Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is New Jersey one of the luckiest States for either Jackpot winners or what?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6305 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2013, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I see a couple Michigans on there, we've had our share.

Yeah for MichiganDance( home state)Banana

I Love Pink & Green 1908

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    919 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2013, 4:23 am - IP Logged

NJ has been cashing in like no other State Lately. They bagged 2nd prize again last night- whether it was Pedro who started this trend or another, they sure have had more than their share of winners and runner up's as well. All the Best to the winners!!

Side Question: Has anyone won the Main Prize to your knowledge " after" winning 2nd prize, whether recent or in the distant past? l can think of none.

It really does not matter folks. Awhile back, it was Ohio that was winning AA lot of the big Mega Millions jackpots. Indiana had a good run at Powerball. New York and California also had good trending luck. Same with Pennsylvania (I remember seeing a few Bentleys as I drove through PA a few years ago and thought "Must be a lucky jackpot winner!"). 

I would say it is more likely someone living in a densely populated state will win just because more lottery tickets are purchased in a state like New York or California than Arkansas or Idaho. Same thing applies to so called "lucky stores" that sell multiple winning jackpot tickets. But it only takes a bit of luck to be that 1 out of 175,223,510 to win Powerball jackpot.

So there is no need to drive to a particular state or store (just ask that California man who won $120 million Mega Millions last year...he just played same numbers he always played from time to time). 

I just plan to renew my subscription and play a few own picks along with a few quicker pickers (as the lady who runs the store where I buy most of my retail lottery tickets says!).

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2013, 4:47 am - IP Logged

i think some states that has never won before should win have many winners would be fair Yes Nod

or just indiana Green laugh

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
        Jacksonville, Florida
        United States
        Member #140364
        March 17, 2013
        195 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2013, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I'm convinced I could win if I bought tickets in Jersey.  Anyone up for a road trip?  I'll split the winnings with whoever drives.

I'm down with a trip to NJ. I want to stop in Philly tho

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2013, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Good Lord!! New Jersey must have alot of golden horseshoes buried somewhere.....Im thinking about becoming a yankee....LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4144 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2013, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Good Lord!! New Jersey must have alot of golden horseshoes buried somewhere.....Im thinking about becoming a yankee....LOL

Can't figure it out either.  With so many States playing it seems the concentration of wealth from the lottery is being dumped in NJ.
            Hope it's to  some who lost everything to Sandy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2013, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Rumor has it that MUSL is changing the name of Powerball to "Jersey Millionaires Fund."

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2013, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Rumor has it that MUSL is changing the name of Powerball to "Jersey Millionaires Fund."

LOL I smell a reality show....Real housewives of the New Jersey Lottery winners

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3460 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2013, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday on the evening news they reported New Jersey had a total of 3 Powerball winners. Pennsylvania 16 Powerball winners and Indiana 11 Powerball winners. New Jersey seems to do better with Mega Millions.

Guess Who's Back?

Marana AZ
                    United States
                    Member #145341
                    August 3, 2013
                    179 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2013, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Number of PB + MM jackpot winners by state since November 28, 2012:

NJ 6
                    FL, MI 3 
                    PA, TX, MD 2 
                    VA, OH, MN, AZ, DE, IL, KS, LA, MA 1

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19964 Posts
                      Posted: August 8, 2013, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday on the evening news they reported New Jersey had a total of 3 Powerball winners. Pennsylvania 16 Powerball winners and Indiana 11 Powerball winners. New Jersey seems to do better with Mega Millions.

did they say how many of them winners still have any money left LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4144 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2013, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Someone from NJ bagged 2nd place again last night. Is it the high concentration of tickets purchased in the State or what?
                        This is a complete head scratcher for me.When will this circle be broken?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3857 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2013, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Someone from NJ bagged 2nd place again last night. Is it the high concentration of tickets purchased in the State or what?
                          This is a complete head scratcher for me.When will this circle be broken?

Was'nt me, I just checked my ticket I had 1 #

You may be right about the high concentration of tix.

We certainly have a lot of outlets, yesterday was the 1st time in years I had to wait in line for tickets,

there were 2 people in front of me.  LOL

Then when the 1st one was done the clerk took my bet slips 1st cause he knew my transaction would take less then a minute,

while the other person (also a regular) would take a long time.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #142157
                            May 4, 2013
                            62 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2013, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I want California to win A PB jackpot.  Hopefully me.  209 Modesto.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2013, 11:57 am - IP Logged

LOL Big Grin

I Love Pink & Green 1908