Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you split the MM/PB jackpot evenly amongst family members if you Won?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Or would you tell them you will look into giving them Something?

If asked " define Something" what would be your response?- This question would obviously come from your brothers or sisters.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19967 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

If asked " define Something" what would be your response?- This question would obviously come from your brothers or sisters.

can you define family What?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

can you define family What?

This question would obviously come from your brothers or sisters.

u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19967 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

This question would obviously come from your brothers or sisters.

what is you don't have any What?

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Well throw in your cousins, distant relatives- l take it you have those?

u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19967 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Well throw in your cousins, distant relatives- l take it you have those?

No Nod

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              Whiskey Island
              United States
              Member #90216
              April 24, 2010
              12809 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!      No Nod

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4146 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Well lets make an exception in your case- " Imagine you have brothers and sisters and they asked you the following" Define Something?

What would your response be?

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Buddha.

Why are you believing in traditions and sayings handed down to you from Buddha?

Your quote betrays your post.

u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19967 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Well lets make an exception in your case- " Imagine you have brothers and sisters and they asked you the following" Define Something?

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Buddha.

that's weird you would post this i just read about this guy yesterday:

He Left a Fortune, to No One Mr. Blum, a Holocaust survivor and real estate developer, left behind no heirs and no surviving family members his former wife died in 1992 and the couple was childless.

He hid $40,000 in the ceiling of his bathroom

Mr. Blum had about $4 million in cash in his checking account. His house was put on the market for $729,000 and is now in contract, and an eight-acre parcel he owned on Forest Avenue, worth about $4.5 million, is also in contract. A safe deposit box had more than 70 $100 bills, coins from Canada and South Africa, and gold jewelry including a watch, a bracelet, cuff links, several necklaces and a ring.

Mr. Blum’s few remaining personal items, including photographs and a book on the Holocaust, have been put in a box in the basement of the public administrator, where they will remain sealed unless claimed by a blood relative.

Once Mr. Gotlin completes liquidating the assets, and if investigators fail to find a will or surviving kin, whatever money is remaining from Mr. Blum’s estate will be passed to the city’s Department of Finance. If, after three years, no one comes forward, the money would go to the state comptroller’s office of unclaimed funds, which has $12 billion in its accounts dating to 1943. That office keeps a portion of the estate and transfers a portion to the state’s general fund. If an heir comes forward, the entire amount is returned.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                    Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12809 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Buddha.

noise-gate ,

My post in no way betrays my quote from Buddha !! You must define everything for your self never let anyone guide or misled you from your own path .Traditions are nothing at all ! They are  just away to keep control of the next generation. You have a complete mis-understanding of the quote .

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I would not give them combined more than 10% of the jp. I wouldn't expect anybody to give me more than 10% of their jp either. I am a huge believer in self reliance, ofcourse with a little help here and there.

That money's gone fo ever

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4146 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate ,

My post in no way betrays my quote from Buddha !! You must define everything for your self never let anyone guide or misled you from your own path .Traditions are nothing at all ! They are  just away to keep control of the next generation. You have a complete mis-understanding of the quote .

Whatever floats your boat.

Buddha & his sayings have zero impact on my life and mean absolutely Nothing to me.Let It All Out

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I have two sisters and one brother (that is not on drugs)...and Ive always said Id split anything over 100 million actual cash value within the four of us...that way they could help whoever they'd want to kids friends etc...and anything under 100 million I'd just give them gifts and pay off thier bills so they could retire...they are all older than me and they've all taken good care of me over the years and since our parents are dead this would be the best I could do for them...monetary wise anyway

Hallfamily8's avatar - tails
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #139479
                            February 24, 2013
                            21 Posts
                            Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

No but I would split a percentage of my win
                            This is a fun question!!
                            If I won the pb..
                            I would give to my mom for a very comfy retirement
                            My 4 and 6 yr old neice and nephew college funds
                            My sister under me is a hard working single mom would get her share for a house nd things like that.
                            Now on to my younger brother and sister both under the age of 22 (-_-)..
                            Absolutely positively no lump sum gift to those 2. They are just not responsible yet.
                            They would wizz anything substantial on fancy cars, motorcycles, video games,  clothes, shoes, tigers even magic beans probably. They would get a very meager monthly stipend to cover living expenses and only if they are in college. If they get upset about it meh tough cookie.
                            They better not ask for a set amount either , I think what you are willing to give should be good enough.

Sure.. There's Always a chance..Wink
                            Give unto Cesar what is Cesars and give unto God what is Gods

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4146 Posts
                              Posted: April 30, 2013, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

You have Fun answers. l like that..Big Smile

You seem to have your head about you and that's great. You know the ones that will look a gift horse in the mouth so tospeak.