Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I predict a new Currently on Line Record tonight

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
Nutley, New Jersey
United States
Member #131058
August 1, 2012
875 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2013, 4:30 am - IP Logged

On November 28,2012, PowerBall had a $425M jackpot and sold $563M worth of tickets for that drawing.  My first statement was incorrect and my prediction might have been off too.

the final jackpot was $590.5 million. So much for breaking mega millions all time record of $656 million.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

On November 28,2012, PowerBall had a $425M jackpot and sold $563M worth of tickets for that drawing.  My first statement was incorrect and my prediction might have been off too.

RJOh,

No biggie, I just rememberd the MM jackpot was March of 2012 because the Illinois winner (1 of 3) was from not too far from where I am.

I wonder if we could say since the $425M PB jackpot brought more online to LP than the $656M MM jackpot that there's more interest in PB?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2013, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

That reminds me of the blonde who worked at the M&M factory. She got fired cause she tossed all the W&W's away. Green laugh

Some bosses are very fussy.

I remember when I was a carpenter putting siding on a house and my boss was watching me as I'd hammer a nail in and throw a nail away and hammer another nail in and throw the next one away and so on as I went along.

When he saw all the nails on the ground he asked me why the hell I was throwing nails away.

I explained to him that about half of the nails had the heads on the wrong end.

He fired me anyway.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19821 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2013, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

No biggie, I just rememberd the MM jackpot was March of 2012 because the Illinois winner (1 of 3) was from not too far from where I am.

I wonder if we could say since the $425M PB jackpot brought more online to LP than the $656M MM jackpot that there's more interest in PB?

I suppose it depends a lot on what else is going on at the time.  I thought the last drawing would draw a record breaking crowd but it didn't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Some bosses are very fussy.

I remember when I was a carpenter putting siding on a house and my boss was watching me as I'd hammer a nail in and throw a nail away and hammer another nail in and throw the next one away and so on as I went along.

When he saw all the nails on the ground he asked me why the hell I was throwing nails away.

I explained to him that about half of the nails had the heads on the wrong end.

He fired me anyway.

I didn't realize until later that I could have used those nails on the other side of the house.