Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you joined a pool, did you vet the other players for honesty before jumping in feet first?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19767 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2013, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I wanna BEA Winner, not C A Winner..............

u have to C 2 Believe Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2013, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

u have to C 2 Believe Yes Nod

Ain't that the truth.You also have to believe that you can and will win.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

George Bernard Shaw 

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40376 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering, based on some recent horror stories.
      Hairstylists are told by fellow pool player  " l won the jackpot last night with a ticket l bought seperately - but you guys are not part of my winning , sorry"   kinda thing.
      How would you gauge honesty with this bunch since you the newbie?

I was in a pool once, never again.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
        Jacksonville, Florida
        United States
        Member #140364
        March 17, 2013
        195 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2013, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I run two lottery pools at work, Florida Mega Money and the Florida Lotto. First I have written agreement everybody signs with email address and phone number for each pool.  Whoever buys the tickets does not buy their own at the same time.

On the Mega Money I collect the money between the 15th and 29th of each month and I will buy the tickets for the next month to cover from the 1st-30th/31st and I scan and email the tickets before the 1st drawing. This also allows me to buy my own at any other time for a single drawing from time to time.

The lotto is on Wed and Saturdays but the pool is for Saturday drawings only and I collect the money for the month and purchase the tickets Thurs or Fri and email before the drawing. This also lets me buy my own tickets for Wed.

Edit:

When Powerball gets up to 100 million I will do a one time pool for that and people have to sign agreement for that also. I've noticed most do not even read it. Guess you could say if I wanted I could put in there, Pool manager (myself) keeps 75% of winnings Evil Smile  Nah, I would never do that to my coworkers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4106 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Edit:

When Powerball gets up to 100 million I will do a one time pool for that and people have to sign agreement for that also. I've noticed most do not even read it. Guess you could say if I wanted I could put in there, Pool manager (myself) keeps 75% of winnings  Evil Smile  Nah, I would never do that to my coworkers."

** Thank you for your clarification on the above chmuckatelly- as you can tell ALL members of the LP forum are ethical to the core, we would not like you to spook us with dishonesty or sow seeds of discord, Welcome to the  Forum.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
            Jacksonville, Florida
            United States
            Member #140364
            March 17, 2013
            195 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:56 am - IP Logged

I'm ethical, it was just a joke after mentioning that most do not even read the agreement, unless they read it when I emailed it to them but even still it was about 2 weeks from the time I emailed it and the time it was time to sign the actual agreement. Only two people read the agreement in front of me, and 1 of them was the wife of one of my co-workers. After everybody signed it, everybody got their own copy and the agreement and the agreement is as good as long as nothing changes in the terms or add/delete members. I have bought a receipt book too so when they pay, we both have proof who has paid.

Georgia
              United States
              Member #136375
              December 9, 2012
              112 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2013, 7:08 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post, blessings, and good luck to you.

Thank you.  I have enjoyed reading all the the comments and like how everyone is so eager to helpful.  I hope to contribute some pointers soon as I keep studying and researching all the different strategies.  I would like to contribute to the LP but do not want to do it blindly.  Thank you for your kind post welcoming me to LP.  I pray the Lord will fill your pockets with lots of financial blessings.  Happy Sunday! Sun Smiley

Georgia
                United States
                Member #136375
                December 9, 2012
                112 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2013, 7:13 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Welcome to LP.

Thank you.  I have enjoyed reading all the the comments and like how everyone is so eager to helpful.  I hope to contribute some pointers soon as I keep studying and researching all the different strategies.  I would like to contribute to the LP but do not want to do it blindly.  Thank you for your kind post welcoming me to LP.  I pray the Lord will fill your pockets with lots of financial blessings.  Happy Sunday!  Sun Smiley

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2013, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I guess you could get everyone who paid to sign their name on the back of the ticket, and not let anyone who hasnt paid anywhere near it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Baton Rouge, LA
                    United States
                    Member #4602
                    May 7, 2004
                    699 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

any work pool i have been in has always  handed out photo copies of the  tickets purchased.

I run an office pool and that is what I do. Everyone who is in the pool gets copies of the pool tickets, so there's no question over which tickets are the pool's and which are mine. In addition, the tickets I buy for the pool are always multidraw tickets that cover all the draws between paydays, while my personal tickets are single draw. I also buy my own tickets separately at different places from the pool tickets.

Hopefully, I won't have any of these sorts of problems if we do hit a big win.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2013, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

The past honesty of the people in the pool is meaningless. Everybody who ever did something dishonest was honest until the first time they did something dishonest. If I was making a list  of reasons for being dishonest, keeping millions of dollars would certainly have to be somewhere close to the top. Besides, how do you know that somebody doesn't just seem honest because they're clever about their dishonesty?

What does matter is having a good set of written rules that anticipate potential problems. Just because somebody has been honest and is telling the truth doesn't mean other members won't be suspicious if the person who buys pool tickets wins with a ticket they purchased as their own. It's the rules that will tell you that it was really their own ticket that won, and not a ticket bought for the pool. A good set of written rules will also protect that person if people in the pool attempt to get a share of personal winnings.