Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you change your life style without arising suspicion?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Teddi.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2013, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I would not change my lifestyle that quickly, main difference is I would no longer have a job.

Only the people at work would notice that, my neighbors would not b/c I have a weird schedule, work weekends.

Even when they seen my truck is at home 7 days a week,  I would just say, I 'm on layoff.

As for new vehicles and other obvious things, everyone knows I trade stocks, so I would use that explain my windfall.

Another plan I have is saying the new found wealth is the result of a legal settlement, and part of the settlement is I cannot discuss it w/anyone.

ROFL  Here come the Judge, Judge, yea don't nobody budge, cause here come the Judge. ROFL

Another plan I have is saying the new found wealth is the result of a legal settlement, and part of the settlement is I cannot discuss it w/anyone.

That's a good one!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4792 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2013, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I would not change my lifestyle that quickly, main difference is I would no longer have a job.

Only the people at work would notice that, my neighbors would not b/c I have a weird schedule, work weekends.

Even when they seen my truck is at home 7 days a week,  I would just say, I 'm on layoff.

As for new vehicles and other obvious things, everyone knows I trade stocks, so I would use that explain my windfall.

ROFL  Here come the Judge, Judge, yea don't nobody budge, cause here come the Judge. ROFL

ohhhhh Good idea. And I take metro so my car is always here when I am not. So no one would know the day job ended.

J'aime La France.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5121 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

It won't be an issue for me because when I do win, I will be moving in fairly short order before buying a new car, ect. I'd move to a gated community.

I Agree!

PSYKO is mak'n prep 2 win D big one >>>>>>>>"SOON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, PSYKO recently bought the SMART>>"CAR" 4 my garage!!!!!

YES, now I've figured out how 2 put D CORVETTE engine in D "THING"!!!

YES<if U want 2 lay low & BA millionaire STELK>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

order my plans 2 fit UR SMART car with a

brees2012's avatar - animal whale.jpg

United States
        Member #125177
        March 26, 2012
        176 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

What would you do IF you won the lottery for millions $$$$$$$$$ and the media came to your home .

Talking to your neighbors , then what ?  They would know , you won the lottery ... 

Just like this eldery lady her picture taken and the world knows she won ....What steps would you take

to secure yourself and family????

dager's avatar - vampireteeth100x98
          New Orleans
          United States
          Member #143282
          May 29, 2013
          36 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

When people start wondering where the money came from just tell them you can't talk about it.... make them really start to wonder.

"Don't ask me about my business, Kay."

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #79502
            September 2, 2009
            6395 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2013, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I would tell them I won the lottery but lie about how much I won. Like if I won a 100 million I would tell them I won 100 thousand so that way I could help them out if they need money but know they won't ask for too much. I wouldn't but anything too crazy too fast and maybe start a small business or something to explain the other things I buy over time.

Me 2 !

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
              Baltimore, MD
              United States
              Member #143332
              May 30, 2013
              398 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I'd just tell my family that I hit a jackpot in Vegas or something for a million or two. So when I buy a new house and a new car, it wouldn't be something that would be on their radar. Problem solved. The only way they would know would be when I die and my will is read. The only problem with that is that when they die, they might try to kick my butt for all eternity in the great beyond for lying. lMad

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

That's a good one!

One of my favs, 

tell me your's

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1183 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2013, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Even if you lived in a state where your identity could remain anonymous, so what? They still announce the city and location where the winning ticket was purchased from. Whatever story you come up with, once you start spending people will at least guess. So the NUMBER 1 way to avoid suspicion: MOVE!

If you have a person (or family) you are very close with, it will probably be impossible not to tell them. But don't let just anyone in on your plans. I mean, just look at how Gloria's ex DIL is telling all of their business and where they are going to be living. Everyone doesn't need to know everything, even family. You can get away with fudging your income to people who aren't involved in your business affairs. 

If you know a friend or relative needs financial help, find a way to get it to them anonymously. Send them a money order, supermarket and gas gift cards, pay off their medical bills, you can get them out of trouble without ever letting them know it was you. Donating anonymously is always best anyway.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.