Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If a store offered Quickpicks as rewards, would you shop there?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #61435
May 22, 2008
908 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't shop with a store just because they offered QP's, but if they were on par with Publix (pricewise, cleanliness-wise, and customer service-wise) then yes, I'd go there over going to Publix.

The crappy coupons that Kroger or Winn Dixie gives me I never use. It's always for something or some brand I have no interest in. And I only go to Kroger if I have no choice, so their coupons definitely aren't a lure for me. If they offered QP's instead of the useless coupons, I'd probably be inclined to stop there to pick up groceries more often instead of driving the extra miles to get to Publix like I do now. 

But if Publix offered QP's, Kroger would never see me again.

Publix used to give out S&H Greenstamps you could collect and use towards buying items form the S&H catalog (what is a catalog, lol).

Would be nice if they would offer 1 quick pick for every $50.00 spent..Honestly, I love Publix tho so I would go regardless.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Yeah. As it is payout is horrible. I last won $150 over 3 years ago after playing MM forever.

I Agree! I only hit once myself in the past 10 years. It was $450. but only because I used to play a lot of repeat numbers and collected $150. three times on one ticket.

Florida
      United States
      Member #61435
      May 22, 2008
      908 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2013, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Yeah. As it is payout is horrible. I last won $150 over 3 years ago after playing MM forever.

Personally I have noticed the payout and the frequency of win of Powerball are better... I have been playing MM since it came to FL and I def win more so far with PB...

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I "absotively" would! To reward a customer with lotto tickets for patronizing with 'em? Free tickets! Hell yeah! Then, when you win on one of 'em, you have the braggin' rights of saying, "I won and I didn't even buy a ticket!" Nope, Lucky has no issues with shopping at a store of this caliber.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7313 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2013, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Personally I have noticed the payout and the frequency of win of Powerball are better... I have been playing MM since it came to FL and I def win more so far with PB...

The overall odds of 1 in 31.8 on PB are better than the 1 with 39.9 in MM, but the ticket cost twice as much. The odds are the same using the Megaplier option but the payoffs favor MM.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1183 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2013, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Publix used to give out S&H Greenstamps you could collect and use towards buying items form the S&H catalog (what is a catalog, lol).

Would be nice if they would offer 1 quick pick for every $50.00 spent..Honestly, I love Publix tho so I would go regardless.

I have no idea what an S&H Greenstamp is. But  I do know that last year Publix did those $5 off every $30 you spend, then it went to $5 off every $50 you spend coupon promotions. Those came in really handy. Winn Dixie did that too, but since Publix accepts competitor coupons, I still didn't have to go to Winn Dixie to use them. If Publix gave me a free QP for every $20 I spent, no other place could lure me away. Considering how much we spend on groceries per month, that would be a whole lot of free tickets I would no longer need to buy separately.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5121 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2013, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't shop with a store just because they offered QP's, but if they were on par with Publix (pricewise, cleanliness-wise, and customer service-wise) then yes, I'd go there over going to Publix.

The crappy coupons that Kroger or Winn Dixie gives me I never use. It's always for something or some brand I have no interest in. And I only go to Kroger if I have no choice, so their coupons definitely aren't a lure for me. If they offered QP's instead of the useless coupons, I'd probably be inclined to stop there to pick up groceries more often instead of driving the extra miles to get to Publix like I do now. 

But if Publix offered QP's, Kroger would never see me again.

Tdi:

We will never C ah major grocery chain R regionial grocery chain giving away lottery tickets 2 encourage D

people 2 shop at one of dare big box R little box stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grocery chains R big promoters of "food stamps" and other government assist programs. They pay big $$

2D lobbist on K street in DC 2 keep expanding money 4 food and health products. They now have   big $$

pool of money ( millions of domestic and poor immergrant customers ) with gov money buy'n  food 4 free!

Meanwhile, full-time and part-time people R payn 4 their food and health products with money they work

4 29 32 44 52 + 56 hours a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would D big boxe$$$ want 2 upset their GRAVEY TRAIN?????

The gov may say boxe$$$ R promot'g gambel'g 2 poor & immergrant$$$

and we must not do that 2 anyone. We can watch all that free money eat

up all our working money as the price of food>health>&>everything else

go ^^^UP^^^UP^^^UP!!!!!!!!!UP^^^UP^^^UP^^^UP^^^not again!

