Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever won a pick 4 straight before ?

Topic closed. 1282 replies. Last post 3 years ago by tuto.

Page 3 of 86
PrintE-mailLink
Las Vegas, NV
United States
Member #44841
August 9, 2006
1749 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Now, you're talking!!! Convenience is the name of the game here compiled with better odds if you understand how to work it. Actually, a much better payday is available to the savvy player. I've won str8 a few times as it's the only way I play, but I've also lost profits because my approach wasn't consistent enough and I was upside down with my numbers ratio.

High percentage of matching odds, but a relatively low profit caused some issues so I backed off for a while to regroup and fine tune my approach. It's very addictive, the money, and is night and day from Pick3 $$$. Requires discipline.

L.L.

Hi LL,

Care to elaborate on your finely tuned approach?  I'm trying to narrow down my long list and could use some ideas/help ...

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2013, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Really?  The only question I will get asked is, "How did you come up with the winning number"?

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo, they always ask us that here, when we go to cash in a winning ticket.

And, get your 1099 if it's anything over $600.00,  so Uncle Sam can get his cut.

I'm not knocking it, but, "Ain't nobody got time for that", lmaooooooooooooooooo

If I spend $2.00 on the same number, I can win $12,000.00 on a pick 4 straight, and be at a lottery headquarters within 30 minutes.

And if I have over $12,000.00 in my bank account at that time, I can cash my own check.  Banana

Let me know how it works out for you, when you win.

Good Luck.

Wow! Looks like all wins and no losses here!! Big bucks and no whammies. Sounds like we should be following YOUR lead..and I'm impressed. I don't care to know your approach, but I'd be interested in knowing just how often you play, how many numbers are involved on a given play, and the cost to run those numbers.

Also, what is the lapse in between wins...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2013, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi LL,

Care to elaborate on your finely tuned approach?  I'm trying to narrow down my long list and could use some ideas/help ...

Still working on mine, buddy. I just recently told helpmewin that I was overhauling my deal in an effort curb losses (profit loss). I will tell you this, though, it's not cheap at all...the way I play. I max out what I can afford to lose on a single play and balance that out over (X) amount of plays. It's all about averages and the consistency which accommodate those averages. As I said before, I've definitely lost money on both games...which is how I learned to win and control my losses.

I'm pretty sure what I do is out of your budget but, I may still be able to help in some way. There's a poster here that seems to have it figured out and, they may be the ultimate option per dollar from what I can see. I'd want to see the overall cost and profit spread in relation to how long it took before anything else, though. Just my .02. Everything has a catch...and I've disclosed what mine is.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Canada
        Member #138493
        January 28, 2013
        627 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2013, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Now, you're talking!!! Convenience is the name of the game here compiled with better odds if you understand how to work it. Actually, a much better payday is available to the savvy player. I've won str8 a few times as it's the only way I play, but I've also lost profits because my approach wasn't consistent enough and I was upside down with my numbers ratio.

High percentage of matching odds, but a relatively low profit caused some issues so I backed off for a while to regroup and fine tune my approach. It's very addictive, the money, and is night and day from Pick3 $$$. Requires discipline.

L.L.

Yes  this can be addictive i agree ! i got addicted playing the pick 4, but i'm the kind of person if i win $500 i will take half and please myself or buy something that will remind me where the money came from, i'm not the kind to blow all my winnings trying to win more ! lol !!!  good luck on getting more straight hits !

I WIN $5000 MONTHLY AND EASILY, PLAYING PICK 4 !

JE SUIS UN GRAND GAGNANT ET JE VOIS GRAND !

Start treating WINNING the lottery as a JOB...and then maybe you won't need a job !

United States
          Member #116344
          September 8, 2011
          3927 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi LL,

Start with, why you have a long list? ask yourself , am here for adrelanin rush(compulsive) or here to  WIN? These reflections will tune your approach in waging stategy. I wage only str8 bets within a certain time frame,hence consistent when my triggers are located. Waging on many picks for box hits is not cost effective, is pretty much expensive.

