Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Given the recent event: Would you allow or do you cut in line on occasion to purchase a ticket?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2013, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Funny you say that. I'm standing in line staring at a new scratcher that just came out. Guy behind me has his hands full so i let him go ahead. After he pays for groceries, he asked for the same ticket i'm looking at. Thinking to myself, really. Ended up getting a 75$ winner and he probably lost.

My point exactly. You allowed him to go ahead of you as an act of pure consideration and kindness...expecting nothing in return. Yet, you were rewarded with a winner...WHICH WAS FOR YOU AT THAT TIME, IN THAT PLACE, ON THAT PARTICULAR SCRATCHER and, ON THE VERY TICKET AFTER THE ONE HE PURCHASED.

No way around destiny, buddy. Congratulations on that win.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2013, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Aww man.  RedStang.  You tricked him!  I hope the guy behind you didn't try to deck you for that.

JK

I dont really like it when people encroaching the line near cutoff time.  I will have to bellow a big "EXCUSE ME!!" or else here might be a brawl brewing. 

I mean dude really you can buy your cancer sticks after the cutoff doofus.

Never let a scratchhead get to the counter before you near cutoff time.

They will be their for like 10 minutes , can i have a number 2, and number 5, and a number 12, and two number 13's.

One guy had the nerve to start scratching right at the counter with people behind him.

Scratchheads.No Nod

Never let any lottery players get in front of you, unless there is a cutoff, and you are not playing that game.  Becare ful though, they say they want to play a number, and then you find out they are a scratchead.

I did once cut a whole big line once.  They weren't happy about that.  But you know I have a cutoff!  I was like dude I am very sorry but your beer aint going anywhere!  I might miss 80 grand!

I play early now to avoid that nightmare scenario.  Instead of 5 minutes before cutoff, I make sure to get there 10 minutes before cutoff.Thud

P.S. I dont play quickpicks, so i dont worry about the metaphysical aligning of universal random dumbpicks.

Hmmm, this is very interesting. I do notice that lots of people like to wait until close to cutoff before purchasing tickets and I always wonder why. I mean, there's always early in the morning on the way to work, lunch time, and on the way home. Hell, why do they even wait until the day of the drawing? Do they not sell tickets for the same draw days ahead of it? Are the numbers jinxed if you buy 'em outside of the jackpot draw date?

I've purchased numbers the day after the last draw, for the next draw, and still managed to get (3) numbers. No fuss no muss...I like to have that relaxed state of mind on that day instead of being all pumped up. When I see people doing all the scratching and trying to win "on the spot" I just look, smile, and hope it works out for 'em. See, the energy you channel towards someone else will often come back to you...be it positive and negative.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living