Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think the lottery if "fixed" in any way?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I probably can have any number they want come up those tubes. To have the the same number four days in a roll,thats simply not possible!

If you were as seasoned as I am You'd know that randomness can come in clumps, then go back. That's why it's random, anything can happen, no rhyme or reason. It doesn't have to make sense. Bottom line. lol

ROFL

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Onlymoney writes,

"I have to admit that with computer draws, I have no defense. Just about anything can be done with programs, as such Todd spoke of years ago. Modified programs that delete themselves after completing their mission."

Makes a good movie plot involving the lottery.

Please don't steal my script. Green laugh

I'll find you. lol

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

I do, especially the pick three games.

i forgot to say welcome littlemike See Ya! anyway if you what to see the state report cards you can

Let it Snow Snowman

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19964 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Onlymoney writes,

"I have to admit that with computer draws, I have no defense. Just about anything can be done with programs, as such Todd spoke of years ago. Modified programs that delete themselves after completing their mission."

Makes a good movie plot involving the lottery.

Please don't steal my script. Green laugh

I'll find you. lol

LOL don't make me sides hurt from laughing tonight

Let it Snow Snowman

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3159 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

I often wonder if State lotteries pay foreign exchange students to smile and hold fake checks.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7341 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

delaware is computer generated but they can still cheat  which they do  a lot

Last year in one month Kentucky paid out 97% of their Pick-3 ticket sales in prizes and just last week, North Carolina paid out $7.4 million on one Pick-4 drawing. Both of those lotteries are ball drawn, but an RNG could be programmed not to draw heavily played combinations. Triples and Quads always have more than average play, but there are lots of other combos if drawn could cut into the profits.

I'm not saying the RNGs are not programmed to be random, but how many people have seen those programs?

chengcheng714's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              nc
              United States
              Member #71524
              February 27, 2009
              299 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Last year in one month Kentucky paid out 97% of their Pick-3 ticket sales in prizes and just last week, North Carolina paid out $7.4 million on one Pick-4 drawing. Both of those lotteries are ball drawn, but an RNG could be programmed not to draw heavily played combinations. Triples and Quads always have more than average play, but there are lots of other combos if drawn could cut into the profits.

I'm not saying the RNGs are not programmed to be random, but how many people have seen those programs?

nc is cheaters predraw numbers then deside which to let come. as far as 2222 hell it is about time they pay something. everytime a numbers blocked they make money.but yet u have streets not fixed yet laying teachers off.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

LOL it's fixed until I win big...then it would not be fixed LOL

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7713 Posts
                  Posted: April 25, 2013, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely not. If you're not winning it's because of the odds of the games...that's all. I don't understand it when I read people saying that "such and such state CHEATS." How do they cheat? Can you prove it? Just because a same number is drawn a few times in a row? What does that mean really? Same thing happens in roulette or video keno. I see some numbers come up quite a few times in a row and then they fall out and cycle back through later. Guess you can call all gambling games a cheat then. Or...is it just....randomness??

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5142 Posts
                    Posted: April 25, 2013, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

LM:

Don't Thinking of...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKO will "UnFix" it 4U   DancePartyDance

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: April 25, 2013, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely not. If you're not winning it's because of the odds of the games...that's all. I don't understand it when I read people saying that "such and such state CHEATS." How do they cheat? Can you prove it? Just because a same number is drawn a few times in a row? What does that mean really? Same thing happens in roulette or video keno. I see some numbers come up quite a few times in a row and then they fall out and cycle back through later. Guess you can call all gambling games a cheat then. Or...is it just....randomness??

But why do they need to do 3 pretests and 3 post tests?

Is it to make sure the machine is working properly? Well, the more they use the machines, the sooner they will fail do to wear and tear. Like the other poster said, it's like going out to your car every 15 minutes to start it just to make sure it starts. That starter won't last as long as someone who doesn't do it, so what the lottery is doing makes no sense unless they're purposely trying to make sure patterns don't develop.

In their attempt to make sure the machines work properly, they are simultaneously defeating the whole purpose by expediting the wear and tear. Basically shooting themselves in the foot. And that's why i believe the reason is false, it's just an excuse. And If they think we're that stupid to believe such nonsense, they're the ones that must be dumb. BS

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3502 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

But why do they need to do 3 pretests and 3 post tests?

Is it to make sure the machine is working properly? Well, the more they use the machines, the sooner they will fail do to wear and tear. Like the other poster said, it's like going out to your car every 15 minutes to start it just to make sure it starts. That starter won't last as long as someone who doesn't do it, so what the lottery is doing makes no sense unless they're purposely trying to make sure patterns don't develop.

In their attempt to make sure the machines work properly, they are simultaneously defeating the whole purpose by expediting the wear and tear. Basically shooting themselves in the foot. And that's why i believe the reason is false, it's just an excuse. And If they think we're that stupid to believe such nonsense, they're the ones that must be dumb. BS

It's really very simple. If you know they do the tests (and that information is availale to anyone who wants t know) you know which drawing will be the one that matters.

As for patterns developing, how will more drawings keep patterns from developing? If you think that knowing what has happened in the past is going to help, the test draws means there's more information to use.

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2013, 1:18 am - IP Logged

It's really very simple. If you know they do the tests (and that information is availale to anyone who wants t know) you know which drawing will be the one that matters.

As for patterns developing, how will more drawings keep patterns from developing? If you think that knowing what has happened in the past is going to help, the test draws means there's more information to use.

Please correct me, but I don't know which set is being used, and on what rotation schedule. They go out of their way to suppress information, keeping the masses at bay.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: April 26, 2013, 1:23 am - IP Logged

As for patterns developing, how will more drawings keep patterns from developing?

You're missing the point. I said they purposely disrupt the natural fllow of numbers by interrupting the flow with assumptions, whether those assumptions are right or not doesn't matter, the disruption to the flow was successfull. A ripple throwing a monkey wrench into the picture.

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2013, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Look, bottom line, they go out of their way to deceive.