Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do pick 3 players even make a profit?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mjwinsmith.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19835 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2013, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

is that him?

Let it Snow Snowman

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
    Member #138729
    February 4, 2013
    2872 Posts
    Posted: March 14, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

is that him?

Yup.

Smile

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Are those for Wisconsin or the other state ?

It's for MI.

bjones$'s avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #139665
        February 28, 2013
        325 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2013, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi, can you post for PA please...haven't hit anything yet.

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #114703
          August 5, 2011
          4623 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2013, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Only Money, any chance you've done texas....thanks and any luck there, it's a difficult state.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2013, 4:22 am - IP Logged

Break Even ? You're already a WINNER ! Hurray!

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2013, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Hi, can you post for PA please...haven't hit anything yet.

Welcome to the LP bjones$.

Have you tried the pick 3 forum for Pennsylvania?

I Love Pink & Green 1908

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40471 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2013, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Most times, I have one favorite, I'll play it straight and boxed, the rest I'll play for 50 cents boxed, I keep my daily picks to under 10 numbers, I have a set limit on how much I spend each week, once thats gone, I am done until the next week.

Sometimes If I think a number is due or I got a good hunch, I 'll wheel it everyday until it comes in, that seems to be my best strategy, My number will usually fall within 6 to 8 draws.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1477
                  May 7, 2003
                  2311 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2013, 2:56 am - IP Logged

If you want to play, make sure you do your homework and get to know your combinations and what is more likely to draw then not.  If you can get 1 digit that is going to play and determine what position it will be in (1st, 2nd, 3rd) you can reduce your 1:1000 Odds down to 1:100 without even eliminating Doubles and Pures.

There are 120 "sets" of 3 different digit numbers and they draw 72% of the time.  Each of those "sets" can be written 6 different ways.  Watch your Repeat digits out of previous draws and anticipate when there will be no repeat.  Keep in mind that most digits will re-draw before they get 5 or more draws out from the last time they drew.

Watch your Sum Totals.   2 Even/1Odd will Sum Total Odd

2 Odd/1 Even will Sm Total Even

All Odd will Sum Odd/ All Even will Sum Even

Doubles appear about 20-25% of the time

In Texas we have had 15 Doubles since the 1st of the year in the Day Draw. This is about 4 times a month.  You have to look at the state you play in to determine how the numbers are falling.

There are Alpha Patterns 000/EEE. EOE.OEO, EEO/OOE, EOO/OEE

3 Denominations:  Singles, Teens, 20's.  Most of the time Sums 11-19 are drawm

You will improve your chances of hitting once you do  your homework and become aware of what is going on.  To do this effectively you have to put a little effort in to get something out.  This means you are going to have to keep some kind of a record of what has happened in order to determine what to play.  It may still be a "guess" but it is an EDUCATED guess.

I am with another on what I spend.  I may have several numbers but I play 50 cents Any Orders on most of them and pick 1 specific set I either play Straight or Boxed.  This keeps your cost down and if you have done your homework you should be able to hit often enough to make it worthwhile.   As you become more confident you can increase what you spend and if you feel really, really good about a combination spend more for a sizable hit and put you in a position to continue on.   If you don't take a chance once in a while you won't win anything.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
                    OHIO
                    United States
                    Member #4164
                    March 27, 2004
                    14586 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2013, 4:01 am - IP Logged

Hello all,

I've yet to buy a ticket for Pick 3, but after doing some tests, I don't see the point. Sure, I'll win on a couple of tickets and make a profit, but then in a weeks time, I'm back to the starting $0. Sure, picking the right numbers is everything, but how much do you typically spend to do so? I see a lot of players with 50+ predictions, but to make a profit you'd have to hit straight on one of those 50 tickets, otherwise you'd just lose money. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to make a profit continuously?

It should be noted that my tests consist of buying 50 cent tickets (Max to win = $83, Min to win =$41). Should I just buy $1 two-way tickets? Do you yourself see more of a continuous profit by buying two-way, straight, or box tickets?

Smile

by taking it slow and easy!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2013, 4:14 am - IP Logged

If you want to play, make sure you do your homework and get to know your combinations and what is more likely to draw then not.  If you can get 1 digit that is going to play and determine what position it will be in (1st, 2nd, 3rd) you can reduce your 1:1000 Odds down to 1:100 without even eliminating Doubles and Pures.

There are 120 "sets" of 3 different digit numbers and they draw 72% of the time.  Each of those "sets" can be written 6 different ways.  Watch your Repeat digits out of previous draws and anticipate when there will be no repeat.  Keep in mind that most digits will re-draw before they get 5 or more draws out from the last time they drew.

