Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Destiny

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124814
March 20, 2012
219 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2013, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Masone,

What about the same QP being sold in different locations?

I don't know if that has happened with a jackpot winner in a 5 + 1 game but it certainly has in a 5/39 one.

"Double destiny"?

2 locations, 3 locations, it doesn't really matter. It's all the same.

Think about this: the winning powerball numbers were 10-13-14-22-52 and 11. The winning numbers were printed via Quick Pick. Now ask yourself this question, how many locations printed this specific set of numbers? 1. What could you have done at your specific lotto buying location to generate this specific set of numbers on a QP? Absolutely nothing. Because no matter what you or anyone else did, your location and the millions of other stores were never going to QP those numbers out, only that specific location in Florida.

Only that specific location was going to QP those numbers out? Well that means that you never stood a chance at anywhere but that store in Florida. It's like buying a scratcher from a batch that has no winners, you never stood a chance.

I kinda veered off course in my original post, you can certainly combat this aspect by picking your own numbers. There's destiny, and then there's destiny, and I didn't want to get too deep into that and start talking about fate, free-will and the events that lead up to certain events. Just the lotto.

Think about it like this: let's say the drawing takes place before you have the ability to buy tickets for it(and the numbers are 1-4-29-43-55 and 30), but no one knows the numbers. You go to stores and buy the QP, but that location was never going to give you those numbers. It's a losing situation, because the next 50 million QPs from that location were never going to be 1-4-29-43-55 and 30. It's the losing batch of scratchers, you never stood a chance.

So picture a thought bubble above every corner store, every gas station or what have you, and in the thought bubbles lies every combination that store will give out via QP for the next drawing, and assume the drawing has already took place and the numbers are 1-4-29-43-55 and 30. The store(s) with that specific combination are predetermined, everywhere else is loser's central.

Toronto
    Canada
    Member #138397
    January 26, 2013
    179 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

basically you're defining the word destiny. Because we know the winning numbers last week now, you're calling it destiny, you're calling it fate. Then sure, 

if you define it that way, go ahead.

But you're looking at it the wrong way. It's not the QPs or whatever spitting out the "right numbers". It's the big draw machine spitting out the "right" numbers.

it doesn't matter whether you're in california or michigan or whatever. That QP or self pick number means nothing at that point. It's just whether the 

right numbers for you came out on the day of the draw. I hope that kind of makes sense. It's hard to explain

United States
      Member #106134
      February 13, 2011
      806 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2013, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

It is destiny, and I'm destined to never win. Unhappy

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3850 Posts
        Posted: May 21, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

If you think you can, you can. if you think you can't, you can't

either way you're right.

I believe that is attributed to Henry Ford.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2013, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

You can be a winner without winning the lottery. Look at me, IMA winner. Yes Nod

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

2 locations, 3 locations, it doesn't really matter. It's all the same.

Think about this: the winning powerball numbers were 10-13-14-22-52 and 11. The winning numbers were printed via Quick Pick. Now ask yourself this question, how many locations printed this specific set of numbers? 1. What could you have done at your specific lotto buying location to generate this specific set of numbers on a QP? Absolutely nothing. Because no matter what you or anyone else did, your location and the millions of other stores were never going to QP those numbers out, only that specific location in Florida.

Only that specific location was going to QP those numbers out? Well that means that you never stood a chance at anywhere but that store in Florida. It's like buying a scratcher from a batch that has no winners, you never stood a chance.

I kinda veered off course in my original post, you can certainly combat this aspect by picking your own numbers. There's destiny, and then there's destiny, and I didn't want to get too deep into that and start talking about fate, free-will and the events that lead up to certain events. Just the lotto.

Think about it like this: let's say the drawing takes place before you have the ability to buy tickets for it(and the numbers are 1-4-29-43-55 and 30), but no one knows the numbers. You go to stores and buy the QP, but that location was never going to give you those numbers. It's a losing situation, because the next 50 million QPs from that location were never going to be 1-4-29-43-55 and 30. It's the losing batch of scratchers, you never stood a chance.

So picture a thought bubble above every corner store, every gas station or what have you, and in the thought bubbles lies every combination that store will give out via QP for the next drawing, and assume the drawing has already took place and the numbers are 1-4-29-43-55 and 30. The store(s) with that specific combination are predetermined, everywhere else is loser's central.

Except RNGs dont print out a predetermined set of numbers. They change each milisecond.