Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Systems Versus Quick Pick

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 4 years ago by tmoneyyy.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What is your experience of results with so-called lottery systems or strategies and quick picks?

Lottery Systems Produce Best Results [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
Quick Pick Selections Produce Best Results [ 12 ]  [25.00%]
Combination of Lottery Systems and Quick Pick [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
My Own Number Selections Work Best [ 18 ]  [37.50%]
I Prefer Lottery Syndicates [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19901 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Very true RJ.

Also system players create their own custom statistics, and the only limits to their ways of "looking" at numbers is their imagination.

Granted dumb luck is key in both scenarios, smartluck is a key component to system players. (not meant to be a plug for GH, but it is logical to use your statistics in a smart fashion)

Although I do not know Gwbasic, or any other programming language, (although I plan to one day learn Visual basic), right now I would not be so proficient (at times) of picking numbers if i was not very fluid in Microsoft excel and did not possess keen observational acuity.

Although some methods such as adjacent numbers are used by many players, some players may create a way of looking that has never been tried or will ever be tried by another system player.

I do not know Gwbasic, or any other programming language,

GWBasic was good for learning to program in its day but I should have moved on by now and I didn't.  After Windows XP it can't be used even when compiled.  I will have to eventually find a replacement to use in later versions of Windows.  I brought a copy of Visual Basic 6 years ago but making the change was harder than I thought.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1839 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I do not know Gwbasic, or any other programming language,

GWBasic was good for learning to program in its day but I should have moved on by now and I didn't.  After Windows XP it can't be used even when compiled.  I will have to eventually find a replacement to use in later versions of Windows.  I brought a copy of Visual Basic 6 years ago but making the change was harder than I thought.

RJ download QB64. Closest thing you are going to find to MSBasic or GWBasic. It will run your old programs too.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2013, 12:03 am - IP Logged

RJ download QB64. Closest thing you are going to find to MSBasic or GWBasic. It will run your old programs too.

Thanks someone else suggested the same earlier.  I've been down loading manuals and tutorials for different versions of Basic including JustBasic, KBasic and BBCBasic and haven't found one for QB64.  So far BBCBasic looks like it may be the easiest to move to, it still uses some line numbers.

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1654 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2013, 10:55 am - IP Logged

QP's aren't "controlled" whereas systematic numbers are...or at least they're supposed to be.

Why did that rule come from?  I didn't use it when I wrote the program for my system.

Well, let me rephrase this a bit. Not that it's a "rule", but it is the "intention" to control and direct one's combinations to accomplish a particular feat. The player is in charge of sending the "best" troops to war with a system as opposed to QP's sending anyone available and hoping to win. In addition and within reason, the larger the dedicated army the better the outcome.

It will always be substantially more beneficial to "assign" the numbers to their specific jobs rather than to just let 'em try and figure out what the hell's goin' on.Smash

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19964 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2013, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Well, let me rephrase this a bit. Not that it's a "rule", but it is the "intention" to control and direct one's combinations to accomplish a particular feat. The player is in charge of sending the "best" troops to war with a system as opposed to QP's sending anyone available and hoping to win. In addition and within reason, the larger the dedicated army the better the outcome.

It will always be substantially more beneficial to "assign" the numbers to their specific jobs rather than to just let 'em try and figure out what the hell's goin' on.Smash

L.L.

See Ya!

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
            Vancouver BC
            Canada
            Member #96078
            August 22, 2010
            115 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2013, 3:15 am - IP Logged

Why don't you switch to "C" type language, like C# or C++? Once you've learnt the essentials of programming it should be quite easy to learn a new language. Only syntax differs and generally not that much. In the past 3 years I learnt PHP and C#, liked both of them and was able to start working on larger projects within weeks. In fact, I found that the best way of learning is simply by doing. You will stumble here and there but that's a normal part of learning. I am always prepared for such troubles and treat them as challenges to overcome. And if you run into problems there is plenty of help available on the net. I always use such help extensively. Recently I switched from scratch to Android apps and thanks to tons of info on the net could roll out my first app within just 1 month.

I used to program in Basic many years ago but then encountered C and fell in love with it forever. Once you learn to "C" any other language is a piece of cake - all modern languages are derivatives of C.

Aquarius

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2013, 5:57 am - IP Logged

Why don't you switch to "C" type language, like C# or C++? Once you've learnt the essentials of programming it should be quite easy to learn a new language. Only syntax differs and generally not that much. In the past 3 years I learnt PHP and C#, liked both of them and was able to start working on larger projects within weeks. In fact, I found that the best way of learning is simply by doing. You will stumble here and there but that's a normal part of learning. I am always prepared for such troubles and treat them as challenges to overcome. And if you run into problems there is plenty of help available on the net. I always use such help extensively. Recently I switched from scratch to Android apps and thanks to tons of info on the net could roll out my first app within just 1 month.

I used to program in Basic many years ago but then encountered C and fell in love with it forever. Once you learn to "C" any other language is a piece of cake - all modern languages are derivatives of C.

Aquarius

I Agree! As I've learned in the past when moving from a TI99 to a Vic20 to a Commodore64 to a Tandy1000 to a Emachine to my HP, when I have to learn a change the best way is to just do it.  Right now I feel too comfortable with my HP running Windows XP to make the effort but I will if I ever upgrade to Windows 8 or 8.1.

Evil Looking       

vholling's avatar - batman38

United States
                Member #111200
                May 20, 2011
                959 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

What are your test sheets

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Mostly I play my own numbers because I love to advance play. I know I can still advance play quick picks but I prefer to keep the visit to the store as short as possible. Some store clerks don't even know how to work the machines or are hard of hearing Naughty

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Mostly I play my own numbers because I love to advance play. I know I can still advance play quick picks but I prefer to keep the visit to the store as short as possible. Some store clerks don't even know how to work the machines or are hard of hearing Naughty

I go to as many stores as I can and hang around inviting people to join LP. Yes Nod

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

See Ya!

See Ya!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2013, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I go to as many stores as I can and hang around inviting people to join LP. Yes Nod

Over here people could bite your head off for saying "good morning" lol

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19901 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2013, 8:56 am - IP Logged

I usually avoid talking to strangers or friends about lotteries in stores when buying tickets.  Too many want too much information about the amounts I've won or lost and while paying for their cigarettes and/or beer start whining about they can't afford any lottery tickets.

Evil Looking       

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Broken Arrow Oklahoma
                            United States
                            Member #85721
                            January 21, 2010
                            160 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2013, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

"using my Own system (excel)" 

I have always wondered how a player uses excel to get numbers to play.  Must take a lot of time and what formulas would you use?

I prefer to use my own numbers because I want to think of myself as a mathematician sparing with the numbers.  I think quick picks are for gamblers, unless you are in a hurry.

I use a software program that did not cost much.  I don't win much but even if I spent a lot of time getting numbers I don't think it would help much.  I prefer to spend a little time getting numbers and then playing video games.

Anyone ever heard of Lotto PowerPlayer Ultimate 2013?  It cost $119.  A lot.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2013, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

"Some store clerks don't even know how to work the machines or are hard of hearing Naughty"

Someone once said "Clerks are jerks."

It wasn't me though.

Far be it from me to ever say anything like that.

You kiddin' me?

Some of my best friends are clerks.

Oh man, we go way back.

I even told one he was "a hell of a guy" one time.