Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can we agree that it was not our time to win the BigOne- at least for now?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4144 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2013, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! With thousands of people hoping to win it and only 10-20 jackpot winners a year, a lot of people time is never going to exist and only the ones who buy a ticket will ever have a chance of winning it regardless of the time.  The reality is the odds of ever winning it are 1:175,000,000 and that's only when you buy a ticket.

With all due respect RJOH- people play the lottery to WIN, my question is based on that " hope" because none of us can tell people otherwise, no matter what we may say or do- thus the reaction to people asking " how is it so that only One ticket could have won the PB with so many millions of people playing?".I have seen on a regular basis retirees in their 70-80's playing with the hopes of WINNING. You cannot tell me that those folk are thinking of Death at all,neither do l read where people are playing for their grandchildren, they thinking of winning it for themselves bud. We can agree to disagree nine ways to Sunday but at the end of the day we may have "  only 10-20 jackpot winners a year"- but people see themselves as being one of the 20.

Try convincing them that they not..!!!-  But your point is well taken.

Peace.!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19894 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2013, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

With all due respect RJOH- people play the lottery to WIN, my question is based on that " hope" because none of us can tell people otherwise, no matter what we may say or do- thus the reaction to people asking " how is it so that only One ticket could have won the PB with so many millions of people playing?".I have seen on a regular basis retirees in their 70-80's playing with the hopes of WINNING. You cannot tell me that those folk are thinking of Death at all,neither do l read where people are playing for their grandchildren, they thinking of winning it for themselves bud. We can agree to disagree nine ways to Sunday but at the end of the day we may have "  only 10-20 jackpot winners a year"- but people see themselves as being one of the 20.

Try convincing them that they not..!!!-  But your point is well taken.

Peace.!!

Don't take it personal but with millions of people playing the lotteries there are bound to be thousands with opinions different than yours, I'm just one of those.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #106134
      February 13, 2011
      806 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2013, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

It certainly wasn't my time & it never will be.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19894 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2013, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

It certainly wasn't my time & it never will be.

Maybe it was your time and you messed up.  How many time have you heard players say my regular numbers came up as soon as I stop playing them or when I decided to play some other ones.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking