Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Store Clerk...

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2013, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I agree ,buy those mistakes,.....................this happened to my daughter well tending college in Syracuse,ny,......she worked in a tobacco shop in the mall .Customer walks in orders 5 dollars qp worth of take 5,.........as she hands them to the customer,the customer snaps "are you stupid" I ordered lotto,..after a few more slurs from this guy my daughter 's in tears.She got the guy his lotto and he left .She takes five dollars of her money and purchases her first lottery ticket.

Two weeks later well organizing her purse ,she comes across that ticket.She checked the numbers and found she had won 1438.00 having four numbers correct.

She was really hoping that customer and her paths would cross,so she could let that guy know how much of a dumbazz he was.

I buy mistakes but have yet to capitalize on them. I'm feeling as though cutting in line may be worth a try?

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/262097

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    rekjavik
    Iceland
    Member #99537
    October 27, 2010
    177 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I guess I'm stuck in my routine I always get 2x 5... and then play my self picks on the play slips.

I just don't believe in the 10 line QP. I have more luck with the 2x 5.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      rekjavik
      Iceland
      Member #99537
      October 27, 2010
      177 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

I buy mistakes but have yet to capitalize on them. I'm feeling as though cutting in line may be worth a try?

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/262097

ROFL

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

It was QP tickets....Cheers

You can use playslips for your QP especially if you want them a certain way ie; 2 tickets with 5 lines each instead of a 10 line ticket.  Then you will never have a communciation problem.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
          Member #142499
          May 13, 2013
          1186 Posts
          Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

I guess I'm stuck in my routine I always get 2x 5... and then play my self picks on the play slips.

I just don't believe in the 10 line QP. I have more luck with the 2x 5.

Hey, if you have a routine you have a routine. Go with what you're comfortable with. 

I think the point everyone is making is that there have been incidents where a person won because the clerk made a mistake. There was a lady just last year or the year before who asked for a MM ticket and the clerk accidentally gave her a PB ticket instead, she took it anyway and she won the JP. Sole winner. You just never know.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 9, 2013, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

So.. I go to get my normal 2x 5 line tickets... But she brings me 2x 10 line.

I tell her no.. I only get 2x 5 line.

She replies: Well its the same thing, So can you take one 10 line..

I reply No it is not the same thing for me, I only get 2x 5 line,

She gives me attitude and brings 2x 5 line...

Its not that im cheap I just play the way I play and will not change it.

How much energy will it take for her to press the cancel button and put the card in the machine?

I just needed to vent.....Mad.

That's why I never dated wimmins from Iceland.

cheryl59's avatar - center
              Va Beach
              United States
              Member #46651
              September 20, 2006
              1858 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2013, 6:11 am - IP Logged

I remember a few years ago the clerk in the store "accidentally" put one of my Fathers playslips in twice, after checking his tickets (before leaving the store) he told the clerk what she had done, the clerk told my Dad that she would gladly cancel the extra  tickets,

that he does not want...my Dad said no,  that's ok, I'll keep them,  well his pick 4 number hit that day and Dad took home an extra $5000.00 win!  Whenever I am able to purchase a mistate I buy it gladly, and I can also say that I have won off of a few mistakes myself in pick 3 (nothing big as my Dad, but i'll take a $40.00 win anyday :) 

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Never refuse a 'mistake' when you are playing the lottery especially if it's one you can buy. Let me explain. A long time ago when I use to live in New York, I use to go to the same store and hang out and chat with the owner. One morning I played my usual numbers and  NY lotto tickets. As I was chatting with the owner, a customer came in so I just waited until he was done. The owner thought the guy wanted 5  NY lotto quick picks so he printed the tickets. The guy was pissed off and said " I said I only wanted one dollar quick-pick". He was very angry and I saw that the owner was getting angry too so I said: " I'll take it". Before he walked out he said: " I hope that ticket isn't the jackpot". The next day I checked my numbers and I was shocked to find out that I had 5 numbers and had won $1,500 more or less (It was so long ago). I was so happy and the owner couldn't believe it either. Ever since then I vow not to refuse a ticket that was printed out in 'error' ( of course if I have the money to buy it). I believe that God, the universe, fate or whatever you believe in was trying to guide me. So my point is that sometimes the 'forces' uses people to guide you to your destiny. It was a wake up moment for me. Don't get me wrong. I still angry when the clerk here puts in the wrong numbers especially if its clearly written but now I see things differently. I sure other here have had similair experences.

I agree with you and this is a great ending to this story.

Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I remember a few years ago the clerk in the store "accidentally" put one of my Fathers playslips in twice, after checking his tickets (before leaving the store) he told the clerk what she had done, the clerk told my Dad that she would gladly cancel the extra  tickets,

that he does not want...my Dad said no,  that's ok, I'll keep them,  well his pick 4 number hit that day and Dad took home an extra $5000.00 win!  Whenever I am able to purchase a mistate I buy it gladly, and I can also say that I have won off of a few mistakes myself in pick 3 (nothing big as my Dad, but i'll take a $40.00 win anyday :) 

Great win for your Dad!! I wish my Dad could win like that right now!!

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Great win for your Dad!! I wish my Dad could win like that right now!!

I Agree! Go for it, and win Dad.

Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I agree ,buy those mistakes,.....................this happened to my daughter well tending college in Syracuse,ny,......she worked in a tobacco shop in the mall .Customer walks in orders 5 dollars qp worth of take 5,.........as she hands them to the customer,the customer snaps "are you stupid" I ordered lotto,..after a few more slurs from this guy my daughter 's in tears.She got the guy his lotto and he left .She takes five dollars of her money and purchases her first lottery ticket.

Two weeks later well organizing her purse ,she comes across that ticket.She checked the numbers and found she had won 1438.00 having four numbers correct.

She was really hoping that customer and her paths would cross,so she could let that guy know how much of a dumbazz he was.

Bad karma for that customer to be very mean and rude to your daughter who was just doing her best; good karma for winning $1,438.00 that day.