Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery vs Zombies

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 3 years ago by BobP.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Percentage of zombies to stop you going out for lottery tickets?

0.001% [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
0.1% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
1% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2% [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
5% [ 2 ]  [8.33%]
10% [ 1 ]  [4.17%]
50% [ 7 ]  [29.17%]
My Clerk Is A Zombie [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
I Am A Zombie [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
I Buy Tickets Online [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2013, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

These would be George Romero, Dawn Of the Dead seventies zombies that have to sneak up to catch you by surprise because otherwise almost anyone can out walk them. 

Can't recall any Stephen King zombies, The Stand was man made plague read the unabridged version stands up well today as the day it came out. 

John Carpenter's zombies are on Mars, they may want our women, but not our lottery tickets.

I hear that if you give zombies chewing tabacky they explode.  Have to test that theory.

BobP

1 Simple trick to improve your credit score = Pay your bills on time.

Don't eat this if you want to lose weight = Fried lard cake.

1 Simple trick to lower your auto insurance rates = stop hitting things with your car.

I kinda agree with Ronnie.  NO amount of zombies will prevent me from playing.

(Unless they are all hovering around the little sliding draw that I have to put my playslips in)

That might pose a problem as they may try to bite my hand as I slide the money into the slot.

In CreepShow, Ted Danson plays a zombie, so that might qualify as a stephen king zombie.( However I dont know if that was a braineating zombie) or just a hole digging zombie.  However, that was a joint venture by Romero and King.

But imdb credits stephen king as the writer.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3114 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I kinda agree with Ronnie.  NO amount of zombies will prevent me from playing.

(Unless they are all hovering around the little sliding draw that I have to put my playslips in)

That might pose a problem as they may try to bite my hand as I slide the money into the slot.

In CreepShow, Ted Danson plays a zombie, so that might qualify as a stephen king zombie.( However I dont know if that was a braineating zombie) or just a hole digging zombie.  However, that was a joint venture by Romero and King.

But imdb credits stephen king as the writer.

According to one website Steven King wrote zombie story called Cell - Your Number Is Up.  Supposedly going to be a movie with John Cusack if it ever gets off the ground.  Somehow an unknown force turns everyone on their cell phone into a zombie.  Sounds like The Signal.  Some of these movies like The Happening even when big budget don't make it.   They should include a zombie holding a play slip trying to give it to a zombie clerk.

BobP

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23243 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Zombies are the only thing that would prevent me from going out at all. I can brave vampires and werewolves..at least if
      they get you, you retain your thinking skills. If you're bitten or attack by a zombie, you just become a flesh eating, mindless,
      nobody that can't think of anything more than where your next hunk of flesh is coming from. Money isn't important to them,
      blood is...they don't even care that once bitten you're competition. Instead of one arm per zombie, it's one arm per 20 zombies.
      Most states do better than that for competitive players...payouts are equal for the players in most. I'd rather deal
      with the state monsters.
      I'll keep myself safe, stay in and play when the world is back to normal again. If I need to help get it that way, no problem.
      I can aim for the head. Dead

357 369

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Ok, here's the setup. 

We're becoming a zombie nation.  The zombie plague could become humanity's exit apocalypse.  Or the army and CDC could fix it, who knows?

The dead are walking, so far not many and they are the shambler zombies you can evade by walking faster. 

Even if the end of the world is coming, gonna need money for as long as it can still buy stuff, right?

How many zombies would there have to be in your local population to prevent your going to the store to buy lottery tickets?  Doesn't count if you're going for supplies anyway, we're taking tickets only, well maybe tickets, chips and a six pack.

BobP

http://www.zombiesplague.com

That looks like a webshop to me.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1409 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2013, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

According to one website Steven King wrote zombie story called Cell - Your Number Is Up.  Supposedly going to be a movie with John Cusack if it ever gets off the ground.  Somehow an unknown force turns everyone on their cell phone into a zombie.  Sounds like The Signal.  Some of these movies like The Happening even when big budget don't make it.   They should include a zombie holding a play slip trying to give it to a zombie clerk.

BobP

I read that book just last week.  It was OK, I guess, better than most of his recent work...which isn't saying much.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
           - George Orwell

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I would go out regardless of the zombie's as I may be able to buy them off, if not, once I claim the funds I can use the cash to barracade my door.

I have to agree with Chinook. (God rest his avatar.)Blue Angel

As long as female zombies are not there, I will go to the store.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1409 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

One of my favorite classic rock tunes.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

One of my favorite classic rock tunes.

Thumbs Up

Drum

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
                  Phoenix, AZ
                  United States
                  Member #136173
                  December 5, 2012
                  1034 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2013, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

If I can evade some Zombies by walking faster?  I'd go get my lotto tickets.  I'd just be packing some major fire power just in case I run across a swarm and need to mow some down to get to where I'm going.

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19967 Posts
                    Posted: August 22, 2013, 4:57 am - IP Logged

If I can evade some Zombies by walking faster?  I'd go get my lotto tickets.  I'd just be packing some major fire power just in case I run across a swarm and need to mow some down to get to where I'm going.

Green laugh

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Ok, here's the setup. 

We're becoming a zombie nation.  The zombie plague could become humanity's exit apocalypse.  Or the army and CDC could fix it, who knows?

The dead are walking, so far not many and they are the shambler zombies you can evade by walking faster. 

Even if the end of the world is coming, gonna need money for as long as it can still buy stuff, right?

How many zombies would there have to be in your local population to prevent your going to the store to buy lottery tickets?  Doesn't count if you're going for supplies anyway, we're taking tickets only, well maybe tickets, chips and a six pack.

BobP

http://www.zombiesplague.com

I just saw this MM commercial in new york.  LOL.  Had to post it.

It appears you might just have to "compete" with the zombies for lottery tickets.

Hey BobP, can you get some royalties on the idea perhaps?LOL

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3159 Posts
                        Posted: September 13, 2013, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I just saw this MM commercial in new york.  LOL.  Had to post it.

It appears you might just have to "compete" with the zombies for lottery tickets.

Hey BobP, can you get some royalties on the idea perhaps?LOL

That was good. Liked that better then those little luck commercials.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                          Athens
                          Greece
                          Member #133234
                          September 24, 2012
                          193 Posts
                          Posted: September 13, 2013, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Not even Zombies are going to stop me from playing the Lottery...

6/49 dis(assembly)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3114 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2013, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I love it!  Too bad their currency is brains!

BobP

Live like a zombie, buy head cheese today!