Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hot Lotto Changes

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by clifford1944.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The JP odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841.

You can see the new matrix in the New Mexico Lottery Website. Click on "View new prize structure."  

http://www.nmlottery.com/how-to-play-hot-lotto.aspx

That money's gone fo ever

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The JP odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841.

You can see the new matrix in the New Mexico Lottery Website. Click on "View new prize structure."  

http://www.nmlottery.com/how-to-play-hot-lotto.aspx

Bummer, man.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
      Joplin MO
      United States
      Member #138489
      January 28, 2013
      190 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2013, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Here's one of the threads that was talking about the changes...  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257036

For more info, my post...

It ticks me off that they are changing Hot Lotto ... GRRRRR!!!  I just started playing this game not too long ago.

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Hot Lotto, you can find a comparison of odds & payouts between the current and new game.

At least they are increasing the payouts for the lower prizes.  My only hope is that I can win more of the lower prizes while I wait for the BIG ONE!!!

Hope this helps.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
        Joplin MO
        United States
        Member #138489
        January 28, 2013
        190 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2013, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Hi HoLeeKau. New Hampshire is also an HL state (just bought 5 lines sizzled for tonight's draw as a matter of fact). As one of my favorite games I have read up on the changes starting in a month. Besides the changes others have mentioned in this post it's interesting to note that the overall odds of the game are barely changing despite the addition of the extra white balls.

Odds to win any prize will be going up to 1:17 from the current 1:16. To me that indicates that they may be adding an additional lower tier prize. The obvious would be a 2+0 prize level, as you know at least 3 white balls are currently required to win a prize if the hot ball isn't also matched.

I prefer the game the way it is now myself, but will still give the new matrix a try. My goal is to be the last JP winner under the current matrix. Good luck to you as well!

Cheers

<snip> Besides the changes others have mentioned in this post it's interesting to note that the overall odds of the game are barely changing despite the addition of the extra white balls.

Maybe the overall odds are barely changing, but the JP odds are changing from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841 ... which means that it will be three times harder to win the JP ... that's kinda a big deal !!!

I'll give the new matrix a try.  Depending on how well I do with the smaller prizes, I may have to find a different game (again).

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2013, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Wow, glad to hear someone you know won the 52K.  Do you know how many she was buying a week? 

Congrats on your Pick 3 wins!  I hope they were straights. 

I play on and off too.  I was playing because LadyC was doing an excellent job picking Idaho's doubles.  Unfortunately, that was right when we had the 25 draws without a double, so I lost too much money there.  I still think there was something wrong with the computer -- we never go that long without a double.  Anyway, I've yet to win a penny on Pick 3, and it's awfully easy to spend a lot of money on it, so I'm not real keen on playing.

The friend at work is a major lottery enthusiast, spends a lot, and has a principle to not keep track of expenditure (that would take the fun out of it). 

On Pick 3 I play Any Order most of the time to keep things simple (and cheap).   So no, I did not win on straights.  But I am working on some charts now to help with exact position.  It will simply be a challenge to maintain the charts, keep them updated, with the kind of schedule I keep.  Did I mention that my day job interferes with my part-time lottery job?

All I need is a jackpot, baby.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Idaho
            United States
            Member #76087
            June 18, 2009
            859 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2013, 3:06 am - IP Logged

Here's one of the threads that was talking about the changes...  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257036

For more info, my post...

It ticks me off that they are changing Hot Lotto ... GRRRRR!!!  I just started playing this game not too long ago.

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Hot Lotto, you can find a comparison of odds & payouts between the current and new game.

At least they are increasing the payouts for the lower prizes.  My only hope is that I can win more of the lower prizes while I wait for the BIG ONE!!!

Hope this helps.

Yes, that's where I went -- Wikipedia.  Wiki disclosed the info that our state lottery commission was unwilling to share; you know, the DOWN-SIDE to the New Deal.  The sudden growth of the number line.  The jump to 47.

I'm afraid they're just going to keep it up until there aren't any middle-road games left to play, until all we have are games with low prizes or super high, nearly-impossible to win jackpots.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Bummer, man.

They know they can get away with it. What else is new Disapprove

That money's gone fo ever

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2013, 10:21 am - IP Logged

They know they can get away with it. What else is new Disapprove

Yep, and the only way they would ever listen to the players is if the players, in a concerted action, could affect the bottom line somehow.

Which they easily could if they worked together. But they won't.

So the only hope would be if the change is egregious enough to turn enough people away on an individual basis to make a difference. Which is doubtful.

And that's the name o' dat tune.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

The friend at work is a major lottery enthusiast, spends a lot, and has a principle to not keep track of expenditure (that would take the fun out of it). 

On Pick 3 I play Any Order most of the time to keep things simple (and cheap).   So no, I did not win on straights.  But I am working on some charts now to help with exact position.  It will simply be a challenge to maintain the charts, keep them updated, with the kind of schedule I keep.  Did I mention that my day job interferes with my part-time lottery job?

All I need is a jackpot, baby.

I usually play exact/any.  A little less if you hit any, but a lot more if you hit exact.  But like I said, I've never won so my method is definitely not proven.  lol

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #76087
                    June 18, 2009
                    859 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2013, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I usually play exact/any.  A little less if you hit any, but a lot more if you hit exact.  But like I said, I've never won so my method is definitely not proven.  lol

Oh yes, I also play Exact/Any, if I have a strong feeling about a certain position.  I've been playing some Exact over the past week but the thing I'm expecting hasn't happened yet. 4 in the middle, any day now...

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Broken Arrow Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #85721
                      January 21, 2010
                      160 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2013, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

"I feel your pain Ronnie, Oklahoma has a taxes paid game called Cash Five(5) where you can win $25,000 taxes paid it's a Computer Generated game.  I think we've only had 1or 2 winners this year alone on the game. And they wonder why sales our down."

Cash 5 numbers don't have a random feel to them.  I think that they use that computer to parse the tickets sold and then pick out some numbers to keep the prizes low.

When I lived in Idaho we had a Wild Card game for 50 cents a play.  It was a great game.

Hot Lotto was my game , one time hit 4 out of 5 for $50.  Are the fun days over?  Maybe Powerball will go to $3 soon.  Heard MM was going to $2.

Home, home where I wanted to be.