Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scenario :You won the Jackpot-but you have a problem: You cannot find your ticket, now what?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5913 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Yikes, I would just keep looking

Think about this before replying. Here's what I would do. I would contact a lawyer and explain to him, the approximate time and store name, where I purchased the ticket. He can check all the info out with the store, because the store will be notified, if they sold the winning ticket. The person may be lucky enough to have been recorded. You may have to wait for 6 mos to a year. I think I read where this happen to someone.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

You know you the winner, why? because you wrote the numbers on a separate sheet of paper or put them on your smart phone and all signs point to you being a Millionaire, but for reasons unknown you have misplaced the ticket, you say that you have  looked " everywhere", at least you think you have,but in the meantime you have turned your room, your trailer, your apartment upside down and cannot find the ticket.

What would be your next course of action?

Would you really expect anyone to believe you recorded all the numbers in your smart phone and didn't take a picture of the ticket?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10355 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Saint Anthony is the patron saint of lost things, and here's the prayer to find them:

Saint Anthony Saint Anthony please look around

There's something lost that must be found.

Hopefully no one here would lose a winning ticket, but next time you can't find something try the above prayer.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40611 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Saint Anthony is the patron saint of lost things, and here's the prayer to find them:

Hopefully no one here would lose a winning ticket, but next time you can't find something try the above prayer.

Wink

Thanks CoinToss

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40611 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Think about this before replying. Here's what I would do. I would contact a lawyer and explain to him, the approximate time and store name, where I purchased the ticket. He can check all the info out with the store, because the store will be notified, if they sold the winning ticket. The person may be lucky enough to have been recorded. You may have to wait for 6 mos to a year. I think I read where this happen to someone.

Thanks Carbob.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

will that work to pick Lottery numbers What?

Of course it will work to pick lottery numbers. Just hold it over a list of numbers and write down whichever losing numbers it spins over.

collegem$'s avatar - ts
              Disney Land
              United States
              Member #92265
              June 3, 2010
              6878 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Wink

Big fix in panic..

Thanks for posting!

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4806 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I think that is very, very unlikely to happen. The ticket is a bearer instrument and unless you can show someone stole it, etc., it needs to be in your possession. And, even if you were recorded, it does not mean you were not purchasing the ticket for someone else or as part of a pool, etc. If this happened to someone with a lost ticket, I would love to see the link. No honest attorney is going to take a matter like that without claims of theft, etc.

If someone lost a ticket, they should call Mirlande for help!  We all saw how quickly her attorney dropped her when she did not "find" the ticket.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4111 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2013, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I think that is very, very unlikely to happen. The ticket is a bearer instrument and unless you can show someone stole it, etc., it needs to be in your possession. And, even if you were recorded, it does not mean you were not purchasing the ticket for someone else or as part of a pool, etc. If this happened to someone with a lost ticket, I would love to see the link. No honest attorney is going to take a matter like that without claims of theft, etc.

If someone lost a ticket, they should call Mirlande for help!  We all saw how quickly her attorney dropped her when she did not "find" the ticket.

Artist- you make a valid point, whoever signs the ticket is the winner according to the lottery- one could probably wish an attorney could help you out, but its doubtful.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

"No honest attorney is going to take a matter like that without claims of theft, etc."

You used the words "honest" and "attorney" in the same sentence without using "LOL!"   No No

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7325 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

I bought some advanced play pick-4 tickets before going to Reno. Five days later on the way how, I stopped for gas and noticed one of my numbers hit straight. When I got home I could not remember where I put the tickets and the hunt was on. Getting a nice win is hard enough and misplacing or losing a ticket terrible. After I found the ticket, from then on all my tickets were together; not some in the sun visor, glove compartment, top of the fridge, or next to the mail.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4111 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2013, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

"No honest attorney is going to take a matter like that without claims of theft, etc."

You used the words "honest" and "attorney" in the same sentence without using "LOL!"   No No

Ridge: Your answer reminds me of what my Grandfather used to tell me as a teenager, he would say " Stay away from the three P's  son, and l would ask him, what are they and his response was Priests, Politicians & Prostitutes"

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4806 Posts
                          Posted: July 25, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

lol That is why i said honest.  There are a few, some, really.  You saw the counsel representing Mirlande get away from her as fast as he could when everyone figured out she was lying.

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4806 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2013, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Ridge: Your answer reminds me of what my Grandfather used to tell me as a teenager, he would say " Stay away from the three P's  son, and l would ask him, what are they and his response was Priests, Politicians & Prostitutes"

lol That reminds me when I moved to the DC area, everyone thought I'd end up married to a congressman or senator (with my own career also of course) and after running into a few of these old boys (in the course of my job) when I was in my 20's, I could not get away fast enough. They were all sleezy...especially the ones from the midwest (not sure why).There is not enough money in the world to marry one of them.

J'aime La France.

Japan
                              Member #131605
                              August 14, 2012
                              372 Posts
                              Posted: July 26, 2013, 1:34 am - IP Logged

SO if Won the Next Powerball Jackpot but did not have the ticket as in it was lost or gone but I have the ticket and others I bought, photograph clearly on my phone clearly showing all numbers and time it was bought etc How will the Powerball Lottery handle this?

Ofcours they could even verify with the store it was purchased at from cameras.

So without out a shadow of doubt from the proof you have, specificaly the photos of the tickets, the Lottery would still say you need to be physicaly holding the ticket even though it's clear you purchased and had the winning ticket?