Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange Phone Call

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by JoshUK.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2013, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Next time you get a call and do this.. Whisper low and say soft target is aquired and terminated and then say whiskey tango foxtrot... Then hang up haha haha it works..

I like that Big Grin

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Good   One    Tony    Thumbs Up

Thats  Gonna   Be   A  Classic  Right   There    (  I   like  it  )  Smile

The way I usually do them  Cin Cin , is I beat them to those bad words ,  before they can say them , because there aint nothing that peas  me off more than those type of calls

They  get  in  a  cussing  contest  with  me  ,  when  I  am  mad ,  and  they  are  gonna  lose  (  and  thats  a  fact  )

Here's  one to try...........let them start into their  pitch  ( where they go on for  5  minutes ) and as soon as they start... ....just lay the phone down and leave it  on , and  just  walk  away

Go back later and  hang  it  up

They talk on their dime, until they finally realize  ,  that  there is no one there ,  on the other end of the line anymore Smile

Usually dont hear back from them

Works  for   me

I  got  on  the  no   call   list   a  few  years  ago.............it  really  helped

But for some reason , it dont seem too  apply  to   the  politicians  ,  they  dont have to follow the same rules ,  as  usual , as  everyone  else  ( which really  irks  me  ) , and which most  the  time ,  are usually just  as  bad

LOL put the phone down and walk away I like that Astekblue Green laughNow that I think about I think my hubby does that to meWhat?

I Love Pink & Green 1908

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2013, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Received a very strange phone call to-night. The caller had no id, out of area. The caller ask me to go to a website and they would fix all my errors on my computer. Needless to say, I said, no thanks and hung up. I have no idea what that was about, but my gut feeling was, it can't be good!! Has anyone ever received that type of call?

If there is no caller ID but it gives you a phone # try going to 800notes.com

You can put the # in and if see others are getting called from there also.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19911 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

If there is no caller ID but it gives you a phone # try going to 800notes.com

You can put the # in and if see others are getting called from there also.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

Denmother1's avatar - batman38
          Suffolk, VA
          United States
          Member #106648
          February 22, 2011
          781 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

For about 5 months, I was getting very similiar phone calls 3 to 4 times a day. The number would state "unknown". I can block private numbers on my home phone but I cannot block "unknown" . They sounded to be from India and would state they were calling from Microsoft and my computer was sending signals and they needed me to go to a website and download something to stop this. In the beginning, I would just hang up on them. Then there were times when I would ask them to add me to their "Do Not Call List"...Then there were times when I'd lie and tell them I didn't have a computer, and they would hang up. Then there were other times, when noticing the unknown number on my ID that I would just let the phone ring. It got so bad that there were times when I would have to unplug my phone.

Long story short, they stopped calling until about a month ago.  Out of the blue, the phone rang with "unknown" displayed on the caller ID. I already knew who it was, but like a dipwit, I answered.  As usual, it was the Indian voice stating he was calling from Microsoft. As I interrupted him to bluntly tell him I am supposed to be on their "Do No Call" list, he had the nerve to blurt out a profane comment to me.!!!!.I know my jaw had to drop to the floor because it was the last thing I expected to hear. I thought I had to be misunderstanding him so I replied with an Excuse me????? He said the statement again and repeated it very slowly this time .  I was in shock and told him if he ever called my house again, I would be contacting authorities.

I haven't heard back from them and I can't be for certain if this is why they stopped. It really ticks me off that they call from these unknown numbers and can  basically say anything they want to and get away with it because of this "unknown" number thing.

Well, what was the profane statement that he made?  I understand if you have to clean it up, just curious about what he said.Drum

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing that a tomato does not go in a fruit salad."  Hat

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135285
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2013, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Well, what was the profane statement that he made?  I understand if you have to clean it up, just curious about what he said.Drum

He said, " I want to F---- you.:

I thought to myself, Can i be hearing him correctly? He cannot be saying what I think...So, I said, Excusee me???

then slowly he said (in Indian voice)..."I....VAUNT....TO.....F***K.... YOU!!!!!"

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

He said, " I want to F---- you.:

I thought to myself, Can i be hearing him correctly? He cannot be saying what I think...So, I said, Excusee me???

then slowly he said (in Indian voice)..."I....VAUNT....TO.....F***K.... YOU!!!!!"