Watch your Sum Totals.   2 Even/1Odd will Sum Total Odd

2 Odd/1 Even will Sm Total Even

All Odd will Sum Odd/ All Even will Sum Even

Doubles appear about 20-25% of the time

In Texas we have had 15 Doubles since the 1st of the year in the Day Draw. This is about 4 times a month.  You have to look at the state you play in to determine how the numbers are falling.

There are Alpha Patterns 000/EEE. EOE.OEO, EEO/OOE, EOO/OEE

3 Denominations:  Singles, Teens, 20's.  Most of the time Sums 11-19 are drawm

You will improve your chances of hitting once you do  your homework and become aware of what is going on.  To do this effectively you have to put a little effort in to get something out.  This means you are going to have to keep some kind of a record of what has happened in order to determine what to play.  It may still be a "guess" but it is an EDUCATED guess.

I am with another on what I spend.  I may have several numbers but I play 50 cents Any Orders on most of them and pick 1 specific set I either play Straight or Boxed.  This keeps your cost down and if you have done your homework you should be able to hit often enough to make it worthwhile.   As you become more confident you can increase what you spend and if you feel really, really good about a combination spend more for a sizable hit and put you in a position to continue on.   If you don't take a chance once in a while you won't win anything.

Wonderful post!  Lots of great ideas and suggestions.  I keep saying this is what this website is all about - HELPING each other win more. 

I try to key in on exactly what you said about

"If you can get 1 digit that is going to play and determine what position it will be in (1st, 2nd, 3rd) you can reduce your 1:1000 Odds down to 1:100 without even eliminating Doubles and Pures."

Thumbs Up

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4872 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2013, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Wonderful post!  Lots of great ideas and suggestions.  I keep saying this is what this website is all about - HELPING each other win more. 

I try to key in on exactly what you said about

"If you can get 1 digit that is going to play and determine what position it will be in (1st, 2nd, 3rd) you can reduce your 1:1000 Odds down to 1:100 without even eliminating Doubles and Pures."

Thumbs Up

If you want to try a system for getting straight hits this is a good one. It will give a lot box hits too. It's a lot of #'s to play, but you can reduce it down if you tie it in with other workouts. He starts off using 20 draws, but reduces it to 12 later on. I just did a backtest from Jan. 1 to yesterday and it gave 36 straight hits and 63 box hits in Md. I did the ref. boxes for every day and  the straights and box hits came mostly within the last 3 days, sometimes within the last 5. 

I found it may go 5-7 days with just box hits then the straights will hit big for a week or two, then it will go back to box hits. I remember playing on paper when the thread was active and it performed pretty much the same way back then. Even if you don't play all the combinations, it will give you good info on positional play. Good luck with it!!!

Here's the link.   http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/227727

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                          Member #138729
                          February 4, 2013
                          2872 Posts
                          Posted: March 16, 2013, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Smile

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1477
                            May 7, 2003
                            2311 Posts
                            Posted: March 16, 2013, 11:06 am - IP Logged

If you want to try a system for getting straight hits this is a good one. It will give a lot box hits too. It's a lot of #'s to play, but you can reduce it down if you tie it in with other workouts. He starts off using 20 draws, but reduces it to 12 later on. I just did a backtest from Jan. 1 to yesterday and it gave 36 straight hits and 63 box hits in Md. I did the ref. boxes for every day and  the straights and box hits came mostly within the last 3 days, sometimes within the last 5. 

I found it may go 5-7 days with just box hits then the straights will hit big for a week or two, then it will go back to box hits. I remember playing on paper when the thread was active and it performed pretty much the same way back then. Even if you don't play all the combinations, it will give you good info on positional play. Good luck with it!!!

Here's the link.   http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/227727

Thanks for the link gurwurston.  Will certainly check it out as you can never get too much information on how to track these numbers even after 20 years of tracking. LOL  I have always used a method of "Elimination for Determination".

If  you can eliminate just 4 of the 10 digits you can take the 220 sets down to 50 sets and that will still have Doubles and Pures in the mix.

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1477
                              May 7, 2003
                              2311 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2013, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

A little more info on the 1:100.  The reason the 1,000 can be reduced to 1:100 using 1 digit is there are exactly 100 combinations with any specific digit 0-9 in any given position.

Furthermore the 100 can be divided 60/40 depending on how the 3 digits Sum Total....Odd or Even.  As said this includes Doubles and Pures and they can be eliminate most of the time because 72% of the time 3 different digits draw.

Once  you become familiar with all the combinations you will become more comfortable in being able to eliminate things.  Right now 1,000 Exacts probably seems a bit overwhelming and you have the urgent feeling that  you "have to play this and that in order to "cover your bases". If you do your homework, in time you will instinctively know what is good and what isn't. 

You can take $50 and play all 100 exacts with 50 cent wagers and win $250 everytime you have the one number in the right position.  If you eliminate the Doubles, Trips and Pures you can reduce the $50 by at least $10.00.