Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If a store offered Quickpicks as rewards, would you shop there?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
CHERRY HILL, NJ
United States
Member #130213
July 9, 2012
387 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

An idea just hit me, maybe our local Shoprite should offer Lottery Quickpicks as loyalty rewards instead of free turkeys or coupons you dont get to use. If your local store offered this, would you shop with them ?

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1182 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

An idea just hit me, maybe our local Shoprite should offer Lottery Quickpicks as loyalty rewards instead of free turkeys or coupons you dont get to use. If your local store offered this, would you shop with them ?

I wouldn't shop with a store just because they offered QP's, but if they were on par with Publix (pricewise, cleanliness-wise, and customer service-wise) then yes, I'd go there over going to Publix.

The crappy coupons that Kroger or Winn Dixie gives me I never use. It's always for something or some brand I have no interest in. And I only go to Kroger if I have no choice, so their coupons definitely aren't a lure for me. If they offered QP's instead of the useless coupons, I'd probably be inclined to stop there to pick up groceries more often instead of driving the extra miles to get to Publix like I do now. 

But if Publix offered QP's, Kroger would never see me again.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2013, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

So you like Publix?

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2013, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I like Kroger's myself. In AZ it's call Fry's.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2013, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2013, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Edmond only has three grocery store chains Walmart, Homeland(use to be Albertson) also very expensive and Crest where I shop but they don't sell lottery tickets.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4104 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Depends- if they gave 1qp  for $25-$30 sales, forget it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Years ago there was a car dealer in a city near here that gave out bunches of lottery tickets with each car sold.  I don't remember any of his customers winning a jackpot but he won a couple.  The first one he shared with all his employees and the second one he kept for himself, sold the dealership and moved to Florida.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2013, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Depends.  If they gave a QP for every 2 dollars I spent I'd probably go to Fred Meyer more often.  If they only gave one QP per $25, which is much more realistic, I'd be losing money to shop there.  I'd stick with WinCo and save 30% on my grocery bill which I could use to buy my own lottery tickets.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                    Member #142499
                    May 13, 2013
                    1182 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

I like Kroger's myself. In AZ it's call Fry's.

Yeah, Publix is my favorite grocery store. When it comes to customer service, no one but Costco compares to them. I've been to only 2 Krogers and they both sucked. Their customer service reminded me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi. 

I shopped at Meijer when I visited Michigan, and that was a SUPERmarket. It had everything.One stop shopping, food, furniture, clothes, electronics, school supplies. With that type of grocery store competition, I think the free lottery tickets gimmick is a good idea. Definitely better than the sucky coupons.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2013, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Quickpicks are cheap and most of them are losers. I'd rather they offered me a bag of Lays chips + Arizona drink. My fav snacks Naughty

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, Publix is my favorite grocery store. When it comes to customer service, no one but Costco compares to them. I've been to only 2 Krogers and they both sucked. Their customer service reminded me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi. 

I shopped at Meijer when I visited Michigan, and that was a SUPERmarket. It had everything.One stop shopping, food, furniture, clothes, electronics, school supplies. With that type of grocery store competition, I think the free lottery tickets gimmick is a good idea. Definitely better than the sucky coupons.

I go to Super Walmart for one stop shopping.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Edmond only has three grocery store chains Walmart, Homeland(use to be Albertson) also very expensive and Crest where I shop but they don't sell lottery tickets.

My Grand parents lived in Edmond on Valley View Rd.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Quickpicks are cheap and most of them are losers. I'd rather they offered me a bag of Lays chips + Arizona drink. My fav snacks Naughty

I love losing QPs, great fun. I played our lucky 13 line for tonight's PB draw.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I love losing QPs, great fun. I played our lucky 13 line for tonight's PB draw.

I think losing for many years makes winning feel heavenly lol like finding a $20 that you didn't know you had

That money's gone fo ever