Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Store Clerk...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
rekjavik
Iceland
Member #99537
October 27, 2010
177 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2013, 7:15 am - IP Logged

So.. I go to get my normal 2x 5 line tickets... But she brings me 2x 10 line.

I tell her no.. I only get 2x 5 line.

She replies: Well its the same thing, So can you take one 10 line..

I reply No it is not the same thing for me, I only get 2x 5 line,

She gives me attitude and brings 2x 5 line...

Its not that im cheap I just play the way I play and will not change it.

How much energy will it take for her to press the cancel button and put the card in the machine?

I just needed to vent.....Mad.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2013, 7:30 am - IP Logged

How much energy will it take for her to press the cancel button and put the card in the machine?

Crazy

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2013, 8:02 am - IP Logged

Never refuse a 'mistake' when you are playing the lottery especially if it's one you can buy. Let me explain. A long time ago when I use to live in New York, I use to go to the same store and hang out and chat with the owner. One morning I played my usual numbers and  NY lotto tickets. As I was chatting with the owner, a customer came in so I just waited until he was done. The owner thought the guy wanted 5  NY lotto quick picks so he printed the tickets. The guy was pissed off and said " I said I only wanted one dollar quick-pick". He was very angry and I saw that the owner was getting angry too so I said: " I'll take it". Before he walked out he said: " I hope that ticket isn't the jackpot". The next day I checked my numbers and I was shocked to find out that I had 5 numbers and had won $1,500 more or less (It was so long ago). I was so happy and the owner couldn't believe it either. Ever since then I vow not to refuse a ticket that was printed out in 'error' ( of course if I have the money to buy it). I believe that God, the universe, fate or whatever you believe in was trying to guide me. So my point is that sometimes the 'forces' uses people to guide you to your destiny. It was a wake up moment for me. Don't get me wrong. I still angry when the clerk here puts in the wrong numbers especially if its clearly written but now I see things differently. I sure other here have had similair experences.

Play to win!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2013, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Never refuse a 'mistake' when you are playing the lottery especially if it's one you can buy. Let me explain. A long time ago when I use to live in New York, I use to go to the same store and hang out and chat with the owner. One morning I played my usual numbers and  NY lotto tickets. As I was chatting with the owner, a customer came in so I just waited until he was done. The owner thought the guy wanted 5  NY lotto quick picks so he printed the tickets. The guy was pissed off and said " I said I only wanted one dollar quick-pick". He was very angry and I saw that the owner was getting angry too so I said: " I'll take it". Before he walked out he said: " I hope that ticket isn't the jackpot". The next day I checked my numbers and I was shocked to find out that I had 5 numbers and had won $1,500 more or less (It was so long ago). I was so happy and the owner couldn't believe it either. Ever since then I vow not to refuse a ticket that was printed out in 'error' ( of course if I have the money to buy it). I believe that God, the universe, fate or whatever you believe in was trying to guide me. So my point is that sometimes the 'forces' uses people to guide you to your destiny. It was a wake up moment for me. Don't get me wrong. I still angry when the clerk here puts in the wrong numbers especially if its clearly written but now I see things differently. I sure other here have had similair experences.

My thoughts exactly...and I just made the same comment in another thread. Mistake tickets are known to be winners and blessings in disguise! Maybe not all the time, but it'll be the time a person decides, "I don't want these numbers because a couple of 'em repeat here", or, "I didn't want to spend the extra buck for the multiplier" etc...only to end up matching (5) numbers with no multiplier now.

Hell, I've seen people walk out and leave their cards with their numbers scratched in sitting on the stand because the line was too long. If I'm only gonna get some QP's anyway, I just grab that card and have the clerk run those numbers!! Never know, just might get someone's else's fortune based on their impatience technicality! I believe in sh*t like this big time!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
          Kentucky
          United States
          Member #35086
          March 12, 2006
          10374 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I have told it a couple times before on here  ,  but  true   story

A friend of mine ( I met her years after it happened )  was a clerk in a store and a guy came in  with a line of  numbers

A mistake was made by  her  and the guy got upset , so she told him he didnt have to take the ticket......he  wouldnt  and  he   didnt

She  correctly  got   the  line  of  numbers  he  wanted  and  off  he   went  ( leaving his mistake ticket behind )