I know I shouldn't laugh but that is so funny, especially the part he said it slowly. Guys from Pakistan and India and Nepal use V where W is used lol

That money's gone fo ever

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I know I shouldn't laugh but that is so funny, especially the part he said it slowly. Guys from Pakistan and India and Nepal use V where W is used lol

Yeah, well he better hope he never calls my house again. It disturbs me that I cannot block numers that show up as UNKNOWN.

I'm sure this is not the first time these people have done such things...They probably make fun of Americans and probably even put me on speaker so he and his co-workers could get a good laugh..

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, well he better hope he never calls my house again. It disturbs me that I cannot block numers that show up as UNKNOWN.

I'm sure this is not the first time these people have done such things...They probably make fun of Americans and probably even put me on speaker so he and his co-workers could get a good laugh..

Just say "I don't think your puny .... could satisfy me"

he won't ever put anyone one speaker again. ROFL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

There are phones that have this feature to reject anonymous callers. It says  "The number you are calling does not accept calls from callers who do not allow the delivery of their telephone number, please unblock your number and try again."

That money's gone fo ever

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                      Jacksonville Florida
                      United States
                      Member #23018
                      October 6, 2005
                      918 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Scams are popping up a lot more these days. Phone, internet, occasional usps mail ... all the same -> they want to take your money.

One scam that is showing up again is the "hitman" scam where they say they will actually kill you if you don't pay them. The good news is these are almost always from an offshore concern - Russia usually - and there is zero percent chance anything is going to happen to you. They play on people's fears and make actual death threats.

Best bet to avoid phone scams is do not answer if you do not recognize the number who is calling. If it is important enough, they will leave a message. One other caution on caller id, it is possible to spoof caller id and have it say something like "(your city) Police Department" to get you to pick up...

Columbia, SC
                        United States
                        Member #135285
                        November 21, 2012
                        584 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Scams are popping up a lot more these days. Phone, internet, occasional usps mail ... all the same -> they want to take your money.

One scam that is showing up again is the "hitman" scam where they say they will actually kill you if you don't pay them. The good news is these are almost always from an offshore concern - Russia usually - and there is zero percent chance anything is going to happen to you. They play on people's fears and make actual death threats.

Best bet to avoid phone scams is do not answer if you do not recognize the number who is calling. If it is important enough, they will leave a message. One other caution on caller id, it is possible to spoof caller id and have it say something like "(your city) Police Department" to get you to pick up...

Haha..Your comment made me think of something I did just a week ago that was almost identical to your suggestion. I got a text message from someone that said something like.."Let's chat!! Message me on Yahoo at --------@yahoo......I replied, Who is this? He/she replied..Message me on yahoo and find out!!! The number texting me was long distance South Carolina number . I did a search on the internet but the only thing I could find out was  the cell phone service provider it was operating from. Anyway, I replied back. "I hope you know I am a police officer and I would suggest you stop your spamming and remove my number from your contact list unless you aren't afraid of facing consequences." He/she replied back, "LOL, Yeah right"...About 10 minutes later, my cell phone rang from a private number. I knew it was "him/her", so I answered "------ County Police Department, How Can I help you? Haha..he/she hung up and I haven't recieved a spam text since.

Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #126396
                          April 8, 2012
                          400 Posts
                          Posted: June 14, 2013, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Received a very strange phone call to-night. The caller had no id, out of area. The caller ask me to go to a website and they would fix all my errors on my computer. Needless to say, I said, no thanks and hung up. I have no idea what that was about, but my gut feeling was, it can't be good!! Has anyone ever received that type of call?

I got those while ago. If you google it you will see there is so many people getting them and this is a SCAM. Good for you that you hang up, cause they would want to get your info and everythign credit card number and so on..Yes Nod

Don't ever grow up, it's a trap!

London
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #140684
                            March 24, 2013
                            566 Posts
                            Posted: June 14, 2013, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

There is a phone scam in the UK where it shows up as a police station number in the UK but really it's a scammer. I remember having a missed call, and I Google'd the number and it showed the police station I was like oh crap. I then called the station number and they said it was a phone scam.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2