Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you had the power to change certain things to the MM/ PB jackpots- what would they be?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Lowering the # of ping pong balls, payout structure- what?

London
    United Kingdom
    Member #140684
    March 24, 2013
    566 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2013, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

That you could play it online from the UK legally and safely.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2013, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Every jackpot winner in the entire country has the option to remain anonymous

Make the tally more transparent. Make it very clear how many tickets sold for every drawing at every state. Currently they only show how many winning tickets per draw, not the whole tickets.

Make the jackpot prize more transparent. Jackpot prize should be equal to the lump sum prize, not the annuity.

Lower the wager of PB back to $1. I am perfectly happy with the old PB prize structure.

Make the prizes all taxes paid.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: May 10, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

last weeks numbers

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

last weeks numbers

Green laugh

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

If the number of ping pong balls was lowered but the playslips kept the same matrixes there would be people who would still play the non-existent numbers because they were "my numbers" or "my lucky numbers."

Bang Head

You could guarantee it.

Wink

It's so rare that you hit anything I'd like to see a side bet you could make something like:

This ticket will hit:

0 numbers  Pays = ?

1 numbers  Pays = ?

2 numbers and no Mega # or PB  Pays =?

In other words, getting paid something for the most common results.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
              Joplin MO
              United States
              Member #138489
              January 28, 2013
              190 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2013, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

last weeks numbers

Better yet ... How about NEXT week's numbers?!?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Ok ill try a serious response.

i dont like all the small change prizes.  you know $4 or $7 or $15 or what ever. i would do away with  most of the prize levels,  and distribute all the money to prizes where the amount of money is actually going to make a difference.  tha would mean to me, a min prize of about $200, and a mid  prize of say $10k,  the top prize and 2nd prize could  stay the same, just redistribut all the small change.  knocking out  some prizes, like just the power ball. etc altogether.  and upping the cash for 3+pb

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Japan
                  Member #131605
                  August 14, 2012
                  372 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2013, 2:14 am - IP Logged

OK I SAY THEY BETTER CHANGE AS FOLLOWS:

Ehh Would it matter if the lottery just released the name of the Jackpot winner?  I'd say only the lottery can release the name as in you had to actualy go to the website to see it if you wanted. As in the media was not allowed to report it either. But...will that work? ha ofcourse the state aswell. I think the lottery is right on saying it helps that people know someone (whether true or not whatever) won. No state or Lottery can force photo or conference.

Prize(s) are all tax free. Why is this even an issue in the USA...pffft

There is NO difference in the annuity and cash. I.E; $270million dollars mean $270million annuity OR $270million CASH to be honest, now hear me out, if they would do this, ok, they can keep the tax. Huh? How about that Lotteries/STATE/Fed Gov? BUT... the TAX IS ONLY... ONLY the 25% deduction.

I guess that is all. I'd like it to be 1$...but that won't support the bigger jackpots faster unless it's in the well over a hundred million range. I like the waiting only about 6 draws to reach that mark!

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Make it so that no state could win the jackpot until all other states in whichever game wins...Almost like a pyramid type thing

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #129225
                      June 13, 2012
                      546 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:21 am - IP Logged

Make it so that no state could win the jackpot until all other states in whichever game wins...Almost like a pyramid type thing

The problem with that is you would have no one purchisng any tickets from the states that could not win.  The jackpot would grow like a state lottery.

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2013, 10:06 am - IP Logged

The problem with that is you would have no one purchisng any tickets from the states that could not win.  The jackpot would grow like a state lottery.

Well that's fine too though....I mean winning a couple million is better than winning just $7 wouldn't you say?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

If ever any lottery was fixed it would be that one.

As Saylorgirl hinted at, what would be the point of playing?

In a marketing glitch recently, the MUSL has decided that no one in a state that has just won a jackpot can possibly win the next jackpot. The last winner was in California and no one in that state will even play until people in all the pther paticiapting states have won. Revenue for these games is now expected to drop dramaticall as someone from each state wins, inn effect taking their state out of the running until who knows when.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #130213
                            July 9, 2012
                            387 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

In Europe you can bet on any event. The bookies just take the money and compute the odds. The MM/PB to be trust worthy should not be the ones conducting the drawings. An independent entity, devoid of any relationships with the lottery, should be conducting the drawings. If they do that then the MM/PB will be 100% fair and square.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                              Joplin MO
                              United States
                              Member #138489
                              January 28, 2013
                              190 Posts
                              Posted: May 13, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

What if "my" numbers that I have been playing for years comes up, but I'm in a state that has already won?  Do my numbers get booted out?