Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

saving 20 dollar scratchcards to scatch on a rainy day.

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ddokken16.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
nc
United States
Member #140699
March 25, 2013
8 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:32 am - IP Logged

i drive about 175 miles to norfolk and virginia beach and go to several 7 11s and other stores to buy 1 20 dollar scratchcard from each store and i put them away to scratch at another time. so far i have 18 of them stashed away. i take my vacation from work in late may and i'll probably play a little there as well but not too much. when we come back from vacation in early june i'll wait a few days and rest from all the driving and then make a trip back to norfolk and virginia beach and get about 10 more 20 dollar scratch cards and of course it will be the same game . the top prize in the game i'm playing is 2.000.000 and there are three of them in play and no one has ever hit. the game started in october of 2012 and i figure if lightings gonna strike it will only take one card that's why i go all over the eastern part of virginia to play and also virginia beach is a known hot spot for scatchers. i've worked for the same company for seventeen years and during tax time we have a little extra to play with. people at work think i have a problem but i don't spend everything we have on tickets and we have plenty of the things we need and honestly i do love to play because anytime i can afford to spend 20 dollars for any chance to win 2 million dollars i'm there. play onRant

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19964 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:35 am - IP Logged

i drive about 175 miles to norfolk and virginia beach and go to several 7 11s and other stores to buy 1 20 dollar scratchcard from each store and i put them away to scratch at another time. so far i have 18 of them stashed away. i take my vacation from work in late may and i'll probably play a little there as well but not too much. when we come back from vacation in early june i'll wait a few days and rest from all the driving and then make a trip back to norfolk and virginia beach and get about 10 more 20 dollar scratch cards and of course it will be the same game . the top prize in the game i'm playing is 2.000.000 and there are three of them in play and no one has ever hit. the game started in october of 2012 and i figure if lightings gonna strike it will only take one card that's why i go all over the eastern part of virginia to play and also virginia beach is a known hot spot for scatchers. i've worked for the same company for seventeen years and during tax time we have a little extra to play with. people at work think i have a problem but i don't spend everything we have on tickets and we have plenty of the things we need and honestly i do love to play because anytime i can afford to spend 20 dollars for any chance to win 2 million dollars i'm there. play onRant

Wow,you been working a long time, how long do you have to cash them in if you win anything?

Let it Snow Snowman

nc
      United States
      Member #140699
      March 25, 2013
      8 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:57 am - IP Logged

with virginia lottery scratchcards you have 180 days after the games anounced end. the game i'm playing is millionnaire mania you can check that out on virginia lottery online and thanks for the reply and not saying i'm crazyBanana

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Wow id be going crazy holding onto that many tickets...I myself love the $20 scratchers we have here in NC...we've got one where you could win 4 million dollars and one where you could win 200,000 for life and another where it had a second chance drawing of 3 million....So Im with you if it's not taking fdood off the table or anything play on....

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Oh my I don't think I could wait that long lol. Let us know how you did.Thumbs Up

Welcome to the LP ddokken16Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

You bought 18 tickets? You "won" $60. Go ahead and scratch them. 

United States
              Member #122468
              February 1, 2012
              530 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2013, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Hi ddokken16,

Wow you have 18 scratch tickets stored for a rainy day that's great. I like your strategy of buying 1 scratch ticket from different stores.  For the last 6 months I was buying scratchers but scratching them within 2 weeks or a month from purchasing them. I wouldn't be able to wait to scratch all the tickets that you have. I've thought about going to different stores very far from where I live but I usually think of the gas money I would be spending and then don't do it.  Unless I'm going to the city or to visit a friend who lives a distance from myself I usually tend to just by tickets from my town or 1 or 2 towns away. As long as you play responsibly and don't spend all your money on scratch tickets then have fun and good luck to you. Maybe on one of those tickets you will be a millionare!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2013, 10:51 am - IP Logged

If I played scratchers, which I very rarely do, I would only get them out of vending machines where there are no ticket hawks hanging around. I was in line to buy PB tickets last summer and the guy in front of me asked for a couple scratchers and the clerk steered him away from the ones he wanted because he told him that the last guy got two $50 winners off that roll already (they knew each other).

Even with the vending machines, if there's people loitering around I wouldn't buy any.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

If I played scratchers, which I very rarely do, I would only get them out of vending machines where there are no ticket hawks hanging around. I was in line to buy PB tickets last summer and the guy in front of me asked for a couple scratchers and the clerk steered him away from the ones he wanted because he told him that the last guy got two $50 winners off that roll already (they knew each other).

Even with the vending machines, if there's people loitering around I wouldn't buy any.

Right, because they are designed for every 5th or 6th tickets to pay SOMETHING. At a machine people can wait for a few losers to be sold and then buy a couple of those for a winner. (hint hint shy) Wink

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2013, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Right, because they are designed for every 5th or 6th tickets to pay SOMETHING. At a machine people can wait for a few losers to be sold and then buy a couple of those for a winner. (hint hint shy) Wink

Roger that.

Power$'s avatar - Lottery-027.jpg

United States
                      Member #140538
                      March 21, 2013
                      25 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

LOL, your so right. I was buying 3 scratchers the other day $1 each from the vending machine and i noticed a couple old guys sitting down at the tables as soon as i got my tickets they stood up and bought $20 worth of the same tickets LOL! I found it funny and annoying at the same time... I ended up winning $7 of 3 tickets...

Gotta beware of the them dirty hawks!! Hit With Stick   I Agree!

Naughty

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                        Upacreek
                        United States
                        Member #136306
                        December 8, 2012
                        431 Posts
                        Posted: March 26, 2013, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

with virginia lottery scratchcards you have 180 days after the games anounced end. the game i'm playing is millionnaire mania you can check that out on virginia lottery online and thanks for the reply and not saying i'm crazyBanana

You're not crazy... I envy your restraint and wish you luck on that strategy... although, I have to admit... I hope there isn't too many that play the way you do... that big winner could be sitting in that pile of yours while the rest of us unwittingly chase JP that are already claimed... so much for unclaimed prizes remaining eh?

Regular LP's have warned of that, but I digress...

-RC

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42020 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2013, 7:22 am - IP Logged

welcome to lottery post

HyperBe Happy.

nc
                            United States
                            Member #140699
                            March 25, 2013
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

ty for the welcome. i know i'm probably over thinking this but out of all 18 of the millionnaire mania cards i have 2 of them look different than all of the others. man i hope there the ones i've been looking for but i will wait til about august to go back for at least 12 more to bring the amount to 30 before i scratch them.Bedeveryone have a good night.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2013, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

ty for the welcome. i know i'm probably over thinking this but out of all 18 of the millionnaire mania cards i have 2 of them look different than all of the others. man i hope there the ones i've been looking for but i will wait til about august to go back for at least 12 more to bring the amount to 30 before i scratch them.Bedeveryone have a good night.

let us know how yo didThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908