Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery vs Zombies

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Percentage of zombies to stop you going out for lottery tickets?

0.001% [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
0.1% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
1% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
5% [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
10% [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
50% [ 7 ]  [29.17%]
My Clerk Is A Zombie [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
I Am A Zombie [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
I Buy Tickets Online [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3114 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Ok, here's the setup. 

We're becoming a zombie nation.  The zombie plague could become humanity's exit apocalypse.  Or the army and CDC could fix it, who knows?

The dead are walking, so far not many and they are the shambler zombies you can evade by walking faster. 

Even if the end of the world is coming, gonna need money for as long as it can still buy stuff, right?

How many zombies would there have to be in your local population to prevent your going to the store to buy lottery tickets?  Doesn't count if you're going for supplies anyway, we're taking tickets only, well maybe tickets, chips and a six pack.

BobP

http://www.zombiesplague.com

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2013, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Ok, here's the setup. 

We're becoming a zombie nation.  The zombie plague could become humanity's exit apocalypse.  Or the army and CDC could fix it, who knows?

The dead are walking, so far not many and they are the shambler zombies you can evade by walking faster. 

Even if the end of the world is coming, gonna need money for as long as it can still buy stuff, right?

How many zombies would there have to be in your local population to prevent your going to the store to buy lottery tickets?  Doesn't count if you're going for supplies anyway, we're taking tickets only, well maybe tickets, chips and a six pack.

BobP

http://www.zombiesplague.com

LOL

Very funny BobP.

I was just curious, are these george romero, stephen king or john carpenter zombies?

Can these shambler Z's ride bicycyles? Cause I dont really want to have to run to the store. (even though I do that sometimes anyway)

I am still thinking it over. 

(Dont forget to get some white owls with your six pack. and maybe some chewing tabacky)

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2013, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Not any percentage of Zombies will stop me from going out for lottery tickets 2 win D $200 million.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        42118 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Michigan state offers a 6 week course on how to survive the Zombie Apocalypse, lol

We're ready!

HyperBe Happy.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

UMM I thought World War Z was a good movie too....but if everybody is a zombie if you do go get tickets, who's going to do the drawing...they're zombies...how would you even collect the check, they're zombies....how can you even cash the check you go to the bank and guess what...they are zombies too....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2013, 2:19 am - IP Logged

The clerks where I usually play are regular people but there's a certain time of day at that store the is "Zombie Hour".

I'm not kidding, it's amazing, as soon as people get through the door they go into super slow-mo.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3114 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2013, 3:28 am - IP Logged

LOL

Very funny BobP.

I was just curious, are these george romero, stephen king or john carpenter zombies?

Can these shambler Z's ride bicycyles? Cause I dont really want to have to run to the store. (even though I do that sometimes anyway)

I am still thinking it over. 

(Dont forget to get some white owls with your six pack. and maybe some chewing tabacky)

These would be George Romero, Dawn Of the Dead seventies zombies that have to sneak up to catch you by surprise because otherwise almost anyone can out walk them. 

Can't recall any Stephen King zombies, The Stand was man made plague read the unabridged version stands up well today as the day it came out. 

John Carpenter's zombies are on Mars, they may want our women, but not our lottery tickets.

I hear that if you give zombies chewing tabacky they explode.  Have to test that theory.

BobP

1 Simple trick to improve your credit score = Pay your bills on time.

Don't eat this if you want to lose weight = Fried lard cake.

1 Simple trick to lower your auto insurance rates = stop hitting things with your car.

Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3114 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2013, 3:45 am - IP Logged

UMM I thought World War Z was a good movie too....but if everybody is a zombie if you do go get tickets, who's going to do the drawing...they're zombies...how would you even collect the check, they're zombies....how can you even cash the check you go to the bank and guess what...they are zombies too....

Movies tend to gloss over the part between the first zombie and when hordes decend on the city center.

I'm thinking Shawn of the Dead where every day he evades the panhandler and one day the guy is a zombie, little difference.  Could take years to reach WWZ stage.  Might be illegal in some states to kill zombies that don't bite.  Goberment could be quietly taking them off the streets and we don't even know it.  Look at the naked guy in Pa that punched through the police cruiser windshield reaching for the cop, took two bullets and walked away.   Story makes no sense until the word zombie is added. 

Question is: When you begin to notice the creatures, before zombie armageddon, how many wandering around in your area would put you off going out for lottery tickets?

BobP

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2013, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Movies tend to gloss over the part between the first zombie and when hordes decend on the city center.

I'm thinking Shawn of the Dead where every day he evades the panhandler and one day the guy is a zombie, little difference.  Could take years to reach WWZ stage.  Might be illegal in some states to kill zombies that don't bite.  Goberment could be quietly taking them off the streets and we don't even know it.  Look at the naked guy in Pa that punched through the police cruiser windshield reaching for the cop, took two bullets and walked away.   Story makes no sense until the word zombie is added. 

Question is: When you begin to notice the creatures, before zombie armageddon, how many wandering around in your area would put you off going out for lottery tickets?

BobP

LOL I think the Zombie epidemic would be just that...if it would or even could happen...an epidemic, when they just run amuck biting and infecting, and I think they glossed over the part between the first and the hordes because that's how most diseases are...I mean we don't know who the first person was to have the Spanish flu and that wiped out like 2 % of the population back in the 19th century, AIDS, Cancer, etc...you never know who's first...but if it did happen....you got bigger problems than worrying about lottery tickets....and if you did manage to get those tickets and if you by some change you won the jackpot....how can you collect in a zombie world???

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    42118 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2013, 9:38 am - IP Logged

The clerks where I usually play are regular people but there's a certain time of day at that store the is "Zombie Hour".

I'm not kidding, it's amazing, as soon as people get through the door they go into super slow-mo.

just like the kids at fast food joints,

HyperBe Happy.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                      Member #48046
                      December 7, 2006
                      1699 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2013, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

In the 70's   The Night Stalker,  showed us,

that if you pour Salt in a Zombie's Mouth  and Sew their Lips together,

they'll kinda-of   explode that way too.

The Main Zombie that, every now and then, that prevents me from getting a Ticket

comes out of a Beer Can.

Other than that ... a Shotgun and  a Box of Shells, should get you to the store.

( In Zombie World ).   Goof

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                        Jacksonville Florida
                        United States
                        Member #23018
                        October 6, 2005
                        933 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Ah, the Night Stalker

And this just in: Lottery officials said that they have refused a Zombie's claim that he had purchased a winning $235 million dollar Powerball ticket but then mistakenly ate the ticket. Lottery officials also said they will start printing on the back of each ticket "Do Not Eat This Ticket".

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42118 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Ah, the Night Stalker

And this just in: Lottery officials said that they have refused a Zombie's claim that he had purchased a winning $235 million dollar Powerball ticket but then mistakenly ate the ticket. Lottery officials also said they will start printing on the back of each ticket "Do Not Eat This Ticket".

lol, thats funny

HyperBe Happy.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                            Member #52345
                            May 21, 2007
                            2680 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2013, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Ah, the Night Stalker

Roll Eyes, but Green laugh

United Kingdom
                              Member #145209
                              July 31, 2013
                              5 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2013, 7:13 am - IP Logged

I would go out regardless of the zombie's as I may be able to buy them off, if not, once I claim the funds I can use the cash to barracade my door.