Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When was the last time MM was higher than PB?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Right now - 04-01-2013 MM is $42M and PB is $40M.

It's only a difference of $2M but given the different start points and different amounts of rollover, does anyone know the last time MM was higher?

I think the only way it can stay like that is if MM doesn't get hit Tuesday night and PB gets hit Wednesday, and at that it will still be short term.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40579 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

No, it's been awhile

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #133462
      September 30, 2012
      5946 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

September 11th I think.

I raised this very same observation on another thread. I agree it will only last for another roll if MM isn't hit. I think MM is finally ready for a long run straight through April!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I used to remember topics like, "PowerBall finally may has the edge it's been seeking." It's funny how things have changed in less than a year.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/246744

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Sully and Original Bey, thanks.

Original Bey,

Sorry, wasn't aware of the other thread.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Bahamas
            Member #133462
            September 30, 2012
            5946 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Sully and Original Bey, thanks.

Original Bey,

Sorry, wasn't aware of the other thread.

No, this is great. That thread wasn''t addressing specifically what you are in this thread. It was the closest at the time though. I just didn't have any where else to post that remark.

I have taken a great interest in MM of late as there seems to be more consistency in the trends I've been tracking between both multi state games.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

No, this is great. That thread wasn''t addressing specifically what you are in this thread. It was the closest at the time though. I just didn't have any where else to post that remark.

I have taken a great interest in MM of late as there seems to be more consistency in the trends I've been tracking between both multi state games.

OH, ok Original Bey, was concenred that I did a thread hi-jack or something.

whiteballz,

Thanks for the link, good refresher. Also brings to mind all those players here on LP and in general that swore the extra $1 meant they were done with PB.

Lep

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2013, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

When you're talking about PB or MM being higher, you should qualified weather you're talking about their jackpots or cash values.  PB jackpot can be higher while MM cash value is actually higher because of the annuity plans used to calculate their projected jackpot amounts.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2013, 6:27 am - IP Logged

I hope they both rovertime will be nice to get a little frenzy from both gamesStretch

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2013, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Right now - 04-01-2013 MM is $42M and PB is $40M.

It's only a difference of $2M but given the different start points and different amounts of rollover, does anyone know the last time MM was higher?

I think the only way it can stay like that is if MM doesn't get hit Tuesday night and PB gets hit Wednesday, and at that it will still be short term.

The only time I can think when it was significantly higher was last year when it hit that 640 million...I cant remember what powerball was but it wasnt near that....and hasnt ever been their highest was that one a few months ago when PB hit 588 million

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

When you're talking about PB or MM being higher, you should qualified weather you're talking about their jackpots or cash values.  PB jackpot can be higher while MM cash value is actually higher because of the annuity plans used to calculate their projected jackpot amounts.

RJOh,

I think the 'default', the most commonly referred to amount is what's printed on the tickets, what's posted here at LP on Worldwide Jackpots, what's on the monitors where they sell tickets.

I'm just saying.........

billionaire2be,

Yeah, I remember the MM last year, I think it finally landed on $656M and was split two or three ways. One of the winners was not too far from where I live, in a toen called Red Bud, IL. Someone had started a rumor that someone else in that town had won and he had to try and convince every one it wasn't him.

That would definitely be Bang Head

Lep

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2013, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Wow!

After tomorrow's drawing both multi state games will be tied at 50m annuity! This has not happened in ages. I'm curious as to how this will impact sales in the week ahead. Talk about a RATS' RACE...!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2013, 1:40 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

I think the 'default', the most commonly referred to amount is what's printed on the tickets, what's posted here at LP on Worldwide Jackpots, what's on the monitors where they sell tickets.

I'm just saying.........

billionaire2be,

Yeah, I remember the MM last year, I think it finally landed on $656M and was split two or three ways. One of the winners was not too far from where I live, in a toen called Red Bud, IL. Someone had started a rumor that someone else in that town had won and he had to try and convince every one it wasn't him.

That would definitely be Bang Head

"I think the 'default', the most commonly referred to amount is what's printed on the tickets, what's posted here at LP on Worldwide Jackpots, what's on the monitors where they sell tickets."

If PB rolls tonight, its next jackpot will be $50M, the same as MM but its cash value will be at least $5M less than that of MM. 

When PB $2 per line is compared to MM's $1 per line to play for the same size jackpot with cash value $5M larger, MM for me will defintely be higher than PB.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                            Oklahoma
                            United States
                            Member #82391
                            November 12, 2009
                            6290 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

So if I don't win the powerball tonight Wink then both of the jackpot will be $50 million.Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

"I think the 'default', the most commonly referred to amount is what's printed on the tickets, what's posted here at LP on Worldwide Jackpots, what's on the monitors where they sell tickets."

If PB rolls tonight, its next jackpot will be $50M, the same as MM but its cash value will be at least $5M less than that of MM. 

When PB $2 per line is compared to MM's $1 per line to play for the same size jackpot with cash value $5M larger, MM for me will defintely be higher than PB.

I Agree! MM is looking very attractive in this situation.