Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you had the power to change certain things to the MM/ PB jackpots- what would they be?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Well that's fine too though....I mean winning a couple million is better than winning just $7 wouldn't you say?

If I was only interested in winning a couple of million I would just play my state lottery which has much better odds than either the MM/PB.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Well that's fine too though....I mean winning a couple million is better than winning just $7 wouldn't you say?

Do you have any clue about how odds work? Or lotteries in general, FTM? Your chances of winning have absolutely no relationship to how many other people are playing. How much you win, OTOH, is entirely dependent on how many other people are playing.

Of course it's people that win the lottery, not states, so your idea is that much sillier.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:21 am - IP Logged

What if "my" numbers that I have been playing for years comes up, but I'm in a state that has already won?  Do my numbers get booted out?

How would you know? Heck how do you know now that it's not happening?? because they said so?? Really

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:22 am - IP Logged

If ever any lottery was fixed it would be that one.

As Saylorgirl hinted at, what would be the point of playing?

In a marketing glitch recently, the MUSL has decided that no one in a state that has just won a jackpot can possibly win the next jackpot. The last winner was in California and no one in that state will even play until people in all the pther paticiapting states have won. Revenue for these games is now expected to drop dramaticall as someone from each state wins, inn effect taking their state out of the running until who knows when.

same point as it is in playing now....

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Do you have any clue about how odds work? Or lotteries in general, FTM? Your chances of winning have absolutely no relationship to how many other people are playing. How much you win, OTOH, is entirely dependent on how many other people are playing.

Of course it's people that win the lottery, not states, so your idea is that much sillier.

Not really since it was a HYPOthetical question and NONE of the ideas or opinions will actually change the outcome of the lottery as it exist today

United States
            Member #142489
            May 13, 2013
            45 Posts
            Posted: May 14, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I like the guy who said to have all jackpot winners be totally anonymous. That I think is the MOST important thing. Otherwise you have reporters and people calling your phone every hour of the day.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
              Joplin MO
              United States
              Member #138489
              January 28, 2013
              190 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2013, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

How would you know? Heck how do you know now that it's not happening?? because they said so?? Really

Sure ... you're absolutely right!!!

I'd sure hate to find out at some point that I should have won ... by someone uncovering the fraud that took place!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19752 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2013, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Lowering the # of ping pong balls, payout structure- what?

Look @ them balls as like easter eggs and we are on the hunt of all the right eggs. White Bounce

Let it Snow Snowman