Las Vegas, NV
            United States
            Member #44841
            August 9, 2006
            1749 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2013, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Start with, why you have a long list? ask yourself , am here for adrelanin rush(compulsive) or here to  WIN? These reflections will tune your approach in waging stategy. I wage only str8 bets within a certain time frame,hence consistent when my triggers are located. Waging on many picks for box hits is not cost effective, is pretty much expensive.

Okay, your questions would be on point if I were just pulling numbers out of the sky or using every license plate I happened to see go by.  But lets say you're using past history for a specific 1-2 week period for the month of July going back since the game began, and with that history you break down all the repeats, repeat triads, most hitting pairs etc.  Then you put that against current missing digits and/or current hot digits ... You see where I'm going with this? It could amount to at least 10-20 triads alone that all look prime ... which even when looking for certain digits to drop can amount to A LOT OF PLAYS.  I'M NOT NEW TO THIS ... I've gotten very nice straights (Pick-3 and 4) from dreams alone (no special strategy needed) so please don't insult. 

My question was aimed at finding out another players specific strategy used in getting those SELECT picks. One that makes it easier to trim down a list to say 10-12 plays, instead of 25 or more ... straight or box.  Sometimes chasing those straights only makes you lose out on the boxes that would keep you in the game longer!  And I wasn't addressing budget or whether I could afford to play or not.

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Yes  this can be addictive i agree ! i got addicted playing the pick 4, but i'm the kind of person if i win $500 i will take half and please myself or buy something that will remind me where the money came from, i'm not the kind to blow all my winnings trying to win more ! lol !!!  good luck on getting more straight hits !

if i win $500 i will take half and please myself

Green laugh                      Naughty

Just curious, are you left handed or right handed?Green laugh

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                Member #81314
                October 16, 2009
                18989 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

if i win $500 i will take half and please myself

Green laugh                      Naughty

Just curious, are you left handed or right handed?Green laugh

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo@ onlymoney

The Struggle is real!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                  Watervliet, New York
                  United States
                  Member #1100
                  February 2, 2003
                  3192 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2013, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Okay, your questions would be on point if I were just pulling numbers out of the sky or using every license plate I happened to see go by.  But lets say you're using past history for a specific 1-2 week period for the month of July going back since the game began, and with that history you break down all the repeats, repeat triads, most hitting pairs etc.  Then you put that against current missing digits and/or current hot digits ... You see where I'm going with this? It could amount to at least 10-20 triads alone that all look prime ... which even when looking for certain digits to drop can amount to A LOT OF PLAYS.  I'M NOT NEW TO THIS ... I've gotten very nice straights (Pick-3 and 4) from dreams alone (no special strategy needed) so please don't insult. 

My question was aimed at finding out another players specific strategy used in getting those SELECT picks. One that makes it easier to trim down a list to say 10-12 plays, instead of 25 or more ... straight or box.  Sometimes chasing those straights only makes you lose out on the boxes that would keep you in the game longer!  And I wasn't addressing budget or whether I could afford to play or not.

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

Hi Ms Feisty just thought I would chime in and see what you are up against but seeing they are just novice players it would not be worth my effort maybe if they would just HANDICAP the long list then it would be more managible! LOL  If you are playing the NY Take 5 game I like the 9 & 28 as Power Numbas LOL  Good luck tonight.  Take care

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

Las Vegas, NV
                    United States
                    Member #44841
                    August 9, 2006
                    1749 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2013, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi there Minkski my friend! I have to come back to that T5 thread where there are REAL players that aren't afraid to talk a little strategy ... I haven't been playing Take-5 or Cali's Fan5 lately, instead switching solely to P3/P4 because I can play for myself on one of those sites we're not supposed to talk about ... instead of trying to work with family back in Fuhgettaboutit NY Disapprove

Talk with you soon, and good luck tonight!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                      Watervliet, New York
                      United States
                      Member #1100
                      February 2, 2003
                      3192 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi there Minkski my friend! I have to come back to that T5 thread where there are REAL players that aren't afraid to talk a little strategy ... I haven't been playing Take-5 or Cali's Fan5 lately, instead switching solely to P3/P4 because I can play for myself on one of those sites we're not supposed to talk about ... instead of trying to work with family back in Fuhgettaboutit NY Disapprove

Talk with you soon, and good luck tonight!