^^UP^^U^^ME^^"WIN JACKPOT"$$

PartyDanceHope U had Great 4thDanceParty

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1649 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Tdi:

We will never C ah major grocery chain R regionial grocery chain giving away lottery tickets 2 encourage D

people 2 shop at one of dare big box R little box stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grocery chains R big promoters of "food stamps" and other government assist programs. They pay big $$

2D lobbist on K street in DC 2 keep expanding money 4 food and health products. They now have   big $$

pool of money ( millions of domestic and poor immergrant customers ) with gov money buy'n  food 4 free!

Meanwhile, full-time and part-time people R payn 4 their food and health products with money they work

4 29 32 44 52 + 56 hours a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy, you have no idea just how much merit is within this post...and thank you!!! Soooo many people have the whole food stamp politics deal all wrong because they don't understand the motive behind it...nor the $$$$$ involved. Most of all, people don't actually know "who" is really pushing the project. There's also a lot more to the health care policy, but that's another story.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #61435
                  May 22, 2008
                  908 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Amen to Psyco and Lucky Loser....both spot on.  The rabbit hole is deep, all around each of us and as a nation.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

An idea just hit me, maybe our local Shoprite should offer Lottery Quickpicks as loyalty rewards instead of free turkeys or coupons you dont get to use. If your local store offered this, would you shop with them ?

I'll never happen, it would cost to much, they make $ w/ the turkey cause you buy the rest of the dinner there also,

coupons, they still make $ just a little less.

for every $1 ticket they gave away they would lose 95 cents.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10351 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Teddi,

A long time ago grocery stores used to issue S & H Greenstamps, and books, depending on how many dollars you spent. It took so many stamps to fill up a book. There were separate S & H Greenstamp stores and the prices on things in the stores was a certain number of books filled up with S & H Greenstamps.

Re: the question opf the OP, for me it wouldn't be a reason to shop there as it would probably be just another gimmick to jack up some prices.

The strongest word in advertising is free.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Japan
                        Member #131605
                        August 14, 2012
                        372 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2013, 1:16 am - IP Logged

It have to be atleast every $5 spent get a QP.

I'd do it yeah sure, I mean it works if I was already planing to spend 5 - 20 dollars anyway.

So heres the catch...will the store(s) have hidden print saying they (themselves) get a part of your JP win? We're talking getting anactual percentage of your winings. Say 10%??No No

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1183 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2013, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Tdi:

I think you're wrong. I think they'd lose much more money accepting competitor coupons (such as the $5 off every $30 spent Winn Dixie coupons accepted at Publix) than they would if they gave you a lottery ticket valued at a buck for every $20, $25 or $30 spent. $5 off vs $1 off. Do you really believe they're losing more money via giving away a lottery ticket if they come at it the same way as $x off for every $y spent?

I'm not really seeing how this has anything whatsoever to do with welfare or food stamps or lobbyists. 

IF a supermarket offered you free lottery tickets, would you shop there. Not would a supermarket ever do it or not. Would you shop there if they did?

United States
                            Member #142499
                            May 13, 2013
                            1183 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

It have to be atleast every $5 spent get a QP.

I'd do it yeah sure, I mean it works if I was already planing to spend 5 - 20 dollars anyway.

So heres the catch...will the store(s) have hidden print saying they (themselves) get a part of your JP win? We're talking getting anactual percentage of your winings. Say 10%??No No

If they did that I'd go to my regular grocery store or buy my own tickets. The supermarket will already be given a bonus if the winning ticket came from their store. Demanding an additional cut would not be looked on well. 

Any store that adopts this will be doing it only as a marketing ploy. Demanding money from a winning shopper would defeat the entire purpose. A better caveat would be to make the winner do a press conference there, or some local advertising/commercials for the supermarket. If a store is seen as lucky, more people would go there to get their tickets and do more shopping. Just like those gas stations on the Michigan Mile that people see as lucky. People go there to buy gas and purchase tickets instead of going somewhere else.

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1183 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I "absotively" would! To reward a customer with lotto tickets for patronizing with 'em? Free tickets! Hell yeah! Then, when you win on one of 'em, you have the braggin' rights of saying, "I won and I didn't even buy a ticket!" Nope, Lucky has no issues with shopping at a store of this caliber.

L.L.

LOL. Totally Agree I Agree!