Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you split the MM/PB jackpot evenly amongst family members if you Won?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19828 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

lol.....you have guts but it is a losing effort.

LOL

BreakingBad94's avatar - tumblr m7404b0Zj51qieieio1_250.jpg
    Alpharetta, GA
    United States
    Member #140980
    April 1, 2013
    88 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

I have to give it to you, this is really a tricky question. For me I think it would be 20% MAX, I mean come on I bought the ticket so I get most of the money. But with that 20% I'm sure they would be happy with the amount.

"You are a wealthy man now. One must learn to be rich. To be poor, anyone can manage. " -- Gus Fring from Breaking Bad

Japan
      Member #131605
      August 14, 2012
      372 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2013, 12:19 am - IP Logged

I'm splitting with  my Brother and Sister. Now ofcourse we will give a little here an there to our other family but nothing big. I'm thinking of giving the older folks less, it makes sence. Such as I'd give my cousine 100 grand but my Aunt and Uncle might give 50 grand.

Now... when I started playing I always said I will split 3 ways between us but now it will be split two ways an we take an amount from that to give to the other. Reason being is I send money specificaly for lotteries here an there. Like recently I sent for my Brother (in FL) to get some powerball (multi draw) if it were to win I feel like we should get more since it was my money and he was the one to actualy go to the 'right store at the right time'. Then we'd each take some an gve to our sister. I.E. If 60millioin we each get 30. then take maybe 7million of each leaving us with 23million an her with 14million.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2013, 6:48 am - IP Logged

lol.....you have guts but it is a losing effort.

That weird to say when you further behind me in the race yourself...how ironic

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2013, 6:53 am - IP Logged

silly me Thud

I was going to use another "s" word LOL

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4791 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2013, 7:08 am - IP Logged

LOL

lol Funny how no one questions my literacy and everyone questions his. He always sounds like a mentally handicapped rapper.

"when you further?"  lol  And there is a big diffence betwen you're, and your.

J'aime La France.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #61435
              May 22, 2008
              908 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

To answer the original question, HELL NO!

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2013, 10:01 am - IP Logged

lol Funny how no one questions my literacy and everyone questions his. He always sounds like a mentally handicapped rapper.

"when you further?"  lol  And there is a big diffence betwen you're, and your.

Wasnt questioning your illiteracy....We all know you went to college...that's why your here all the time...spreading your "knowledge"...Your expensive education really comes in handy on a message board

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                  Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1276 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2013, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

No.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                   - George Orwell

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: May 5, 2013, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

LOL

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

Bronx, NY
                      United States
                      Member #124198
                      March 8, 2012
                      105 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I would give half to my dad. He's always been there for me and deserves it. Assuming I won over $100 million...I would give about $5 million to one of my sisters, so she can live more comfortably and have enough to take care of my nieces and nephews. I would only give about $500,000 to my other sister (we don't get along). Probably give the same to my mother (we don't get along either). All other relatives (maybe 10) would get no more than $100,000 each. I think that's a generous amount where people can pay off bills, take a nice vacation and maybe put a down payment on a house or car. My best friend I would give about $2-3 million. So other than my dad's half...I would be right around the 10% mark. Everyone would have to understand that this is a ONE time gift. Unless there is a medical emergency I will NOT be dishing out any more money. Thinking I might actually make them sign contracts to that effect.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2013, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I would give half to my dad. He's always been there for me and deserves it. Assuming I won over $100 million...I would give about $5 million to one of my sisters, so she can live more comfortably and have enough to take care of my nieces and nephews. I would only give about $500,000 to my other sister (we don't get along). Probably give the same to my mother (we don't get along either). All other relatives (maybe 10) would get no more than $100,000 each. I think that's a generous amount where people can pay off bills, take a nice vacation and maybe put a down payment on a house or car. My best friend I would give about $2-3 million. So other than my dad's half...I would be right around the 10% mark. Everyone would have to understand that this is a ONE time gift. Unless there is a medical emergency I will NOT be dishing out any more money. Thinking I might actually make them sign contracts to that effect.

Thinking I might actually make them sign contracts to that effect.

I thought about that too. Anyone receiving money should sign an agreement that its one time only.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                          Gurnee, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #49731
                          February 12, 2007
                          917 Posts
                          Posted: May 8, 2013, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Not just No! But hell NO! Now would I help certain members of my family out? Sure I would. But first of all, only my closest brother would really know, and if anyone tried to bring it up, I would say I invested in the lottery and my investment paid off. It is the same as if I invested in name your corporation like Apple, Google, etc. you would not come running to me to give you any part of my profits from those investments, so why do you feel this is any different? See I would throw it back at anyone who tried to hit me up. But good luck catching up with me as I would be busy traveling the world in first class style...only suckers remain a sitting target for harassment!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4108 Posts
                            Posted: May 9, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

" if anyone tried to bring it up, I would say I invested in the lottery and my investment paid off. It is the same as if I invested in name your corporation like Apple, Google, etc. you would not come running to me to give you any part of my profits from those investments, so why do you feel this is any different? See I would throw it back at anyone who tried to hit me up."

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4108 Posts
                              Posted: May 10, 2013, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I have to give it to you, this is really a tricky question. For me I think it would be 20% MAX, I mean come on I bought the ticket so I get most of the money. But with that 20% I'm sure they would be happy with the amount.

You hoping 20% will be enough Break.l think the trick is not telling them how much you won.
                              Then again one can always say l invested the rest and there are penalties for early withdrawals.End of Story