Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you leave the US if you won a MM or PB jackpot?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by JADELottery.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Come on Down!! The weather is FINE here in South Carolineeee

Well thank you,

was thinking about Greenville, but w/such welcoming folks I'll have to check out Columbia next time around.

caro...lin...eee ?  car...a...line..ee ? ROFL

I'm guessin ...folks there are gonna make fun of how talk.

ROFL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Umm Noise-gate,

I don't think you understand travelling rules for US residents and green card holders.. Now what you are suggesting does not apply for USA born citizens but it does apply to Green card holders.. Think before you type please... CrazyDupe AlertNaughty

I did think before l typed.. its a scare tactic nimrod.Do you actually believe everything you read?

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

people who think u have to renounce citizeship for lottery is a fool

just have a oversea's corporation claim the money , they can just like any other  corporations

once u pay full tax owed aka the up front payments for winfall , any future earning thro investments are irs tax free etc

its very simple

Currently taxes on offshore profits are “deferred” until a company “brings the money home.” In other words, American multinational corporations don’t pay any taxes at all on profits made “outside” the US as long as they keep the profits “out of the country.”

the sec u bring any money into usa thro, u will again pay more tax on earnings,  but only when u bring it in

so u could have millions in investments earning more money,and invest future profits into more investments, without being hit with massive tax bill ever year

for instant, apple with billions in cash, taken loans to pay its shareholders here in usa , why, the crazy use tax code made getting a Loan of money and paying loan back, cheaper then bringing money back into USA, paying us govt taxes before it can even pay shareholders

yes that's how high our taxes are.  its stupid how high tax rates are in american, the fact its cheaper getting into debt then bringing wealth back home to pay for things

welcome to american, blame the dems for this insane world of taxes, anyone who smart about money,and works for a Corporate body, knows usa is worst possible place to have money. its so unfriendly its stupid

its so bad ,everyone and there dog in  Corporate world has found ever loophole possible

just google Corporate Tax loopholes, and have fun reading up on upside down world, of corporate tax's, its amazing to read what everyone getting away with, and am talking about BIG ones like  Bank of America, Citigroup, ExxonMobil, General Electric, Microsoft, Pfizer, Verizon. etc

funny part its the dems who created the high taxes,and the loopholes

google  obama helps tax loopholes, or congress pass tax loopholes

its beyond funny, its like these people are dead set on hurting any company that makes money here,and rewards them for keeping it over sea's, 

people have elected morons for leaders.

for instant

When a product is sold in America, a chunk of the purchase price is sent to the tax haven to pay for use of the patent, and these funds escape U.S. taxes

is just 1 loophole

other is jsut have fully owned off shore company make money, thro investments/whatever ,keep cash oversea's, 

and then when u want to build out/grow, u just use cash u saved not paying  any tax oversea etc

that's issue with american, we demand jobs here,and we want company's to build here,

yet we tax them to death ,steal all the money we can,and then our leaders  blame evil corp people,

why would we bring our money into usa to build stuff if u plan to tax us,

this is world wide issue , any company and any amount of money can be anywhere in world

we living in 21s world folks, not ever nation is deadset on stealing people wealth and helping leech class live

why should the money live in usa, when less theft and leeching is elsewhere in world

find best possible place that allows u to keep your money,and have your "money" live there.  welcome to freedom form leech's

u don't have to leave usa folks

just don't bring any future money  into USA,  keep a few million inside usa atfer the win, and rest over sea's

go to big corporation lawyers and let them set u up, all legal way,  before u claim.

