Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wow! Just Wow! Those elusive numbers

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
C5VetteMN6's avatar - skull
Florida
United States
Member #66781
November 6, 2008
10 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2013, 4:48 am - IP Logged

I'm seriously starting to think the Georgia Fantasty 5 drawings are somehow rigged by a super-computer locked away from public eye.   Over the past few days, wifey and I have played hundreds of combos (using a very expensive "lottery system". 

Last night's numbers were:   2, 3, 4, 5, 19..........what are the odds of that!   About the same as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I think I need a break from this game.....I bought 200 draws, wifey bought 200 - together we "won" 6 free tickets!   I smell a rotten fish.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2013, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I smell someone who finally realizes how difficult the odds are :) You can't assume lotteries are rigged just because you don't win. You may want to consider upgrading your membership to Platinum so you will be able to search past drawings and find hotter numbers to play for your game. Also...spend some time on the Pick 5 forum...plenty of ideas and revelations! Good Luck :)

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2013, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I'm seriously starting to think the Georgia Fantasty 5 drawings are somehow rigged by a super-computer locked away from public eye.   Over the past few days, wifey and I have played hundreds of combos (using a very expensive "lottery system". 

Last night's numbers were:   2, 3, 4, 5, 19..........what are the odds of that!   About the same as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I think I need a break from this game.....I bought 200 draws, wifey bought 200 - together we "won" 6 free tickets!   I smell a rotten fish.

Lottery systems are helpful, but in the end you will need intuition and uncanny timing to win the big one.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2013, 11:30 am - IP Logged

I smell someone who finally realizes how difficult the odds are :) You can't assume lotteries are rigged just because you don't win. You may want to consider upgrading your membership to Platinum so you will be able to search past drawings and find hotter numbers to play for your game. Also...spend some time on the Pick 5 forum...plenty of ideas and revelations! Good Luck :)

I Agree! Lotteries dont need to be rigged because they are keeping their 50% on front no matter what the number draw produces. I like using LP wheels to reduce my numbers pools down to 10-25 lines each draw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2013, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Don't feel bad, a lot of lottery players are having a streak of bad luck right now. 

They couldn't win a decent prize even if they cheated.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Don't feel bad, a lot of lottery players are having a streak of bad luck right now. 

They couldn't win a decent prize even if they cheated.

As luck would have it, cheating would get them long term confinement in a steel cage. Yes Nod

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2013, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Naaaah, it's not rigged at all. You just need to understand what you're really up against here. While it's much better than PB and MM's, it's still a tough field of numbers. Okay, you have a (1-39) game and (5) correct numbers get you the payday. For illustration's sake, I'll round it to (40) numbers. (5) numbers x (8) sub- groups = (40) numbers...correct? You're basically required to pick (5) numbers from either all (8) groups, or, from a single group i.e. 1-8, 9-16, etc. The winning numbers can come from any combination of sub-groups...one number from each even. Or, as per last night's numbers, all but one number was drawn from sub-group (1).

So, to try and "corner" (5) numbers in a 1-39 is going to be a task...not impossible though. I see where a consistent set of numbers may serve very well here. Think about it...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Naaaah, it's not rigged at all. You just need to understand what you're really up against here. While it's much better than PB and MM's, it's still a tough field of numbers. Okay, you have a (1-39) game and (5) correct numbers get you the payday. For illustration's sake, I'll round it to (40) numbers. (5) numbers x (8) sub- groups = (40) numbers...correct? You're basically required to pick (5) numbers from either all (8) groups, or, from a single group i.e. 1-8, 9-16, etc. The winning numbers can come from any combination of sub-groups...one number from each even. Or, as per last night's numbers, all but one number was drawn from sub-group (1).

So, to try and "corner" (5) numbers in a 1-39 is going to be a task...not impossible though. I see where a consistent set of numbers may serve very well here. Think about it...

L.L.

Nice work LL. I have always favored a consistent set of numbers (I play work-outs too) Having a "regular" set makes me feel like I'm NOT chasing the wind and providing a "moving" target for the draw to hit. Also I hate the idea of thinking that the numbers I played last week HIT on this weeks drawing.....Sad

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Nice work LL. I have always favored a consistent set of numbers (I play work-outs too) Having a "regular" set makes me feel like I'm NOT chasing the wind and providing a "moving" target for the draw to hit. Also I hate the idea of thinking that the numbers I played last week HIT on this weeks drawing.....Sad

Thanks, Ronnie. I like to simplify things as much as possible so people understand better. Yeah, this is the drawback of having a truly "dedicated" set of numbers...when you don't, or, can't play 'em they'll hit every time! It'll get better, don't worry.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Ronnie. I like to simplify things as much as possible so people understand better. Yeah, this is the drawback of having a truly "dedicated" set of numbers...when you don't, or, can't play 'em they'll hit every time! It'll get better, don't worry.

L.L.

Like the OP I also have a problem keeping the number of lines down to a playable number for each draw. I'm up to 12 favorite numbers an a 4 if 4 keyed wheel is 47 lines which is too many for consistent play. I have opted for play 10 numbers which is 25 lines for a more "conservative" bet. LOL

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps we could get away with talking financial markets in the Gaming Forum?

United States
                        Member #128790
                        June 2, 2012
                        5431 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Same odds as 3-7-16-22-29

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                          Upacreek
                          United States
                          Member #136306
                          December 8, 2012
                          428 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2013, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

It is all about the odds... what's crazy it that 2,3,4,5,19 have the same odds as any other number combination to hit again tonight. 

I struggle to wrap my mind around that probability.

Has anyone ever played the exact same winning numbers from the previous drawing the night/day before for the next upcoming drawing?

Does anybody know if that's ever happened for larger number sets (pick 5, 6, MM and PB)?  I would imagine that it's more likely with Pick 3 and 4..

-RC

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                            Park City, UT
                            United States
                            Member #69864
                            January 18, 2009
                            993 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2013, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

It is all about the odds... what's crazy it that 2,3,4,5,19 have the same odds as any other number combination to hit again tonight. 

I struggle to wrap my mind around that probability.

Has anyone ever played the exact same winning numbers from the previous drawing the night/day before for the next upcoming drawing?

Does anybody know if that's ever happened for larger number sets (pick 5, 6, MM and PB)?  I would imagine that it's more likely with Pick 3 and 4..

I wouldn't play the same numbers from a previous draw for a cash 5 game but would consider it for Pick3 (box) if I did not have a better strategy to employ.

Jimmy

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2013, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Think of it this way. Some cities and towns in Georgia have regular Georgia Fantasy 5 players who probaly put down more than $5,000 each night and have not had a winner in years. Playing the lottery is really an exercise at futility. But we still play.

That money's gone fo ever