Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5314 replies. Last post 9 hours ago by zzplayfaster.

Page 108 of 355
PrintE-mailLink
SARASOTA, FL
United States
Member #95778
August 17, 2010
1093 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2015, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I went to Publix on my lunch break and picked up a few more $20 Gold Rush.

#8 - won $20

#9 - loser

#10 - loser

from another roll:

#27 - loser

28 - loser

There may be some good winners out there but my God you have to burn through a lot of losers to find them.

Not so good WBRIGHTFL ........... worst I had with GR was 11 (that's ELEVEN) duds in a row. I've said this before and I'll say it again - GRT and GR odds for getting $500 are about the same. But I got MANY MANY MORE $500's on GRT than GR buying the same number of tickets. How can that be ????

Can anyone explain it ?

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #95015
    August 1, 2010
    255 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2015, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Not so good WBRIGHTFL ........... worst I had with GR was 11 (that's ELEVEN) duds in a row. I've said this before and I'll say it again - GRT and GR odds for getting $500 are about the same. But I got MANY MANY MORE $500's on GRT than GR buying the same number of tickets. How can that be ????

Can anyone explain it ?

I feel they are lying to us about the advertised odds Skeptic.  Is there even any over site?  Who watches over the lottery to make sure it's being run fairly?

United States
      Member #159617
      October 2, 2014
      246 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2015, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

So I posted earlier today that I win $100 on GR on a win all money bag today then after work I got one GR and one super millions and one Monopoly. The GR was matching number on everyone witch was my second one today I crossed my fingers again another $5 under if #$%& $100 bucks. Super millions single money bag $30 $%&# Monopoly got a car crossed fingers $10 under it $50 bucks. $180 between the three not mad but not happy.

Orlando, FL
        United States
        Member #95015
        August 1, 2010
        255 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2015, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I have driven North, South, West and East and no matter where I pick up scratchers around Orlando they suck. 

This morning's losses:

Purchased 2 x $25 Florida Cash #8 and #9 - won $25 on #8, then #9 loser

Purchased 4 x $20 Gold Rush #1-#4 - won $20 on #1, #2-4 losers

Purchased 5 x $10 $5,000 W4L #16-#20 - all losers

SARASOTA, FL
          United States
          Member #95778
          August 17, 2010
          1093 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2015, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

was just talking to a friend who buys a lot of scratchers - we talked about the printed odds on GR and Fl Cash ($25) for top prize - he checked and was told there are over 13,200 locations selling scratch off tickets in Florida. Does anyone know what the real odds are of winning a top prize from the two above tickets knowing you first have to know/find a store out of 13,200 locations that would have a winning ticket. Seems you have two battles - the odds of hitting a winner at over 13,200 stores and then the printed odds of a ticket. BTW - according to the Florida Lottery site - there hasn't been a top prize claimed in 7 days so far.

Miami, Florida
            United States
            Member #111795
            June 2, 2011
            581 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2015, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I went to the District Office with my 1k Super Millions and the place was packed. I saw mostly ten dollar scratch offs in people's hands, but I did see 4 people there with the $25 game. I had a chair right near the counter and saw a woman claiming a 5k on a $5 game, and watched as a guy was told his winnings were taken because of child support. Saw a guy with a stack of winners. He had at least 5 winners of over 1k that he was claiming.

SARASOTA, FL
              United States
              Member #95778
              August 17, 2010
              1093 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2015, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday I went to the District Office with my 1k Super Millions and the place was packed. I saw mostly ten dollar scratch offs in people's hands, but I did see 4 people there with the $25 game. I had a chair right near the counter and saw a woman claiming a 5k on a $5 game, and watched as a guy was told his winnings were taken because of child support. Saw a guy with a stack of winners. He had at least 5 winners of over 1k that he was claiming.

Hey OLDSCHOOL - I wonder if the guy with 5 winning tickets has a store and buys tickets from people who don't want to go to the district office - like the guy you saw denied because of child support ?? There's a towel head store here who will give you $700 for a $1K ticket.

Sounds fishy - a guy with 5 winners. What's your take ?

NY
                United States
                Member #167035
                June 22, 2015
                1340 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2015, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Hey OLDSCHOOL - I wonder if the guy with 5 winning tickets has a store and buys tickets from people who don't want to go to the district office - like the guy you saw denied because of child support ?? There's a towel head store here who will give you $700 for a $1K ticket.

Sounds fishy - a guy with 5 winners. What's your take ?

$700 for a $1k ticket - would just cash it myself since FL does not have a state income tax and NY does not tax lottery winnings until over $5,000

doesn't make sense to give someone 20-25% of your winnings to cash it cause u lazy or u don't want to because of child support or back taxes - if u can't afford to pay child support u shouldn't be playing the lottery in the first place then again they prob just DIDN'T out of laziness

United States
                  Member #159617
                  October 2, 2014
                  246 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

8 loosing gold rush in a row f$%& I'm done I quit for awhile. I don't even know how many more losers there was I quit at 8

Largo
                    United States
                    Member #157181
                    July 11, 2014
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2015, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

The store where I won 1k$ back in December, the clerk offered to cash it for me. I laughed at him and drove it to Tampa myself! It isn't a long trip, and not worth giving them a penny for it! I wonder if I could report him for it.

SARASOTA, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95778
                      August 17, 2010
                      1093 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2015, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

The store where I won 1k$ back in December, the clerk offered to cash it for me. I laughed at him and drove it to Tampa myself! It isn't a long trip, and not worth giving them a penny for it! I wonder if I could report him for it.

how much did he offer you ? Was he a young kid or an older guy ?

Largo
                        United States
                        Member #157181
                        July 11, 2014
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2015, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

how much did he offer you ? Was he a young kid or an older guy ?

He was older, and he said the same, $700. I am a sole proprietor myself, and even at the rate I get taxed, it still makes no sense to pay him to cash the ticket for me. I believe seniors don't pay taxes on lotto winnings, I could be wrong. But either way, it's a total sham.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #167035
                          June 22, 2015
                          1340 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2015, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

He was older, and he said the same, $700. I am a sole proprietor myself, and even at the rate I get taxed, it still makes no sense to pay him to cash the ticket for me. I believe seniors don't pay taxes on lotto winnings, I could be wrong. But either way, it's a total sham.

don't know about seniors and taxes but even if u already in the 39.6% tax bracket it probably still does not make sense for the retailer to take the 30% haircut plus it is technically illegal

SARASOTA, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95778
                            August 17, 2010
                            1093 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2015, 10:50 am - IP Logged

just checked florida lottery website - NO top prize winner in 8 days. Used to be a couple per week. Is this saying the odds have been increased so high that a top prize win is harder than ever to get ? Or is it fewer people are playing ?

BTW - there's no tax break on winning tickets if you're a senior citizen. What the lottery should do is dole out a fist full of free scratchers if you won $1K. Us old guys don't have that many years left to play - so why not give us a bonus ?? :):)

What do you players think ?

FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #127998
                              May 14, 2012
                              404 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2015, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Skeptic, I cant win anything here, nada nothing, like i have said before to win a 500 dollar ticket will cost you 3-5k in tickets.  Its terrible, yet i see the lottery bragging on record ticket sales.  all i get on the GR is 2x10 in this area.  Hundred dollar tickets are like 500s in the old days.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

Page 108 of 355