Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hollywood Park Racing to CLOSE :-(

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Eddessaknight, thanks for the times article and pic.

Simulcasting and all this tech. is great, but nothing like being there to witness these amazing animals and hang around w/ like minded fans.

When I lived out there I went to Los Alamitos more often cause it was closer than hollywood, anita, or del mar.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
    LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4500 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Eddessaknight, thanks for the times article and pic.

Simulcasting and all this tech. is great, but nothing like being there to witness these amazing animals and hang around w/ like minded fans.

When I lived out there I went to Los Alamitos more often cause it was closer than hollywood, anita, or del mar.

I Agree!

Must agree with our haymaker about being there hearing the hoof beats past you as we see the thin line bewteen winning & losing @ the finish line.

While on the ditressing news @ Holly's closing I though I would share some dated fun from a on location movie @ Hialeah Track tirled: "LET IT RIDE"  starring Richard Dryfus, Terri Garr, Michelle Phillips + plus an oustanding supporting comical cast of racing characters in a hillarious film with a fun touch of magic ther everbody wishes for -outstanding racing shots.

If haven't seen this & whether you are into racing or not, its really worth viewing Emoji

Enjoy

EddessaKnight

LAS VEGAS
      United States
      Member #47729
      November 22, 2006
      4500 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2013, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Must agree with our haymaker about being there hearing the hoof beats past you as we see the thin line bewteen winning & losing @ the finish line.

While on the ditressing news @ Holly's closing I though I would share some dated fun from a on location movie @ Hialeah Track tirled: "LET IT RIDE"  starring Richard Dryfus, Terri Garr, Michelle Phillips + plus an oustanding supporting comical cast of racing characters in a hillarious film with a fun touch of magic ther everbody wishes for -outstanding racing shots.

If haven't seen this & whether you are into racing or not, its really worth viewing Emoji

Enjoy

EddessaKnight

See Ya!

NOTE BENE:

For those who remain unafraid to read because their lips mighy hurt LOL  "LET IT RIDE" is baed on a 1989 book " Good Vibes" written  by Jay Cronley (check library). Fun & fast reading of this great reality day @ the track Wink

EddessaKnight

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2013, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

OK, now to go to amazon and see if they have it,

I'm sure they do but I just got SECRETARIAT w/my last order and still hav'nt watched it.

waiting for a chance to watch w/out interuptions, as it will take me back in time, was only 18 when it happened.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

OK, now to go to amazon and see if they have it,

I'm sure they do but I just got SECRETARIAT w/my last order and still hav'nt watched it.

waiting for a chance to watch w/out interuptions, as it will take me back in time, was only 18 when it happened.

OMG !

Let it ride is in the $100 neighborhood on amazon,

it gets X cellant reviews, but I'll have to wait a while, hopefully the $ will come down.

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Enjoy

EddessaKnight

Eddessaknight,

thank you, your thin line comment reminded me of a nice win I had 2 years ago,

I had a trifecta that had a dead heat for place, and got paid for both possible outcomes.

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Keeneland stays open more because of prestige and they do pack the the place when they are open. Their attendance was about 20,000 on Derby day and I believe some of the late money bet on Orb came from there.

Stack47,

on April 28th, a Sunday A.C.R.C had over 13,000 and it's not even a special day.

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

OMG !

Let it ride is in the $100 neighborhood on amazon,

it gets X cellant reviews, but I'll have to wait a while, hopefully the $ will come down.

OK. spotted on ebay for $7

hav,nt bid yet, just watching.

LAS VEGAS
                  United States
                  Member #47729
                  November 22, 2006
                  4500 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

OK. spotted on ebay for $7

hav,nt bid yet, just watching.

Hey stack ,et al =For all interested in "LET IT RIDE"movie  here is just one on you tube excerpt from Paramount, a reality degenarate character track scene

http://www.youtube.com/movie/let-it-ride?feature=mv_sr

The book "GOOD VIBES" can be accessed through library or loaned from other libes in the circuit

Hope you enjoy both,

EddessaKnight

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7313 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2013, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Hey stack ,et al =For all interested in "LET IT RIDE"movie  here is just one on you tube excerpt from Paramount, a reality degenarate character track scene

http://www.youtube.com/movie/let-it-ride?feature=mv_sr

The book "GOOD VIBES" can be accessed through library or loaned from other libes in the circuit

Hope you enjoy both,

EddessaKnight

Looking at the trailer, I believe I saw that movie, but even if I did, it's listed on Netflix so I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Thanks.

LAS VEGAS
                      United States
                      Member #47729
                      November 22, 2006
                      4500 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Looking at the trailer, I believe I saw that movie, but even if I did, it's listed on Netflix so I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Thanks.

GOODBY HOLLYWOOD See Ya!

Billy Joel sang back in 1977 "Say Goodby To Hollywood, say good by my baby"

Post final curtain: Holly....Wood If She Could.....

Tentaive schedule Santa Anita will be running big meets Decemeber 26th to July 6th and Del Mar will run 5 meets from November 5th to December 7th 2014

Bye Bye Holly & Thanks for the memories rich with tradition w/so many great horses & races Thud

EddessaKnight