Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you be invisibly upset or angry if the next 5 PB winners were in their 80's?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 3 years ago by gma4150.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40471 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

no, it doesn't matter what the age is.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
    East of Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #120843
    December 28, 2011
    451 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2013, 9:37 am - IP Logged

No, I hope they are all older than 84.  It gives me hope.  But I hope I don't have to wait another 40 years before I win. ;)

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

noise-gate,

What would upset you or make you more angry, if the next 5 winners were in their 80s, or the next 5 winners were 19 yr olds who had never played before? (Or anyone who had never played before- I said 19 because that's exactly what happened to a girl in Georgia a few years back).

And why does anyone winning upset you?

Coin Toss- your response to my original question has strayed somewhat And why does anyone winning upset you?

my response is " Huh?"

How did you draw that conclusion based on my question? Need more coffee?

Yawn

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2013, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Really?- l have seen a question asked here about whether its a " blessing or a Curse for someone of that age" to have won the lottery etc etc.. If that is not " disbelief- what is?

l wonder if people think that the lottery ought to be won by persons in their 20- 60's as if winning at the ripe old age of 80 plus is an impediment? My take on the matter is that it does not matter what age you are in order to be a winner.

noise-gate,

I would take the 'blessing or curse' question to be just a question, it doesn't imply disbelief regarding the age of the winner.

Like many posts here on LP after a big win, reading between the lines what they are really saying is:

"@^&*( @!#$% #$&^** why wasn't it me!"

Won't it be real interesting when the aliens land and one of them hits a jackpot? Imagine the reaction!

As for this,

"Coin Toss- your response to my original question has strayed somewhat And why does anyone winning upset you?

my response is " Huh?"

How did you draw that conclusion based on my question? Need more coffee?"

Who here gave this thread the title:

Would you be invisibly upset or angry if the next 5 PB winners were in their 80s? 

That implies that it upset you, nicht var?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5121 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2013, 11:06 am - IP Logged

no, it doesn't matter what the age is.

SLY>>>>>>>I Agree! Hurray!...........................cause one of my 29 year

ole cuzin'$$$$$$$  Disney married a 78  zillionaire and she has lived

in a style like no middle-class person could dream about>>>>>>

They are on a world travel at this time..............Psyko may get an

invite 2D island house when they git back & settle down again???

Jester LaughJack-in-the-BoxJester Laugh

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

noise-gate,

I would take the 'blessing or curse' question to be just a question, it doesn't imply disbelief regarding the age of the winner.

Like many posts here on LP after a big win, reading between the lines what they are really saying is:

"@^&*( @!#$% #$&^** why wasn't it me!"

Won't it be real interesting when the aliens land and one of them hits a jackpot? Imagine the reaction!

As for this,

"Coin Toss- your response to my original question has strayed somewhat And why does anyone winning upset you?

my response is " Huh?"

How did you draw that conclusion based on my question? Need more coffee?"

Who here gave this thread the title:

Would you be invisibly upset or angry if the next 5 PB winners were in their 80s? 

That implies that it upset you, nicht var?

This would suggest that your understanding of the English language is different from mine. I get irritated when unfairness is in play.For iinstance when Miles was robbed of his $5 mil ticket by the Ashkar bros, some suggested that it was his stupidity that got him into the mess etc. I posted pics in response to another elderly person winning the PB- l am all for fairness. Perhaps on some occasions the connecting of the Dots are a stretch.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7310 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2013, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

This would suggest that your understanding of the English language is different from mine. I get irritated when unfairness is in play.For iinstance when Miles was robbed of his $5 mil ticket by the Ashkar bros, some suggested that it was his stupidity that got him into the mess etc. I posted pics in response to another elderly person winning the PB- l am all for fairness. Perhaps on some occasions the connecting of the Dots are a stretch.

Because of the odds against winning the jackpot are so huge, I'm neither visibly or invisibly upset when I don't win the jackpot. The age, race, or station in life of the jackpot winner won't change the fact I didn't win it so there is no reason for me to be upset when I find out who won.

Are you invisibly upset when you learn you didn't win a 175 million to 1 jackpot?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

Nice attempted jab but my understanding of the English language is simply that when someone starts a thread titled:

Would you be invisibly upset or angry if the next 5 PB winners were in their 80's?

they themselves are upset with it.

Hope if you hit a jackpot in your 80s it doesn't upset people!

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20115 Posts
                  Posted: June 7, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Not at all...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                    Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12740 Posts
                    Posted: June 7, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

It really does not matter about their age . They won the Jackpot !!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: June 7, 2013, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

i don't care how old some winner is or i don't be mad but i get jealous Hat

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

i like your kittycat, kool caT,LOL

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                          Republic of Texas
                          United States
                          Member #57557
                          January 9, 2008
                          1095 Posts
                          Posted: June 7, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Ditto

I hardly even close to being upset when someone else wins. When it is my time, it is my time. However if there are several 80+ yr olds winning in a row, I'd think about handing my $5 over to someone 80+ to buy my tickets. 

Banana

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 7, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Would it make you feel BETTER if I said the old bag had no business being out of the house, much less cutting in line and getting a $590 million winner as a reward for her rude behavior?

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: June 7, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Would it make you feel BETTER if I said the old bag had no business being out of the house, much less cutting in line and getting a $590 million winner as a reward for her rude behavior?

OMG!! This lady cut ahead of me in line tonight when I was purchasing my MegaMillions tickets!! I asked her what she was doing and she said she was pullin' a "Gloria". LOLOLLOLLOLLOL..just kiddin' y'all.

!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney