Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is playing the lottery your only plan

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by IPlayWeekly.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Some of you know, I play weekly (hence the name) and my weekly budget is $30.  Right now, I'm down to one rental property, play stocks and run several sites.  I play the lottery for smaller amounts not expecting to win the jackpot.  I do it for fun... I guess my question is, Are you doing anything else either investments or a business or anything else to get paid?

Hi IPlayWeekly,

Guess you could say the lottery is the one way that I would ever not have to work till I drop dead, lol. I work but it's a low paying job. Have a 401k from work but only have the lowest amount put in.  Don't have money to invest in real estate and the housing market hasn't been the best investment for many people in the last 5 years or so.  I guess you could call the lottery an extremely high risk investment with barely any payoff but feel it's my only way to be able to be financially set in life (should a miracle happen and I actually win the lottery, lol). I'm a realist,  but hold onto some tiny hope that my luck might one day change. Truth is since I always say to people that I will be working till I die. It  means that I am realistic  and know my chances of actually winning are teeny tiny, though it doesn't stop me from having my hope and dreams.

PATTYH's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
    KNOXVILLE,TN.
    United States
    Member #98065
    September 30, 2010
    209 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

If I depended on lottery wins to pay my bills I'd be homeless. Disapprove

I also would be homeless, so i get up, go to the dental lab and py bills, save some $ . I LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO BE THE BIG WINNER .

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I also would be homeless, so i get up, go to the dental lab and py bills, save some $ . I LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO BE THE BIG WINNER .

Can you sneak out a set of choppers for me when my last 3 fall out?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

No my back up plan is being taken away by space aliens, and worshiipped as a god. but lottery is my retirement plan, when i hit, i'll retire!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Playing the lottery in only a small part of my plan, winning and spending those winnings is a bigger part.

Thumbs Up

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I have a day job plus a self employed art and writing career so I don't depend on the lottery to pay my bills or fund my future retirement. But that apartment in Paris, with a view of the Eiffel Tower, will always call my name...so the lottery will have to fund that dream. Although I would probably find most of the French annoying...lol.

Patriot

J'aime La France.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

No, I have a pension and annuity waiting for me, also an ira and always looking for other ways to make cash.

Also try to save money by doing my own repairs, just fixed the washer last week,

thats $75 in my pocket not some repair co.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #122868
                February 9, 2012
                322 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the lottery is my only plan, and I do expect to win. Yes, I get paid for unclogging toilets.

I expect to win sometime soon too!

But speaking of plumbers... I had one out here today... And now there's mud all over my @#$@%/ apartment... Even put the boot covers on..  spending my evening cleaning carpetsRant

I wish I may, I wish I might...
                           Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #140684
                  March 24, 2013
                  566 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

When I get around to playing the lottery I don't expect to win I just think of it as my ticket to dream and fantasize for a bit about what I would spend it on then I am knocked back to reality until I get round to buying another ticket.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                    Columbus, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #128906
                    June 5, 2012
                    591 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi IPlayWeekly,

Guess you could say the lottery is the one way that I would ever not have to work till I drop dead, lol. I work but it's a low paying job. Have a 401k from work but only have the lowest amount put in.  Don't have money to invest in real estate and the housing market hasn't been the best investment for many people in the last 5 years or so.  I guess you could call the lottery an extremely high risk investment with barely any payoff but feel it's my only way to be able to be financially set in life (should a miracle happen and I actually win the lottery, lol). I'm a realist,  but hold onto some tiny hope that my luck might one day change. Truth is since I always say to people that I will be working till I die. It  means that I am realistic  and know my chances of actually winning are teeny tiny, though it doesn't stop me from having my hope and dreams.

Never give up dreaming and never settle... there's to many "dreamers" out there with nice homes, fast cars and money in the bank.  If they can do it, so can you and I =)

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34100 Posts
                      Posted: March 26, 2013, 7:06 am - IP Logged

It is a hobby for me sometimes I win I just like to post numbers mostly its fun posting numbers I could win a lot of times but sometimes I over look my numbers and there right in my face..Yes Nod or right in my workout that I do.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2013, 8:10 am - IP Logged

I expect to win sometime soon too!

But speaking of plumbers... I had one out here today... And now there's mud all over my @#$@%/ apartment... Even put the boot covers on..  spending my evening cleaning carpetsRant

I clean carpets and specialize in plumbers who track in mud with boot covers.   Leaving

For future reference, only hire a plumber that does not walk on your floors. Levitating plumbers are the only way to go.  Big Grin Angel

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #122868
                          February 9, 2012
                          322 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I clean carpets and specialize in plumbers who track in mud with boot covers.   Leaving

For future reference, only hire a plumber that does not walk on your floors. Levitating plumbers are the only way to go.  Big Grin Angel

Hahaha... Guess that'd go hand in hand... Carpet cleaners and muddy booted plumbers... Next time he's taking his &%#@/% boots off... Unfortunately there will b a next time.. they still didn't fix problem.. said we need 2 new toilets but maintenance lady doesn't believe it so she's calling somebody else out who is out of town and won't b back til Monday... But who has already been out... They may all b levitating before its over with!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I may, I wish I might...
                                     Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Being retired the lottery is the only hope for the "Big Score". I have tried a few things but they just never succeded.

• A lawn sprinkler company in Seattle.
                            • Prescription windshields- thought I had something there as people wouldn't need glasses or even contacts to drive, and it would have really cut down on auto thefts.

Scared

• An 8-track and Beta flea market.
                            • A dehunidifier outlet in Southern Nevada
                            • The Brigham Young Brewery
                            • A NY Yankee tee shirt store in Boston and a Boston Red Sox tee shirt store in NYC

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Being retired the lottery is the only hope for the "Big Score". I have tried a few things but they just never succeded.

• A lawn sprinkler company in Seattle.
                              • Prescription windshields- thought I had something there as people wouldn't need glasses or even contacts to drive, and it would have really cut down on auto thefts.

Scared

• An 8-track and Beta flea market.
                              • A dehunidifier outlet in Southern Nevada
                              • The Brigham Young Brewery
                              • A NY Yankee tee shirt store in Boston and a Boston Red Sox tee shirt store in NYC

What about dallas cowboys hats and jerseys in philly ? LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.