there is no exist tax for oversea corporation claiming a lottery prize

onlike if u did it as person, irs wi8ll tax u full 39.6% as person, then hit u on leave tax

people don't be fools and pay double tax's and give up your rights as american, u are fools who do this for lottery win

no legal reason the money has to live in usa, , when less theft and leeching is elsewhere in world

just make sure its done in such a way u keep some millions here,  to spend and have good time while in USA

and have all the  money u want to invest with be over sea's if hate taxes that much

i hope to god no one is a fool and gives up your rights as american , for god sakes just use  Corporate world, if u want  millions worth of investments  to be earning tax free, do it oversea's, just DON'T bring money back into usa, or u will pay tax

there is so many diff ways to in legal world to get money over sea's and have the future earning tax free, but its all in corporate world

if u jsut go into claim a lottery ticket in your own name, u are a fool and are giving up countless options to get money out of united states

if your whole idea is to have money leave the usa that is

this is whole point of my post, your MONEY can be diff form U as legal person

it can live outside the USA, repeat, DONT give up your american status, its bigest moronic thing i readed here in long time to even msilead people on how to avoid future taxes

No bees, no honey.

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
        Baltimore, MD
        United States
        Member #143332
        May 30, 2013
        398 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't leave the country, but I sure as hell would leave this high tax state of Maryland and move to Florida.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
          Member #32537
          February 12, 2006
          698 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2013, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't leave the country, but I sure as hell would leave this high tax state of Maryland and move to Florida.

or have a trust claim it, turns out  a trust can be in no tax state. aka think of large family trust with many diff family members living in many diff states etc

ofc the trust pays the IRS,and gives money to family whatever amount the trust has written etc.

ofc the state going to get first big tax big on winfall , however  all future earning thro investments etc can be state tax free if done thro a trust in right state/in right way

with a trust, u can Live anywhere in usa musty and have  zero state tax

people just don't understand trust laws and stuff so this kind of thing is over looked

it has to be done with right lawyers who DO this stuff for living.

No bees, no honey.

Inland Empire
            United States
            Member #118116
            October 22, 2011
            317 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

To answer OP, HELL NO I LOVE THIS COUNTRY.

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2013, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Well thank you,

was thinking about Greenville, but w/such welcoming folks I'll have to check out Columbia next time around.

caro...lin...eee ?  car...a...line..ee ? ROFL

I'm guessin ...folks there are gonna make fun of how talk.

ROFL

Sorry, wanted to say " how I talk"

maybe it's

car--ole linee. ROFL

Either way thanks again.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2013, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! And I Include the Inland Empire in that statement.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2013, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Now, that's what I like to hear, gogi!

I'm thinkin' about bringin' you out here in the Apps fer some survival training!

I'll fry you up you one of my new recipes back in the woods too - Squirrel Nuggets! You'll never guess what they are!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2013, 7:03 am - IP Logged

I dont live there, but it would be on my short list to  move to. i dont think its a great place to be poor. but we are talking about multi millions right?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3052 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

No!

What's so hard about paying taxes on money you didn't even earn/work forWhat?

Get all this money and all of sudden you don't want to pay this or that.

There is still going to be plenty left over to enjoy!!

Pay and stop being greedy!!

End up being one of those lottery winners who won a big jackpot

only to lose it all/filing for bankruptcy and still owe taxes cause you wanted to

play hide and go seek with I.R.S

Your not doing it with the money you have now so why start when and if you win?

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2013, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I don't see why anyone would stay in the US.  High cost of living, high taxes, high poverty rates, and awful weather...no compelling reason to stay.  We need no taxes here.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2013, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I don't see why anyone would stay in the US.  High cost of living, high taxes, high poverty rates, and awful weather...no compelling reason to stay.  We need no taxes here.

Perhaps Cuba would be more compelling for you?

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2013, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I most definitely would.   #1 reason...taxes.

The Bahamas or Cayman Islands would be a nice escape.

Nice places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22944 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2013, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

No way. Other places are nice to see but spend a length of time there and the charm wears off quick.
                              I don't want to be an outsider looking in and never quite fitting in. I'd rather be an insider having no
                              problem fitting in right where I belong.
                              There isn't any place like USA. Born here and I'll die here.
                              If taxes are the reason for this question, let them take their taxes, I'll still have enough.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557