Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jeopardy

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Are a lot of LP'ers fans of TV show Jeopardy ?

seems like not much posting happens when the show is on.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Jeopardy is not the issue. I can sense what the masses are feeling at times.

People are weighing in on the events surrounding their world on this rock that is floating in deep space. As this rock worships the sun by encircling it, these critters scurring around on that rock start getting wiser. But it's too late. Unhappy

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40572 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I love Jeopardy.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2013, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I love Jeopardy.

Me too.

How about Liar's Club, remember that one? Great game show.

haymaker,

Not sure about LP activity and Jeopardy but I remember reading that baseball managers have a hard time getting players out of the clubhouse to take batting practice when Wheel of Fortune is on.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2013, 2:58 am - IP Logged

I have not watched  Jeopardy in ages, (however I am forced to watch wheel of fortune.)  I didn't even succumb to the allure of the "robotic" contestant.

If you want to talk about rigged games, then jeopardy should supersede lotto.

Do you know how many times I seen that contestant strangling that button trying to get it to work?

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2013, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Jeopardy is not the issue. I can sense what the masses are feeling at times.

People are weighing in on the events surrounding their world on this rock that is floating in deep space. As this rock worships the sun by encircling it, these critters scurring around on that rock start getting wiser. But it's too late. Unhappy

one of my favs.on this is......you guessed it .....money!

It's a gas! LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1281 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2013, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I have not watched  Jeopardy in ages, (however I am forced to watch wheel of fortune.)  I didn't even succumb to the allure of the "robotic" contestant.

If you want to talk about rigged games, then jeopardy should supersede lotto.

Do you know how many times I seen that contestant strangling that button trying to get it to work?

The contestants on Jeopardy cannot "buzz in" before Alex has finished reading the question and then a show judge has to press a button which triggers a countdown signal light (out of sight of the TV audience) and THEN the contestants can hit their button.  If they jump the gun, they're locked out for a while, hence the frantic button "strangling".  I'm not sure on the time interval of the lockout.  Ken Jennings, the all-time winnings champ (or was at one time, not sure if he still is) explained all that in an interview and said his success was not only knowing the answers, but learning the timing between the end of the question and the light going on.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                Cordova,Al.
                United States
                Member #104482
                January 15, 2011
                4927 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2013, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if a lot of LP members  are fan of the TV  show Jeopardy.  I've  watched Jeopardy occasionally. One of my favorite criminal shows is on at the same time. So I lean more toward watching them , then Jeopardy.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't watch Jeopardy anymore.  But I'm pretty sure it comes on at different times in different parts of the country, so I doubt this board comes to a standstill because of it.

Here in Boise it's on at 6 PM, which is 8 PM EST.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2013, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I don't watch Jeopardy anymore.  But I'm pretty sure it comes on at different times in different parts of the country, so I doubt this board comes to a standstill because of it.

Here in Boise it's on at 6 PM, which is 8 PM EST.

OK, ppl. on the east coast could you and give you all the ????s

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4799 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2013, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

The contestants on Jeopardy cannot "buzz in" before Alex has finished reading the question and then a show judge has to press a button which triggers a countdown signal light (out of sight of the TV audience) and THEN the contestants can hit their button.  If they jump the gun, they're locked out for a while, hence the frantic button "strangling".  I'm not sure on the time interval of the lockout.  Ken Jennings, the all-time winnings champ (or was at one time, not sure if he still is) explained all that in an interview and said his success was not only knowing the answers, but learning the timing between the end of the question and the light going on.

That is interesting. I have seem some contestants get mad when they are pressing that button and it seems dead. I guess they pressed it too early. I love that show.

J'aime La France.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2013, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

OK, ppl. on the east coast could you and give you all the ????s

Sorry, that should have been "ppl. on the east coast could CALL you and give you the ????s  Embarassed

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: May 24, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Central time here, it used to come on at 4:00 P.M., then 3:30, now it's 3:00.

haymaker,

I don't think it's shown live so that would stop calling with the ????.

If you notice, yesterday's returning champ is often wearing the same clothes, I think they tape maybe aweek's worth of shows at a time.

Interesting comments in this thread about the buzzers not working like they should.

Wonder if they'll ever be a game show with a lottery format or a lottery twist to it somehow.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            British Columbia
                            Canada
                            Member #116101
                            September 4, 2011
                            4033 Posts
                            Posted: May 24, 2013, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

"Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?"

Cliff Clavin Jeopardy.jpg Hit With Stick Dance Thud

"You have to be in it to win it!"

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Central time here, it used to come on at 4:00 P.M., then 3:30, now it's 3:00.

haymaker,

I don't think it's shown live so that would stop calling with the ????.

If you notice, yesterday's returning champ is often wearing the same clothes, I think they tape maybe aweek's worth of shows at a time.

Interesting comments in this thread about the buzzers not working like they should.

Wonder if they'll ever be a game show with a lottery format or a lottery twist to it somehow.

Cointoss, often wondered about making shows ahead of time, thanks for that,

forget to make note of what clothes players were wearing.