Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Exactly 7 years ago I joined Lottery Post.

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2013, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I used to lurk in the shadows until I decided to officially join LP on April 14, 2006. Its been a wonderful ride.

If you ask me what I have learnt in the 7 years I have been a member I will tell you 3 things.

1. It does not matter whether its quickpicks or your numbers, playing is the most important thing.

Quickpicks win more because they are easy to do and its valid to assume that most people would go for the easier task. 

2. Money can destroy even the best of friendships and marriages. Its crucial you sober up in the event you win the lottery.

3. Pacing yourself when playing is crucial. I used to be hypnotized by the colourful scratch tickets behind the counters promising me a good life and so

without thinking about it I would buy a few and it took a lot of will power to quit the scratch ticket habit. Its the only lottery battle I've ever won.

Good job Todd for creating and maintaining LP. I'm looking forward to 7 more years Cheers

That money's gone fo ever

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2013, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I used to lurk in the shadows until I decided to officially join LP on April 14, 2006. Its been a wonderful ride.

If you ask me what I have learnt in the 7 years I have been a member I will tell you 3 things.

1. It does not matter whether its quickpicks or your numbers, playing is the most important thing.

Quickpicks win more because they are easy to do and its valid to assume that most people would go for the easier task. 

2. Money can destroy even the best of friendships and marriages. Its crucial you sober up in the event you win the lottery.

3. Pacing yourself when playing is crucial. I used to be hypnotized by the colourful scratch tickets behind the counters promising me a good life and so

without thinking about it I would buy a few and it took a lot of will power to quit the scratch ticket habit. Its the only lottery battle I've ever won.

Good job Todd for creating and maintaining LP. I'm looking forward to 7 more years Cheers

Congrats Ringo, you passed the 7 year itch- those are words of wisdom when talking about the lottery, kind of you to pass them on.
    Long may you run Ringo.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5118 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Ringo, you passed the 7 year itch- those are words of wisdom when talking about the lottery, kind of you to pass them on.
      Long may you run Ringo.

Party

Congrat's>>>on pass'n the TEST>>>>>>>>>>>>magoma>>>>>>>>>>!!!

DanceJack-in-the-BoxDance

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on you lucky number 7!

A lot of what you shared is conveyed in your previous signature line. I miss reading it every time you post. It was a three part sobering reality.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4106 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Party

Congrat's>>>on pass'n the TEST>>>>>>>>>>>>magoma>>>>>>>>>>!!!

DanceJack-in-the-BoxDance

Jack Sparrow: What? You've seen it all, done it all.Survived. That's the trick isn't it? To survive? 

Captain Teague: It's not just about living forever, Jackie. The trick is still living with yourself forever.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2013, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

PartyHappy Anniversary, maringoman!Party

Cheers

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

congrats on 7 years here!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2013, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate ,    psykomo Original Bey ,  rdgrnr maximumfun

Thank you, I never thought I'd hang around for 7 years or that LP would be this vibrant. Looking forward to the next 7

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40376 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Happy Anniversary, CheersParty

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2013, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Thanks sully16 I shall drink to that, w00t!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2013, 5:14 am - IP Logged

Happy Anniversay Hurray!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                        Member #122468
                        February 1, 2012
                        530 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2013, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi maringoman,

Congrats on your 7 years as a member. May you continue to be a member of LP for many more years to come. I liked the 3 things you learned. Congrats on kicking our scatch ticket habit.

Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2013, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

dallascowboyfan  &  shyguitar thankyou

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19767 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Let it Snow Snowman

Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: April 15, 2013, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you helpmewin Big Smile