Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Systems Versus Quick Pick

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by tmoneyyy.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What is your experience of results with so-called lottery systems or strategies and quick picks?

Lottery Systems Produce Best Results [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
Quick Pick Selections Produce Best Results [ 12 ]  [25.00%]
Combination of Lottery Systems and Quick Pick [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
My Own Number Selections Work Best [ 18 ]  [37.50%]
I Prefer Lottery Syndicates [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #123721
February 27, 2012
11 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2013, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I performed a test of lottery strategies or systems posted on LP versus quick picks.

It was a three month test costing about $300 for each approach.

I'll post my results shortly.

But I'd like to know your experience and results.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1736 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2013, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Since each individual will choose different combinations for various reasons, I won't vote. There appears to me to be no absolute answer as to which method is best.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19908 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2013, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

depends on what Lottery game you talking about, did you say? What?

United States
        Member #123721
        February 27, 2012
        11 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I was referring to all games combined. But I should have been more specific.

For me it was Pick 3 and 4.

Thanks.

I was just looking for general feedback :) More than 160 "views" and nobody voted -- wow

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Whatever you want to say Mr. Marx Karl, just go right ahead and say it. We are waiting. Lurking

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5615 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

For the jackpot games I usually pick numbers randomly, except for the bonus balls. For P3 and P4, I almost always play my own numbers. I don't win much, but I have been playing P3 on paper testing a workout and it has been showing a profit for this year.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
              Joplin MO
              United States
              Member #138489
              January 28, 2013
              190 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2013, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I've always had my own system(s), with a couple of QP's to round off the amount that I was spending per drawing.  It seems that the QP's never do as well in comparison to my own numbers.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7322 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2013, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Since each individual will choose different combinations for various reasons, I won't vote. There appears to me to be no absolute answer as to which method is best.

I Agree! because with most players it's either/or. And since the question is now limited to pick-3 and pick-4 games, I doubt there are many QP players. I did read in the Pick-3 forum where a player will buy a QP and play that number multiple times or in multiple drawings, but wouldn't that be considered a system?

Krypton
                  United States
                  Member #140102
                  March 11, 2013
                  892 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2013, 5:43 am - IP Logged

I play Powerball and Texas Lotto using my Own system (excel) plus pre-test from games and numerology 7/10 scale Ive only been playing since March 2013. Most weeks play 10 lines per game. I either miss them all big time or get 3 to 4 balls correct. I have not found anything to be consistent except I either win or lose. Lol

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I personally believe that the smaller games (Pick3/4) are better suited to self-pick combinations due to the small field. As the field becomes greater, the efficiency of successfully and consistently matching (X) amount of numbers decreases dramatically. QP's aren't "controlled" whereas systematic numbers are...or at least they're supposed to be.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I personally believe that the smaller games (Pick3/4) are better suited to self-pick combinations due to the small field. As the field becomes greater, the efficiency of successfully and consistently matching (X) amount of numbers decreases dramatically. QP's aren't "controlled" whereas systematic numbers are...or at least they're supposed to be.

L.L.

QP's aren't "controlled" whereas systematic numbers are...or at least they're supposed to be.

Why did that rule come from?  I didn't use it when I wrote the program for my system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2013, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I performed a test of lottery strategies or systems posted on LP versus quick picks.

I thought I knew what shortly meant, but maybe I don't?

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

My first observation with patterns came from pick 5.  I then did notice them afterwards in pick 3, but two draws per game is difficult to track when you are tracking the other games.  There is only so much time.

Peoples general mantra says quick picks are best for larger games because statistics say they win the most.  These people also generally have not skills on how to apply statitistics to the lottery so I feel their opinions are bunk.

I do see people win with quick picks and sometimes I am the lucky one.  I won 3/5 on a free play last night. ( a free quickpick, although not completely free because i had to earn it.)

You have no control of quickpics bought in a store.

If you are a programmer like RJ, than you can kind of "direct" your quick picks towards something other than completely random.

I prefer my own methods because I have had success with them in the past.  You can develop a system.  You cant develop quickpicks.

Also regarding quickpics winning PB and MM, I know that they supposedly win more with quickpicks, but isn't the total amount of tickets purchased an integral part of the probability statistics regarding their ability to win?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

It should be noted too that all systems players aren't playing by the same rules as is most QP players.

All QP players use the same algorithm in the lottery terminals to make their picks because they have no choice.

While some system players use software developed by commercial vendors others use software developed by themselves for their particular style of play.

System players are as different as apples and oranges and some are successful and others aren't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

It should be noted too that all systems players aren't playing by the same rules as is most QP players.

All QP players use the same algorithm in the lottery terminals to make their picks because they have no choice.

While some system players use software developed by commercial vendors others use software developed by themselves for their particular style of play.

System players are as different as apples and oranges and some are successful and others aren't.

Very true RJ.

Also system players create their own custom statistics, and the only limits to their ways of "looking" at numbers is their imagination.

Granted dumb luck is key in both scenarios, smartluck is a key component to system players. (not meant to be a plug for GH, but it is logical to use your statistics in a smart fashion)

Although I do not know Gwbasic, or any other programming language, (although I plan to one day learn Visual basic), right now I would not be so proficient (at times) of picking numbers if i was not very fluid in Microsoft excel and did not possess keen observational acuity.

Although some methods such as adjacent numbers are used by many players, some players may create a way of looking that has never been tried or will ever be tried by another system player.