Thumbs UpWink

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
                        Member #116344
                        September 8, 2011
                        3927 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, you misinterpreted what  I posted, no insults.

''if I were just pulling numbers out of the sky or using every license plate I happened to see go by''.

I  did not alluded or even presumed the above statement, but rather suggesting whatever parameters in place for your picks should be observed and adjust waging  strategy. Sorry, discard the suggestion, no insult intended

Las Vegas, NV
                          United States
                          Member #44841
                          August 9, 2006
                          1749 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, you misinterpreted what  I posted, no insults.

''if I were just pulling numbers out of the sky or using every license plate I happened to see go by''.

I  did not alluded or even presumed the above statement, but rather suggesting whatever parameters in place for your picks should be observed and adjust waging  strategy. Sorry, discard the suggestion, no insult intended

Apology accepted, and I know my reply might have come across a little harsh but unfortunately the mere act of asking a question here or on any other LP forum seems to imply that the person asking doesn't know what they're doing or talking about and should be shot down or made to look like a complusive gambler, newbie, whatever ... etc.  This is a lottery & games of chance site for goodness sake! 

And I went to great lengths to show in my example above that it is still difficult to narrow the picks using any form of observation to get that straight hit without playing a considerable number of combinations within a specific time frame.  Which then FORCES you to adjust your wagering strategy before the money runs out ... if one of those numbers hasn't hit.

United States
                            Member #116344
                            September 8, 2011
                            3927 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Apology accepted, and I know my reply might have come across a little harsh but unfortunately the mere act of asking a question here or on any other LP forum seems to imply that the person asking doesn't know what they're doing or talking about and should be shot down or made to look like a complusive gambler, newbie, whatever ... etc.  This is a lottery & games of chance site for goodness sake! 

And I went to great lengths to show in my example above that it is still difficult to narrow the picks using any form of observation to get that straight hit without playing a considerable number of combinations within a specific time frame.  Which then FORCES you to adjust your wagering strategy before the money runs out ... if one of those numbers hasn't hit.

You might want take a look at this method, is not conventional. Is mostly positional digits play based on 'assumed' movement in sample space 0-9:

draw set range            pairs/ triads combo (digits are positional)

0 thru 3                         8679

4 thru 6                        1327

7 thru 9                        5124

So in a draw set 125, you inclined to choose 8679 as BASE since the draw 125 is within range 0 thru 3, you best pair is 86-87 -89 (positional) over 67-69. the priority of positions reduces your picks and level of str8 bets increases. Just take a glance of your state results, no harm in backtesting.  X is draw range.

Las Vegas, NV
                              United States
                              Member #44841
                              August 9, 2006
                              1749 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

You might want take a look at this method, is not conventional. Is mostly positional digits play based on 'assumed' movement in sample space 0-9:

draw set range            pairs/ triads combo (digits are positional)

0 thru 3                         8679

4 thru 6                        1327

7 thru 9                        5124

So in a draw set 125, you inclined to choose 8679 as BASE since the draw 125 is within range 0 thru 3, you best pair is 86-87 -89 (positional) over 67-69. the priority of positions reduces your picks and level of str8 bets increases. Just take a glance of your state results, no harm in backtesting.  X is draw range.

Thank you.  I will give it look see and let you know what happens.  I'll be using NY's P3 & P4 numbers.  This sounds like what you've posted in your 'RECURRING' thread which I took note of but haven't had the time to backtest.  If using this can determine not only a solid upcoming pair and/or triad in short order as well as the position, then it will DRAMATICALLY reduce the number of combos needed to play and should be D-Y-N-O-M-I-T-E!  Big Smile

Page 3 of 86