Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Improvements to lottery results pages

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 4 years ago by luckyshoes.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

This morning I did a site update that included several improvements to the state results pages, as well as several other parts of the site.

The most significant change is a new feature on all state (and providence and country) lottery results pages that allows you to view results for a particular date in history in addition to the latest results, using a calendar picker control.

You will notice that right under the state name there is a selector for quickly changing to a different state, as well as a calendar picker on the right side.  The calendar picker starts off with "Latest Results" shown, but if you click the calendar icon, you can select a different date from the calendar that pops up.

Standard members and Guests can view up to one year back for each state, but Gold and Platinum members can go back to any date in history for each state.

(If you are unfamiliar with the state results pages, you would access them by clicking "Lottery Results" on the left side of any page, and then click on a state on the map.  Or, you would hover your mouse over "Results" in the blue menu bar above, then hover over United States or one of the other countries/jurisdictions, then click on a state.)

Another improvement to the results pages is that when a state conducts more than one drawing on a day for a game, for example if they have a bonus drawing on a particular day, the state results page will display that extra drawing.

For example, Pennsylvania has bonus drawings for several of its games that happen at random during each month.  Previously, those bonus drawings would only be displayed in Lottery Post's past results pages, but now they are displayed on the main results page.  Here is the Pennsylvania lottery results for April 20, 2013 — notice how the Big 4 Evening drawing shows the extra Double Draw (and how it is actually labeled "Double Draw").

One more improvement to the results pages is that each state now has a dedicated Raffles Results and Special Draws page showing all the raffles and special draws for the state.  Previously, only the past two years of raffles and special draws were shown on the results pages.

To access the complete list of raffles and special results for a state, click the "See Complete List" link in Raffles section of the results page (at the bottom of the results grid).  If you don't see a Raffles section, then we don't have any raffles or special draws in our database for the state.

Other site changes/improvements:

• Upgraded to latest version of jQuery for performance improvements and bug fixes
  • Upgraded mobile framework to latest release for better performance for smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
  • Fixed the Lunar Calendar to correctly display the full-size rendering of the current moon phase
  • Many other minor bug fixes and performance improvements on various pages

As always, if you notice any bugs or other issues when using the site, particularly the new features, please let me know.  I test the best I can across a wide variety of devices and browsers, but it is always possible that a bug could slip by my notice.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

This morning I did a site update that included several improvements to the state results pages, as well as several other parts of the site.

The most significant change is a new feature on all state (and providence and country) lottery results pages that allows you to view results for a particular date in history in addition to the latest results, using a calendar picker control.

You will notice that right under the state name there is a selector for quickly changing to a different state, as well as a calendar picker on the right side.  The calendar picker starts off with "Latest Results" shown, but if you click the calendar icon, you can select a different date from the calendar that pops up.

Standard members and Guests can view up to one year back for each state, but Gold and Platinum members can go back to any date in history for each state.

(If you are unfamiliar with the state results pages, you would access them by clicking "Lottery Results" on the left side of any page, and then click on a state on the map.  Or, you would hover your mouse over "Results" in the blue menu bar above, then hover over United States or one of the other countries/jurisdictions, then click on a state.)

Another improvement to the results pages is that when a state conducts more than one drawing on a day for a game, for example if they have a bonus drawing on a particular day, the state results page will display that extra drawing.

For example, Pennsylvania has bonus drawings for several of its games that happen at random during each month.  Previously, those bonus drawings would only be displayed in Lottery Post's past results pages, but now they are displayed on the main results page.  Here is the Pennsylvania lottery results for April 20, 2013 — notice how the Big 4 Evening drawing shows the extra Double Draw (and how it is actually labeled "Double Draw").

One more improvement to the results pages is that each state now has a dedicated Raffles Results and Special Draws page showing all the raffles and special draws for the state.  Previously, only the past two years of raffles and special draws were shown on the results pages.

To access the complete list of raffles and special results for a state, click the "See Complete List" link in Raffles section of the results page (at the bottom of the results grid).  If you don't see a Raffles section, then we don't have any raffles or special draws in our database for the state.

• Upgraded to latest version of jQuery for performance improvements and bug fixes
    • Upgraded mobile framework to latest release for better performance for smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
    • Fixed the Lunar Calendar to correctly display the full-size rendering of the current moon phase

As always, if you notice any bugs or other issues when using the site, particularly the new features, please let me know.  I test the best I can across a wide variety of devices and browsers, but it is always possible that a bug could slip by my notice.

You da man, Todd, thanks!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
      Member #81314
      October 16, 2009
      18985 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Thank you Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Banana

I really appreciate the Pick 3 & Pick 4 numbers, midday and evening on one line, it helps with my research, on followers  and what numbers hit with each other, in the

pick 3 & pick 4,  great improvement.

Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated.

The Struggle is real!

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Thanks, the site is awesomely as ever.

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40348 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2013, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Cool, thanks Todd.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19767 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2013, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Yeah Thanks  Blue Angel

Let it Snow Snowman

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
              Wyncote,Pa
              United States
              Member #3206
              January 3, 2004
              60714 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd,Its a wonderful experience here at LP.

You keep it fresh,thats why your're second to none.

BreakingBad94's avatar - tumblr m7404b0Zj51qieieio1_250.jpg
                Alpharetta, GA
                United States
                Member #140980
                April 1, 2013
                88 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd! Its pretty cool here! Although I think there is still a bug around in the results page, how come when I click on the "Get results on my cellphone" button it brings me up  to a site search? :/

"You are a wealthy man now. One must learn to be rich. To be poor, anyone can manage. " -- Gus Fring from Breaking Bad

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd! Its pretty cool here! Although I think there is still a bug around in the results page, how come when I click on the "Get results on my cellphone" button it brings me up  to a site search? :/

Because that feature is not available.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                    Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #35086
                    March 12, 2006
                    10374 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Amazing    Updates    !!!!!! 

I  really   like   that     Calendar    Feature

Thanks    Todd    Hurray!

tnhope's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #33215
                      February 19, 2006
                      57 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

thank you mr. toddBananaLP got some improvements

TypeLearn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can... there may come a time when you will be grateful you did. - Sarah Caldwell

Where do numbers go to do their homework?

The Times Table

i luv cherry popsicles

''It$ what you learn after you know everything that count$.''

-John Wooden

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Almost as if it were planned, the Pennsylvania Lottery had a Double Draw today in the midday Quinto game.  Nice to see that the new feature worked perfectlySmile

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                          Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #35086
                          March 12, 2006
                          10374 Posts
                          Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Almost as if it were planned, the Pennsylvania Lottery had a Double Draw today in the midday Quinto game.  Nice to see that the new feature worked perfectlySmile

It   Nailed    It         (   Perfecto  )    !!!!!!!      Hurray!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                            Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

That kix you know what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!

Smash

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #130213
                              July 9, 2012
                              387 Posts
                              Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd, I have a great idea. Its the "SLIDER PICK3/PICK4 RNG". I see it as a Horizontal scroll bar, going thru a range of SUMS (Pick3, 0-27 | Pick4, 0-36). As you move thru the range, a randomly selected combo appears. I have the SQL to generate the random picks by sum, if you want to pursue this idea.