck if people use it to win. Now they could not write a book on your system in most cases since copyright attaches at the moment of creation but you would have to show you are the original creator.  And if it was so novel that it required a patent (a process/for a utility patent), publishing in a public forum negates your rights and someone else would likely beat you to the patent office.

"And ideas are not protected by any law."

Almost right. There is no copyright protection for information.

"Now they could not write a book on your system in most cases since copyright attaches at the moment of creation but you would have to show you are the original creator. "

Since there's no copyright protection for information anybody is free to repackage your information and market it as they choose. The only thing they can't do is use the aspects that are protected by copyright, which would be formatting and  the specific choice of words.

"And if it was so novel that it required a patent (a process/for a utility patent), publishing in a public forum negates your rights and someone else would likely beat you to the patent office."

Since patents are granted for inventions (including  some processes), publishing prevents somebody else from claiming a patent since it's impossible to invent something that's already been invented; there would be an exception if they could prove that they invented it themselves before you published. In the US you do not lose your rights as a result of publishing before seeking a patent, but you must file within one year of first publication.

Brcebrce

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Mar 10, 2013

I will be getting my tickets tomorrow after work.   Will probably get me about $40 worth of quick picks.  I know the odds are low but the odds are the same for everyone and somebody will eventually win it. If I win the jackpot (about $70 million after the IRS steals its share of the winnings) I will give $10 million to various charities, leaving me with about $60 million. I will put $50 million in tax free bonds/munis. The other $10 million I will buy anything and everything I've always wanted and things I didn't even know I did want. Off the top of my head I would want to own a couple foreign exotic sports cars...vacations, buy a luxury apartment in New York in the upper east side (I have to schmooze with those in my rarified new wealth status now) and buy a home in the hamptons to "summer"  I will probably abandon flying commercial with the regular hoi polloi and start flying private. I'm sure being rich would be great, for a while but then it would get routine and lose it's excitement. I would probably end up giving away most of the money and then live on about a couple million.

Whoever wins, enjoy it!  Hyper

You're alot more trusting than most. Why not just put enough in the cover taxes from rest of investments?

jamella724

Wow! You can do a lot with $ 183 million. I wonder who could be the lucky winner.                 

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story