Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

saving 20 dollar scratchcards to scatch on a rainy day.

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ddokken16.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

i drive about 175 miles to norfolk and virginia beach and go to several 7 11s and other stores to buy 1 20 dollar scratchcard from each store and i put them away to scratch at another time. so far i have 18 of them stashed away. i take my vacation from work in late may and i'll probably play a little there as well but not too much. when we come back from vacation in early june i'll wait a few days and rest from all the driving and then make a trip back to norfolk and virginia beach and get about 10 more 20 dollar scratch cards and of course it will be the same game . the top prize in the game i'm playing is 2.000.000 and there are three of them in play and no one has ever hit. the game started in october of 2012 and i figure if lightings gonna strike it will only take one card that's why i go all over the eastern part of virginia to play and also virginia beach is a known hot spot for scatchers. i've worked for the same company for seventeen years and during tax time we have a little extra to play with. people at work think i have a problem but i don't spend everything we have on tickets and we have plenty of the things we need and honestly i do love to play because anytime i can afford to spend 20 dollars for any chance to win 2 million dollars i'm there. play onRant

You wouldn't happen to be Don Dokken's son or daughter?

If you are, I have your father's autograph.

nc
    United States
    Member #140699
    March 25, 2013
    8 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2013, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

i broke. i had to cratch them. i won 335.00. 2 of the cards were 100 dollar winners.

nc
      United States
      Member #140699
      March 25, 2013
      8 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2013, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

no kin just my all time favorite group. i did meet george lynch one time and he signed mine and my wifes t shirts and my cd's sacred groove and lynchmob. it was great. i play guitar myself since i was a kid.Drum

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2013, 12:59 am - IP Logged

no kin just my all time favorite group. i did meet george lynch one time and he signed mine and my wifes t shirts and my cd's sacred groove and lynchmob. it was great. i play guitar myself since i was a kid.Drum

Cool story, but "All Time Favorite" ? Don't know about that. lol They were good but not the best in my opinion. Typical 80's and 90's hair band with a slight lead in my type of creative taste. 

I met Lynch too. All the band members were there. Lynch was practicing on a song for the next album, and Don was auditioning models for the upcoming music video. It was so sureal to me.

LAKE HAVASU AZ
          United States
          Member #44729
          August 8, 2006
          446 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2013, 7:10 am - IP Logged

welcome to the lottery post , and kudo's for waiting to scratch them , myself oh hell no i don't wait ,hell on the way to the car i'm scratching....lol

some day....some day

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2013, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

You bought 18 tickets? You "won" $60. Go ahead and scratch them. 

hahaha Ronnie316. I don't think I am ever getting on that "bus" again. The scratch ticket bus.

That money's gone fo ever

nc
              United States
              Member #140699
              March 25, 2013
              8 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2013, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

i won 336 dollars off of those 18 i bought and i took them back this past monday and cashed them in and went back and bought 18 more and i scratched them when i got home and won 675 dollars so i'm ahead now and maybe i'll stop for a while but i don't know. i'll let you guys know. later

nc
                United States
                Member #140699
                March 25, 2013
                8 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

after hearing paris is burning off of breaking the chains    i was hooked. it's some of the best live guitar playing i've ever heard. rock on

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2013, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

hahaha Ronnie316. I don't think I am ever getting on that "bus" again. The scratch ticket bus.

I Agree!

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2013, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

i broke. i had to cratch them. i won 335.00. 2 of the cards were 100 dollar winners.

Wait.... How can you be a "winner" if you went to 18 stores and spent $360. and got back $335.?

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2013, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

i won 336 dollars off of those 18 i bought and i took them back this past monday and cashed them in and went back and bought 18 more and i scratched them when i got home and won 675 dollars so i'm ahead now and maybe i'll stop for a while but i don't know. i'll let you guys know. later

Did you go to 18 more stores again?

nc
                        United States
                        Member #140699
                        March 25, 2013
                        8 Posts
                        Posted: May 5, 2013, 10:26 am - IP Logged

yes i went back and got 18 more again and won 695 dollars.  i originally posted that i won 675 but i went through the cards a second time and found another twenty dollar winner making it 695 instead. i was very happy.  my wife and i will be leaving  on the 24th of may for vacation in ocala and orlando fla and maybe a couple of weeks after that we will make more trips up to a couple of hot spots up north for our treasure hunt again. 695 is nice but thats far from what i'm looking for. the top prize is 2,000.000 .                                       take care and thanks for the replySee Ya!