Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Megaplier, Powerplay

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 4 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you play neither, one, or both?

Megaplier and Powerplay [ 10 ]  [30.30%]
Megaplier, no Powerplay [ 3 ]  [9.09%]
Powerplay no Megaplier [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
Extra $1 goes to the higher jackpot [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Neither, $1 MM, $2 PB, that's it [ 12 ]  [36.36%]
Other [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2013, 12:13 am - IP Logged

How do we "be water"?  White Bounce

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. By Bruce, Lee.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. By Bruce, Lee.

Yes, Sensei.

Wax on, wax off.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19908 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2013, 12:24 am - IP Logged

would tea work i like tea

Let it Snow Snowman

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2013, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Two Big Winners with Powerplay tonight! I guess we know how they voted - lol

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Good for them...that extra dollar became a "million dollar dollar"

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

For those who play both Mega Millions and Powerball, when it comes to the Megaplier or Powerplay do you play one or the other, both, or neither.

Looking at results it appears very few people play them.

The MM sometimes I do but PB is $2 now and I just dont fell like kicking over the extra dollar a line... I liked it when I could slap down $10 bucks and get my 5 lines w/pp

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
              Kentucky
              United States
              Member #35086
              March 12, 2006
              10374 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2013, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I  sledom  play  the  PB   game  ever  since  they   raised  the   price

And the few times I do  ,  I seldom play the  Powerplay  with it

And  only  one  ticket

I  dont  like  greedy  people   ( or  greedy games  )  like  PB  has  become 

Mega  Millions  I  play  more  often  ,  but  still  not  every  draw

When I play Mega  Millions  ,  I usually play 3.00..........one ticket with the  Megaplier where I choose my own numbers  ,  and one regular  QP   without  Megaplier

Last   draw  I  hit  2  of  the  5   and had  the  Mega  Ball  also   , on the  ticket I played with the Megaplier ,  where I chose my own numbers

But it was only   2x   ,  and  like  Ridge  said ,   it  seems  it  usually  is  2x  whenever  I  hit  on   it

Never  hit  one  number  on   the   QP   I    played 

They need to pay more on the lower tier prizes , but  I  am sure that aint  gonna  happen

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11982 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2013, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

The MM sometimes I do but PB is $2 now and I just dont fell like kicking over the extra dollar a line... I liked it when I could slap down $10 bucks and get my 5 lines w/pp

Have you bought a $20 Powerball ticket?

US Flag

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11982 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2013, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Good for them...that extra dollar became a "million dollar dollar"

Scared

Senseless lottery playing can bring luck to some.LOL

US Flag

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                    NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3707 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Both.

But I'm gettin' tired of it. Neither one of 'em really pays Jack unless you get 4 + 1 anyway.

And it seems like everytime I get something on MM, the Megaplier is 2X.

Think I'm gonna cut 'em aloose.

I basically agree with you Ridge.   

But I voted "other" because I found another way I could waste an extra buck.  But ya gotta be in New York to do it.  I play NY's Sweet Million, and I play the same set of 6 numbers twice on a single ticket.  That probably sounds crazy to you, but there is a method to my madness.  Sweet Million is not pari-mutuel for the first 5 JP winners.  So if by some miracle my two lines of the same set of six numbers were drawn, I'd win two million as opposed to one million.  I do this because the odds of winning this 6/40 game are 3,838,383 to 1.  PB odds with the PP added is greater than 5 million to 1 to win two million bucks.   

I'd hate to have happen to me what happened to a guy in upstate NY a while ago.

A guy went into a deli located right down the street from his house.  He asked for a QP MM ticket.  The lady who owns the deli punched up his ticket and said "Two dollars."  The guy said he only wanted one line.  She says "Oh I'm sorry.  I accidentally hit the Megaplier button."  He says "I dont want it."  She says "No problem" and punched him up a one dollar QP.   You know where this is going, dont you?

She didnt cancel the 2 dollar ticket.  Instead she bought it for herself.  She won $1,000,000.  It was in all of the newspapers and on the TV news.  He knows what happened.  How'd you like to be him and every time you walked or drove past that deli and have to think to yourself "My million dollars is inside that deli with that lady."

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #77815
                      August 1, 2009
                      3460 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't play powerplay because I am playing to win the JACKPOT! I might feel differently about Mega Millions when it arrives in Florida next month.

The return of A Dollar and A Dream.

Guess Who's Back?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

I basically agree with you Ridge.   

But I voted "other" because I found another way I could waste an extra buck.  But ya gotta be in New York to do it.  I play NY's Sweet Million, and I play the same set of 6 numbers twice on a single ticket.  That probably sounds crazy to you, but there is a method to my madness.  Sweet Million is not pari-mutuel for the first 5 JP winners.  So if by some miracle my two lines of the same set of six numbers were drawn, I'd win two million as opposed to one million.  I do this because the odds of winning this 6/40 game are 3,838,383 to 1.  PB odds with the PP added is greater than 5 million to 1 to win two million bucks.   

I'd hate to have happen to me what happened to a guy in upstate NY a while ago.

A guy went into a deli located right down the street from his house.  He asked for a QP MM ticket.  The lady who owns the deli punched up his ticket and said "Two dollars."  The guy said he only wanted one line.  She says "Oh I'm sorry.  I accidentally hit the Megaplier button."  He says "I dont want it."  She says "No problem" and punched him up a one dollar QP.   You know where this is going, dont you?

She didnt cancel the 2 dollar ticket.  Instead she bought it for herself.  She won $1,000,000.  It was in all of the newspapers and on the TV news.  He knows what happened.  How'd you like to be him and every time you walked or drove past that deli and have to think to yourself "My million dollars is inside that deli with that lady."

I always take the mistakes, GiveFive.

I even have a slogan for it:

"If a ticket's a mistake, it's a ticket you must take"

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5124 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2013, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

How do we "be water"?  White Bounce

RDGR:

Let Down UR Bucket and "DRINK"

PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  "THINK"

DanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDance

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5124 Posts
                            Posted: April 20, 2013, 3:09 am - IP Logged

RDGR:

Let Down UR Bucket and "DRINK"

PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  "THINK"

DanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDanceWhite BounceDance

oh my GOD>>>>>>>>::::::::::

psyko ask TODD>>>LP::::::::::

let DOWN UR great  LP::::::::::

REPORT >>LP>>(Lottery New'$ correctly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONOT "BLOCK" member's :(POST!!!)

don't cut & paste member's (POST!!!)

hell >just> give > psyko>menber>(on D internet) 10 year's ago >>>we THOUGHT >>PEOPLE>>

woud >>>  enjoy> our>>MUSIC>>>>>>>>>>>> 10 year's ago>>>we THOUGHT>>PEOPLE>>

WOULD>>ENJOY>>MUSIC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Todd would enjoy> MuSIC>>>>>>PEOPLE>>

were so caught >>>UP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Todd was on D bottom of D>>>>>BUBBLE>>!

Todd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(TODD) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!

Todd>>began>>2>>pull>>outta>>D>>"bubble"!

yes>>>>>>YES>>>>>>>(T) >>TODD>>>outta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"D">>"BUBBLE" >>thank U Todd>>

LP>>Party>>Party>>"GREAT">>!