Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Congratulation Texas

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 4 years ago by bobby623.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1834 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2013, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

A quick google will show Cheryl Click won the Texas Lotto, not Powerball. Texas did not have Powerball in the 90's.

Ditto Bryon Woods. If you check the list I posted, you can see the MM winners from Texas. The same website shows no PB winners before Wednesday's win.

Texas has sent $182.5 Million out of state to pay Powerball winners. There has only been ONE Texas winner.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2013, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

God Bless Texas!

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      904 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Who knows- Texas may get another PB win in 5-10 years time. Nevertheless a win is a win.
      Congratulations.

tHIS tEXAN PLANS TO WIN A FEW TIMES  YEE HAW...........

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19900 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Texas has sent $182.5 Million out of state to pay Powerball winners. There has only been ONE Texas winner.

They knew the risks when  they decided to offer the game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Republic of Texas
          United States
          Member #57557
          January 9, 2008
          1095 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

LOL, RJ, no one is complaining. Really. Just celebrating the first Texas PB winner. Then some said it wasn't the first Texas PB winner. Had to straighten that out.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4145 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2013, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Abundance is like air. You are already experiencing it with every breath you take. If you already have all the air you need, there is no reason to hold your breath and hoard the air you have, gasp for more air, worry if there will be enough air tomorrow, or envy those who appear to be breathing more than their fair share.

This too shall Pass.

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1834 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2013, 2:26 am - IP Logged

No argument there RJOh. The Texas Lottery Commission prides itself on looking like a bunch of buffoons.

They effectively killed the Cash5 and now have their sights set on the 6/54 game.

The Texas Lotto started as a 6/50. It was doing fine so the TLC, in their infinite wisdom, chose to make it a 6/54. That didn't work so wellso they moved to a 6/44 + 1/35. Grumble, grumble. 

When that failed, instead of going back to the 6/50 the players wanted, TLC went back to the 6/54.

Now, they have added an EXTRA option. You can pay an extra buck to double your prize.

Well, wait. You can pay an extra buck to double ANY LOWER TIER PRIZE. Say if you win $2, paying the extra buck will make it $4. If you hit 5 of 6 you could win $10,000.  Sounds good?

Nope. Not so good. Of the more than 1 billion tickets sold only 15,000 have ever in the history of Lotto Texas hit 5 of 6. The odds of hitting 5 of 6 is less than .0015%! 

If you're going to play a $2 game it just makes more sense to play Powerball based on the prize payouts.

Even if Texas loses a 1/3 of their ticket sales you can bat your last $2 they will claim sales are up!

IMHO just makes it easier for me to decide to drop a few bucks on Powerball.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5756 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2013, 9:28 am - IP Logged

No argument there RJOh. The Texas Lottery Commission prides itself on looking like a bunch of buffoons.

They effectively killed the Cash5 and now have their sights set on the 6/54 game.

The Texas Lotto started as a 6/50. It was doing fine so the TLC, in their infinite wisdom, chose to make it a 6/54. That didn't work so wellso they moved to a 6/44 + 1/35. Grumble, grumble. 

When that failed, instead of going back to the 6/50 the players wanted, TLC went back to the 6/54.

Now, they have added an EXTRA option. You can pay an extra buck to double your prize.

Well, wait. You can pay an extra buck to double ANY LOWER TIER PRIZE. Say if you win $2, paying the extra buck will make it $4. If you hit 5 of 6 you could win $10,000.  Sounds good?

Nope. Not so good. Of the more than 1 billion tickets sold only 15,000 have ever in the history of Lotto Texas hit 5 of 6. The odds of hitting 5 of 6 is less than .0015%! 

If you're going to play a $2 game it just makes more sense to play Powerball based on the prize payouts.

Even if Texas loses a 1/3 of their ticket sales you can bat your last $2 they will claim sales are up!

IMHO just makes it easier for me to decide to drop a few bucks on Powerball.

Plus the fact Texas Lotto only rolls $250,000 now instead of $1,000,000.

It sucks. I think they made the changes because sales weren't supporting the bigger rolls. And the $2 extra just goes with the current trend of finding ways to get $2 a ticket to increase revenue. Like the new game All or Nothing. This fall there will be 4 draws for P3 and P4 up from the 2 draws we have now.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1834 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2013, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Plus the fact Texas Lotto only rolls $250,000 now instead of $1,000,000.

It sucks. I think they made the changes because sales weren't supporting the bigger rolls. And the $2 extra just goes with the current trend of finding ways to get $2 a ticket to increase revenue. Like the new game All or Nothing. This fall there will be 4 draws for P3 and P4 up from the 2 draws we have now.

THIS TOO!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1405 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

True, Texas All or Nothing is a $2 game - $1 for a chance to win by correctly choosing All of the numbers, and $1 for correctly choosing No winning numbers.
                    Two games in one. Same as getting 5 chances to win with a $5 scratch off.