Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Given the recent event: Would you allow or do you cut in line on occasion to purchase a ticket?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2013, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I never have-The last LLC- " Lottery Line Cutter" came out smelling more than a Rose..

* Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

-Have a Great Weekend People. .

LottoNick56's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    Tampa, FL
    United States
    Member #121764
    January 16, 2012
    188 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I never have-The last LLC- " Lottery Line Cutter" came out smelling more than a Rose..

* Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

-Have a Great Weekend People. .

I WOULD allow a certain type of person or a person with a legitimate need to cut in line to do so if they so asked kindly enough, but I WOULD NOT cut in line on any occasion to purchase a ticket unless said position were offered to me for some reason.  I do not think I am a person with a legitimate need to cut in line to get a lottery ticket any quicker than anyone else so therefore I would not cut.  Who knows, maybe by cutting, you will be giving up your original predestined spot in line that in the end would result in a jackpot win.  Let the jackpot come to you, do not go and try to manipulate the cosmos in order to try to get it, you may end up screwing yourself in the end.

Good Luck in tonight's Mega Millions drawing all!

...Someone's going to win eventually...

...Never know, could be me...

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I WOULD allow a certain type of person or a person with a legitimate need to cut in line to do so if they so asked kindly enough, but I WOULD NOT cut in line on any occasion to purchase a ticket unless said position were offered to me for some reason.  I do not think I am a person with a legitimate need to cut in line to get a lottery ticket any quicker than anyone else so therefore I would not cut.  Who knows, maybe by cutting, you will be giving up your original predestined spot in line that in the end would result in a jackpot win.  Let the jackpot come to you, do not go and try to manipulate the cosmos in order to try to get it, you may end up screwing yourself in the end.

Given your answer- it cuts both ways. You could be giving up a losing spot for a winning one. How sweet.That's deep, you win by losing...a spot.

Party

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2013, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Cut in front of me No, but if someone behind me has their money out to pay for gas, I'll let them go first. I like your topic because lots of people heard about Gloria and I'm waiting to see a big fight when someone tries to crash the line. LOL

CHERRY HILL, NJ
          United States
          Member #130213
          July 9, 2012
          387 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Politeness Pays: Filipino American Wins Largest Lottery Prize in the Philippines

It works both ways, you can win or lose by giving way to a line-cutter. If its your time to win, its your time to win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Customers cutting in line is not a problem where I buy my tickets and even if it was it wouldn't  effect the numbers on my tickets since I make out play slips.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10392 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Anyone cutting in any line for any reason should be decked.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tampa, FL
                United States
                Member #121764
                January 16, 2012
                188 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I would have loved to be behind you in line in Zephyrhills, FL and have my cell phone video ready as you deck 84-year old Glorida Mackenzie across her head lol

News headline: After Cutting Line To Win Jackpot, Soon-To-Be Multi-Millionaire Struck In Head By Avid Lottery Player

Tampa, FL
                  United States
                  Member #121764
                  January 16, 2012
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Customers cutting in line is not a problem where I buy my tickets and even if it was it wouldn't  effect the numbers on my tickets since I make out play slips.

Playslips for me too. I never like the look of the Quick Picks I buy (i.e. 42 44 48 52 58 + 34) (all over 42, all even).  Yeah, Yeah...all combinations have "equal chance to be drawn"...not to me. I refuse to believe this non-sense!  For me personally, these are bad numbers that I wouldn't pick on my own for a 5+1 jackpot game so why would I allow the QP to pick these for me against my will. Therefore, the person who is "cutting in front of me", simply might be sharing the jackpot with me if my self-picks are given out as QPs or someone else picks the same numbers (unlikely).  I'd rather share the jackpot because of this than buy crappy QP #s and be hardly in the game.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1847 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Anyone cutting in line for any reason should sign a contract with each of the cuttees.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                      Upacreek
                      United States
                      Member #136306
                      December 8, 2012
                      431 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

LOL

-RC

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1654 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2013, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

What ever is supposed to happen at that particular point and time of purchasing tickets will happen. Think about that for a minute or two...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3159 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2013, 1:26 am - IP Logged

What ever is supposed to happen at that particular point and time of purchasing tickets will happen. Think about that for a minute or two...

L.L.

Funny you say that. I'm standing in line staring at a new scratcher that just came out. Guy behind me has his hands full so i let him go ahead. After he pays for groceries, he asked for the same ticket i'm looking at. Thinking to myself, really. Ended up getting a 75$ winner and he probably lost.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2013, 2:44 am - IP Logged

Funny you say that. I'm standing in line staring at a new scratcher that just came out. Guy behind me has his hands full so i let him go ahead. After he pays for groceries, he asked for the same ticket i'm looking at. Thinking to myself, really. Ended up getting a 75$ winner and he probably lost.

Aww man.  RedStang.  You tricked him!  I hope the guy behind you didn't try to deck you for that.

JK

I dont really like it when people encroaching the line near cutoff time.  I will have to bellow a big "EXCUSE ME!!" or else here might be a brawl brewing. 

I mean dude really you can buy your cancer sticks after the cutoff doofus.

Never let a scratchhead get to the counter before you near cutoff time.

They will be their for like 10 minutes , can i have a number 2, and number 5, and a number 12, and two number 13's.

One guy had the nerve to start scratching right at the counter with people behind him.

Scratchheads.No Nod

Never let any lottery players get in front of you, unless there is a cutoff, and you are not playing that game.  Becare ful though, they say they want to play a number, and then you find out they are a scratchead.

I did once cut a whole big line once.  They weren't happy about that.  But you know I have a cutoff!  I was like dude I am very sorry but your beer aint going anywhere!  I might miss 80 grand!

I play early now to avoid that nightmare scenario.  Instead of 5 minutes before cutoff, I make sure to get there 10 minutes before cutoff.Thud

P.S. I dont play quickpicks, so i dont worry about the metaphysical aligning of universal random dumbpicks.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Momma say knock you outBoxing

I Love Pink & Green 1908