Ticket laid there all day and when her relief came on  , and it was time for her to go home , her  relief asked ,  whats this ticket  laying here ,  so my friend  told her   ,  that a guy had came in and she had made a mistake on his  ticket , and he  got upset  and  wouldnt take  it

So as my friend was leaving  to go  home  ,  she  said  ,    I  will  buy   it

Two  winners  that  nite.........she was one of them..........on   30   million  (  if  I   remember  correct )  but  anyway , it  was the  Big  one

It  was   a   state   lottery  only   back   then

People came out of the  woodwork back then  (  I  heard  ) and  tried  to claim the ticket , the person  that left it  , and  the owner that she worked for  , saying they were not allowed to buy tickets ( but there  was no  such rules at the place ) and as for the person  that left it   ,  he was out of luck   also  ( as it should be ) ......this part of the story was just hearsay........but  some people being  what they are and Greed being what it is  , that I have seen in many  people  , I would say there's a good  chance  this  part of the story is  true  also

I  heard  the  story  for  many  years  and  met  her  years  later  and  she  became  one  of   my   friends

I  have  never  once   ever mentioned  or  asked  her about it (  as where  I  come from .....thats  called   being   nosey  )

Morrow  Of  The  Story..............Never  Leave  A   Mistake  Ticket   Behind...........

I  never  have  to   this   day

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

When the jackpot gets big some store owners will print a $20 ticket and hang it on the terminal for people to see and buy. Every time the "mistake" ticket gets purchased they print another one and hang it up for the next "mistake" ticket buyer. Its a great way to sell some extra tickets and make some exrta money for the store.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7325 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2013, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Even when we're specific, I guess it doesn't matter where you live because there will always be a communication difference. The trick is finding a clerk that will give us exactly what we're asking for. And good luck finding one.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

When the jackpot gets big some store owners will print a $20 ticket and hang it on the terminal for people to see and buy. Every time the "mistake" ticket gets purchased they print another one and hang it up for the next "mistake" ticket buyer. Its a great way to sell some extra tickets and make some exrta money for the store.

They should hang a 20 dollar tix anyways whether or not anyone makes mistakes or not, mostly during the rush hours. There could be some long gaps between mistakes. lol

Everytime someone buys a 20 tix during the rush hour and it's fringes, hang up another one right away. Then just about when you think rush hour is starting to fizzle out, stop hanging them.

My consultation fees are zip, nada. Green laugh

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #129225
                  June 13, 2012
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

If you want your tickets a certain way just use a play slip.  If you fill it out correctly there cannot be any mistakes.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                    If you don't like it, spit it out!
                    United States
                    Member #4756
                    May 23, 2004
                    3433 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

If you want your tickets a certain way just use a play slip.  If you fill it out correctly there cannot be any mistakes.

I Agree!  I agree, it takes any questions out of the equation. Nobody can get mad at anyone else.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      rekjavik
                      Iceland
                      Member #99537
                      October 27, 2010
                      177 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2013, 8:18 am - IP Logged

It was QP tickets....Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

loonasee2's avatar - ty789 zpsxdhaaskf.jpg
                        Orangutan Forest
                        United States
                        Member #95128
                        August 4, 2010
                        12818 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2013, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I agree ,buy those mistakes,.....................this happened to my daughter well tending college in Syracuse,ny,......she worked in a tobacco shop in the mall .Customer walks in orders 5 dollars qp worth of take 5,.........as she hands them to the customer,the customer snaps "are you stupid" I ordered lotto,..after a few more slurs from this guy my daughter 's in tears.She got the guy his lotto and he left .She takes five dollars of her money and purchases her first lottery ticket.

Two weeks later well organizing her purse ,she comes across that ticket.She checked the numbers and found she had won 1438.00 having four numbers correct.

She was really hoping that customer and her paths would cross,so she could let that guy know how much of a dumbazz he was.

cashbuckets of cash

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                          If you don't like it, spit it out!
                          United States
                          Member #4756
                          May 23, 2004
                          3433 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2013, 10:16 am - IP Logged

It was QP tickets....Cheers

You can mark off the QP on ticket play slips... Sad Cheers

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2013, 10:23 am - IP Logged

You can mark off the QP on ticket play slips... Sad Cheers

Thumbs Up Mark and win, I always say.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Crazy

Dead