Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has there been a study as to whether there have been or are more Female JP winners than Males?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4106 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

For some reason l am inclined to think there are More Female Jackpot Winners than Males to date.Think Gloria- think Cynthia.

During my school years- almost always a female was in the Top Two spots in school, same in College- why not the lottery?. Its almost Intuitive, something that can be identified by means of the senses.They pretty smart- even though winning the lottery is open season to all.

What do you think- more Males or Females? Indulge me.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

For some reason l am inclined to think there are More Female Jackpot Winners than Males to date.Think Gloria- think Cynthia.

During my school years- almost always a female was in the Top Two spots in school, same in College- why not the lottery?. Its almost Intuitive, something that can be identified by means of the senses.They pretty smart- even though winning the lottery is open season to all.

I heard that men named Tim wins a lot...now I dont think its anything scientific...I mean the random number generator doesnt know who if anyone has the winning ticket

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Two such stiudies have been attempted but they were in San Francisco and West Hollywood and the conclusion was they were producing skewed data!

Scared

Seriously though, tough question. When you factor in office pools and such it probably balances out. Just a guess. Sure seems like a lot of the winners on the TLC lottery programs were couples.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

For some reason l am inclined to think there are More Female Jackpot Winners than Males to date.

That's because they have more entries than the men.    Green laugh

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I hope the feminists don't crucify me when I say men are more aggressive and more risk takers than women in many aspects of life. Ok not by far Big Grin but still.... Anyways, a cursory glance at the Mass Lottery website will reveal more men than women on the winners page. I bet its the same nationwide.

That money's gone fo ever

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19771 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I hope the feminists don't crucify me when I say men are more aggressive and more risk takers than women in many aspects of life. Ok not by far Big Grin but still.... Anyways, a cursory glance at the Mass Lottery website will reveal more men than women on the winners page. I bet its the same nationwide.

because them married ones wife gave them some spending money LOL

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

because them married ones wife gave them some spending money LOL

lol I didn't think of that angle hahaha

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4106 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

lol I didn't think of that angle hahaha

Whoa Maringoman: l do believe that " Helpmewin" just handed you your lunch..lol.

LOL

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4862 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

This raises an interesting dilemma. If more women than men win the jackpots and we (a man)  play the lottery all the time, chart it, study it etc., and our wives or girl friends could care less about it, which person should pick the numbers?

Do we rely on research or female intuition?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Whoa Maringoman: l do believe that " Helpmewin" just handed you your lunch..lol.

LOL

lol

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

LOL

I'm making monkey meat Chili tomorrow.

I got diced onions, diced green pepper, 16 oz can of diced tomatoes, three cans of kidney beans, ground beef, One can of Rotel, fresh garlic, black pepper, tomato paste, very small pinch of nutmeg, chili powder, dried parsley, oregano, and a cup of water. Simmer on low for about an hour and serve.

Served over spanish seasoned rice Pilaf.

Green laugh

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4786 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I disagree...lol. I think in the professional fields especially, the women are far more aggressive than most men (by about 2 or 3 to 1). I don't think the lottery is a good comparator for real risk taking and aggressiveness. I have come across more women than men who I think would do anything to get ahead in their fields.

J'aime La France.

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4106 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm making monkey meat Chili tomorrow.

I got diced onions, diced green pepper, 16 oz can of diced tomatoes, three cans of kidney beans, ground beef, One can of Rotel, fresh garlic, black pepper, tomato paste, very small pinch of nutmeg, chili powder, dried parsley, oregano, and a cup of water. Simmer on low for about an hour and serve.

Served over spanish seasoned rice Pilaf.

Green laugh

Its a tough balance to strike, but l guess this is you assuming the Mantle of Chef- or cook. Dont forget the Monkey Ale...!!!

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2013, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Its a tough balance to strike, but l guess this is you assuming the Mantle of Chef- or cook. Dont forget the Monkey Ale...!!!

Oh boy, I have the first sign that I'm being watched by the shady government spy cameras. Either it's a coincidence, thinking too hard about it, or it's real.   

Right Turn Clyde ! Green laugh

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19771 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2013, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Oh boy, I have the first sign that I'm being watched by the shady government spy cameras. Either it's a coincidence, thinking too hard about it, or it's real.   

Right Turn Clyde ! Green laugh

funny