Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is the most you ever won on a daily 3 pick game?

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

So for instance if you spend $20.00 10 tickets on a daily game and hit all 3 numbers that is $5k tax free in your pocket.. WA state daily game is $500.00 FYI.

Toronto
    Canada
    Member #138397
    January 26, 2013
    179 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I can't brag about the most I've won on a pick 3, but I can brag that I never lost once. :)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4105 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2013, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

So for instance if you spend $20.00 10 tickets on a daily game and hit all 3 numbers that is $5k tax free in your pocket.. WA state daily game is $500.00 FYI.

Pick 3 & 4 have combined for over $1300.00 in Jan - March  this year. I stopped for April & May but will resume in June. I figure three months in, two out keeps it fresh.

United States
        Member #125918
        March 31, 2012
        362 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Do you have to claim the winning ticket or just go to store and cash it in? Here if it is under $1000 no need to file a claim and tax free too... Yes NodLOLCheersDance

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2013, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Do you have to claim the winning ticket or just go to store and cash it in? Here if it is under $1000 no need to file a claim and tax free too... Yes NodLOLCheersDance

Where is Here?

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7298 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2013, 12:18 am - IP Logged

My personal best on the pick-3 was $6600 with $1 straight 12 times and one store cashed six tickets with no questions asked. The other six weren't actually tickets and was paid off by the "other lottery".

United States
              Member #125918
              March 31, 2012
              362 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2013, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Oh that is awesome and i bet you were smiling like a lucky dog..DanceBig Smile

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

My personal best on the pick-3 was $6600 with $1 straight 12 times and one store cashed six tickets with no questions asked. The other six weren't actually tickets and was paid off by the "other lottery".

One plausible reason someone would make 12 bets on the same number in a Pick-3 game would be that, at the time, the draws were computer generated and the bettor was one of the programmers at the lottery commission.

What is your explanation?

VA
                  United States
                  Member #142868
                  May 19, 2013
                  345 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2013, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

One plausible reason someone would make 12 bets on the same number in a Pick-3 game would be that, at the time, the draws were computer generated and the bettor was one of the programmers at the lottery commission.

Hahhaaaa. Contrary to popular belief, the other week one of my usual numbers I play came out exact. And I normally buy 2-3 of each ticket exact or 50/50. I could've won some buckaroos that day.

United States
                    Member #125918
                    March 31, 2012
                    362 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Here in WA state they don't use computers and only balls for drawings..

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1671 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

jimboogie,the most plausible reason someone would buy multiple tickets with the same number is purchasing for multiple parties.

Don't forget the tax man. If I play one $5 ticket it pays $2500.

If I play 5 $1 tickets, it pays the same.

Thing is,  the tax man doesn't get to grab what he calls his fair share on the 5 $1 tickets since wins of $599 and less are non taxable. 

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Dance$9,000 on the 931 in Florida Evening Pick 3 (September 2009) Dance

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Dance$9,000 on the 931 in Florida Evening Pick 3 (September 2009) Dance

Correction:

December 13, 2010

I was playing my brother's birthday. He turned 39 on the 10th. The rule with playing birthdays is to play the current age and the new age 3 days before the day, the day itself and 3 days after.

Thumbs Up

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7298 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2013, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Why would anyone bet $12 on a hand of Blackjack?

Why would someone purchase 12 MM tickets or 6 PB tickets?

I know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why would a programmer only bet $12 when he could bet $100 without raising suspicion?

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7298 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2013, 12:09 am - IP Logged

jimboogie,the most plausible reason someone would buy multiple tickets with the same number is purchasing for multiple parties.

Don't forget the tax man. If I play one $5 ticket it pays $2500.

If I play 5 $1 tickets, it pays the same.

Thing is,  the tax man doesn't get to grab what he calls his fair share on the 5 $1 tickets since wins of $599 and less are non taxable. 

G

I suppose if he can only run a Monte Hall Carlo $1 QP simulation, it's not plausible that a real player would bet $12 on one number. I'd better not mention the guy who bet $45 on one number and won $27,000 or his brain will short circuit.