Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virginia scratch off-bar code doesn't match...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by redhot7.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2013, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP cjeepsThumbs Up you may have a misprinted ticket.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
    Member #71120
    February 19, 2009
    1209 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of Powerball and Mega,it would be a total shock to me if either were ever won here in this state...I dont buy them here I got to Georgia to play.When I got to play scratch offs I will buy those then.When I was down there a couple months ago I had bought some powerball tickets and put them in the dash,forgot it later and threw all those papers away.When I got back home I went to get them off the dash,,,and omgosh I was so mad at my self.I got 10 quick picks....I will never know if I won or not..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2013, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of Powerball and Mega,it would be a total shock to me if either were ever won here in this state...I dont buy them here I got to Georgia to play.When I got to play scratch offs I will buy those then.When I was down there a couple months ago I had bought some powerball tickets and put them in the dash,forgot it later and threw all those papers away.When I got back home I went to get them off the dash,,,and omgosh I was so mad at my self.I got 10 quick picks....I will never know if I won or not..

Bummer.

The only good thing though is that the odds are you didn't win anything. If that's any consolation. (Which I know it Ain't).

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40611 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2013, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Bummer.

The only good thing though is that the odds are you didn't win anything. If that's any consolation. (Which I know it Ain't).

I Agree! yep

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
          California
          United States
          Member #112364
          June 17, 2011
          661 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I purchased a Virginia lotto scratch off which after scratching revealed a $20 prize. I had a number which matched one of the winning numbers. I attempted to redeem this at two seperate retailers who told me the barcode was coming up as prize over $600 must be redeem at a Virginia Lottery office. I am going Monday morning, but in the mean time, any ideas what could be going on ?

So, how did it go?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

So, how did it go?

I was wonderin' about that my ownself.

He was here on the 18th but he apparently doesn't want to discuss it any further, lol.

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #140684
              March 24, 2013
              566 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I was wonderin' about that my ownself.

He was here on the 18th but he apparently doesn't want to discuss it any further, lol.

Maybe it was really a huge win, over 2 million so is now on vacation.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
                Member #45031
                August 13, 2006
                29 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2013, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

take it to the lottery office. in cases where the matching numbers or pictures or whatever indicated a grand prize winner and the bar code reads the ticket is a loser, the VA lottery claims the bar code is the real indicater. let's see what they do when game says you won $20 and the bar code says you won more.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #130213
                  July 9, 2012
                  387 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2013, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

take it to the lottery office. in cases where the matching numbers or pictures or whatever indicated a grand prize winner and the bar code reads the ticket is a loser, the VA lottery claims the bar code is the real indicater. let's see what they do when game says you won $20 and the bar code says you won more.

Following this logic, its possible then for a misprint to have a barcode that will show it as a TOP PRIZE while the the scratch are will show it as a loser.

Did I get it right ?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2013, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Following this logic, its possible then for a misprint to have a barcode that will show it as a TOP PRIZE while the the scratch are will show it as a loser.

Did I get it right ?

I don't even like to entertain the possibility.

That would be the ultimate outrage if that was ever discovered.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                      California
                      United States
                      Member #112364
                      June 17, 2011
                      661 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2013, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Did I get it right ?

In CA, we have a secondary verification by entering the ticket serial numbers on the scratch-off replay program. If the ticket serial numbers are entered correctly but rejected, it means that the ticket is a winning ticket, not a losing ticket.

But this mechanism wouldn't work if you have what looks like a $50 winner but in reality a million dollar winner, you give it to the clerk, the clerk realizes the mistake but doesn't tell you. He would give you $50 and submit your ticket to the lottery office for a much larger reward.

Note: There was a case in which a lady submitted what looked like a 250,000 winner but then told that it was a misprint. She got absolutely nothing and now filed a lawsuit through her attorney.